Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-29-2009, 07:09 AM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2009 07:56 AM by Raphael.)
216?
Why 216?

It makes many appearances.
This number has many 'stories' 'narratives' attached to it.
It is more than just a number.
Plato spoke about 216 in his best seller the 'Republic'.
He relates 216 to the number 666 by the way.
In his own way.
In no way does he ever say it represents the devil or the anti-christ.
6x6x6 = 216

Quote:Plato alludes to the fact that 216 is equal to 6^3, where 6 is one of the numbers representing marriage since it is the product to the female 2 and the male 3. Plato was also aware of the fact the sum of the cubes of the 3-4-5 Pythagorean triple is equal to 3^3+4^3+5^3=216 (Livio 2002, p. 66).

The Shemhamphorasch can be seen on the ceiling of the Sistine Angel Chapel.
Interesting piece of trivia eh?
We find out why later.

question:
So how does the Shemhamphorasch = 216 = secret code 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8 = Fibonacci = 72 names of god (according to the Kabbalists)?

Quote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shemhamphorasch

The Shemhamphorasch (a corruption of Hebrew שם המפורש Shem ha-Mephorash) is an epithet for a 216-letter name of God derived by medieval kabbalists from the Book of Exodus, by reading the letters of three verses in a specific order.[1] The name is composed of 72 groups of three letters, each of these triplets being the name of an angel or intelligence.

In speech and writing the term Shemhamphorasch is normally substituted for the actual 72-letter name for brevity, and, as with the epithet Tetragrammaton, to avoid desecrating the actual name.

Spelling variants include Shemhamforash, Shemhamphorae, Shemhamphorash, Shemahamphorasch, Shemhamphoresh, Shem ha-Mephoresh, Shem ha-Mephorash, Shemhamphoresch.

The mystical side of Judaism, the Kabbalah attributes that number to the 72 names of God.
Each of the 72 names is spelled using 3 corresponding Hebrew letters.
Thus 72 x 3 = 216

Please note ONLY ONE HEBREW LETTER was excluded from those 72 names of God, that can form a string of numbers, a numerical CODE.
It is gimel, the 3rd letter.
This becomes important later.

The Shemhamphorash as a 216 digit numerical CODE.
Quote:The true 216-digits sequence is (Naturalis Veritas, the end of the history, Massimo Nardotto, 2007):

1 1 2 3 5 8 4 3 7 1 8 9 8 8 7 6 4 1 5 6 2 8 1 9 2 2 4 6 1 7 8 6 5 2 7 9 7 7 5 3 8 2 1 3 4 7 2 9 3 3 6 9 6 6 3 9 3 3 6 9 6 6 3 9 3 3 6 9 6 6 3 9 4 4 8 3 2 5 7 3 1 4 5 9 5 5 1 6 7 4 2 6 8 5 4 9 5 5 1 6 7 4 2 6 8 5 4 9 4 4 8 3 2 5 7 3 1 4 5 9 6 6 3 9 3 3 6 9 6 6 3 9 3 3 6 9 6 6 3 9 3 3 6 9 7 7 5 3 8 2 1 3 4 7 2 9 2 2 4 6 1 7 8 6 5 2 7 9 8 8 7 6 4 1 5 6 2 8 1 9 1 1 2 3 5 8 4 3 7 1 8 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9

Well within that 216 letter coded name of ‘god’ is the Fibonacci sequence embedded.
Do you see it?
I broke this code last October. I simply reached back into the collective unconscious and pulled a rabbit (or was it a rabid rabbi?) Wink out of my hat.
Explained here:
http://kachina2012.wordpress.com/2008/10...amphorash/
http://kachina2012.wordpress.com/2008/10...-are-fibs/

So after a review of the above information, it becomes clear that 216 is direct reference to the Fibonacci numbers >> which is a pattern of numbers, easily remembered, could be taught to a child, a pattern, a sequence that reveals a 'golden concept' that can be found all throughout nature.
Patterns based on asymmetry and spirals/logarithmic growth, factors that have a direct bearing on the evolution of our asymmetric DNA, resembling a double helix.

Golden = golden mean, golden ratio, golden rectangle, golden triangle, golden spiral = phi
We must therefore conclude that the Shemhamphorash is a direct reference to the Fibonacci numbers and phi and nature's spiral.
And that this numerical concept, known in the pre-literate epochs, would later become part of and help to form a wordy narrative called the bible.

phi = golden ratio = Fibonacci = 1,1,2,3,5,8 = a godly concept called the Shemhamphorash and the Sistine Chapel.

Quote:[Image: peturs_e.gif]
The system in St. Peters is measured exactly like the Icelandic one but it is a thousand times smaller. The diameter of the cycle is 216 feet, the radius is 108 feet and sunrise is symbolised by the cross.
http://www.prentsnid.is/po/pet_grein.asp?q=e

continued
The Pope has Pagan roots? Praying

Pagan science and the numbers 27-54-108-216-432-864
http://kachina2012.wordpress.com/2008/02...-864-1782/

The Shemhamphorasch is evidence that the Fibonacci numbers were understood long ago, appearing as conscious markers when designing altars, and to deny its origins, is to deny that nature's golden spiral is connected to the obvious vortex forces, to the visible and invisible LIGHT waves, and to the audible and inaudible SOUNDs, two facts of life that are always to be reckoned with.

http://kachina2012.wordpress.com/2008/10...amphorash/
At this link I showed how easy it is to remember how to construct the numeral 216-digit code.
Starting with only two numbers...either
0 plus 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, ...
OR
1 plus 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, ...

Can we conclude that the Shemhamphorash = Fibonacci Code within a Code?

Using phi = Fibonacci numbers 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8 as a clue to help in the reconciliation of creation (religion) and evolution (science), when seeking to reconcile 'no god' with 'god', what else is revealed when we start to focus our gaze on these numbers 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8 ...
Praise

namaste

Raphael
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-31-2009, 06:57 AM (This post was last modified: 07-31-2009 07:11 AM by Raphael.)
RE: 216
so what is the connection between 72 and 216 and god and the logos and and and?

Psalm 72 mentions "All nations shall serve him" has a gematria value of 216.

http://books.google.ca/books?id=tXFl-T9P...q=&f=false

I am sure this is just another coincidence.
Praise

Here is yet another connection to the number 72.

Quote:The Septuagint (pronounced /ˈsɛptʊ.ədʒɪnt/), or simply "LXX", referred to in critical works by the abbreviation 𝔊,[1] is the Koine Greek version of the Hebrew Bible, translated in stages between the 3rd and 1st centuries BC in Alexandria.[2]

It is the oldest of several ancient translations of the Hebrew Bible into Greek, lingua franca of the eastern Mediterranean Basin from the time of Alexander the Great (356-323 BC). The word septuaginta[3] means "seventy" in Latin and derives from a tradition that seventy (or seventy-two) Jewish scholars translated the Pentateuch (Torah) from Hebrew into Greek for Ptolemy II Philadelphus, 285–246 BC.[4][5]

And 72 is the product of 8 x 9.
And 8 + 9 = 17
And the number 17 can be connected to the famous alchemist known in the west as Gerber, and the Lo Shu Magic Square and a palm leaf.

[Image: 11258PALMVictoryOverDeathASYMMETRY1.jpg]

Because my road less traveled is mostly about asymmetry...I noticed the asymmetry of the above palm leaf immediately.

I counted 17 fronds.
8 on the left and 9 on the right.
Coincidences I am sure.
Design has nothing to do with it...?
Angelic
http://kachina2012.wordpress.com/2009/04...f-victory/

I shall start a thread about 17.

namaste

NATURE cannot be HIDDEN only VEILeD with NARRATIVES that defy NATURE

CodeX4 and the Reconciliation of Science and Religion
http://kachina2012.wordpress.com/about/
08-18-2009, 01:51 PM (This post was last modified: 08-18-2009 02:07 PM by Parousia.)
(07-29-2009 07:09 AM)Raphael Wrote:  216?
Why 216?

It makes many appearances.
This number has many 'stories' 'narratives' attached to it.
It is more than just a number.
Plato spoke about 216 in his best seller the 'Republic'

I have repeatedly challenged you to find (and explain) the Plato reference. I will now meet you halfway and locate it for you.

Quote:Now that which is of divine birth has a period which is contained in a perfect number, but the period of human birth is comprehended in a number in which first increments by involution and evolution (or squared and cubed) obtaining three intervals and four terms of like and unlike, waxing and waning numbers, make all the terms commensurable and agreeable to one another.
The Republic Book VII

Can you explain how the above description results in the number 216? Hint: 216 is the period of human birth, that is, an imperfect number as opposed to the “perfect number” which is divine.

And keep in mind that Plato introduces this section in a somewhat less than serious manner.

Quote: Shall we, after the manner of Homer, pray the Muses to tell us 'how discord first arose'? Shall we imagine them in solemn mockery, to play and jest with us as if we were children, and to address us in a lofty tragic vein, making believe to be in earnest?
ibid.

Wink

(07-29-2009 07:09 AM)Raphael Wrote:  He relates 216 to the number 666 by the way.
In his own way.
In no way does he ever say it represents the devil or the anti-christ.
6x6x6 = 216

Incorrect.

As can be seen from the prior quote from The Republic, Plato must develop the number 216 in a convoluted, geometric manner. Why? Because he has no positional notation system. Neither did John (the putative author of The Book of Revelation) who used Greek letters to represent numbers in an additive manner. Without a (decimal) positional notation system, six hundred sixty six cannot be broken out into the digits 6 6 6. Plato did not refer to the “Number of the Beast”.

And by the way the John of Revelation does not use the term “anti-Christ”. That was a different John, the author of the Epistles of John. And it was not a reference to the Devil or even the Beast but “Anyone who says that Jesus is not the Christ. Anyone who denies the Father and the Son is an antichrist.” (1 John 2:22)
(07-29-2009 07:09 AM)Raphael Wrote:  The mystical side of Judaism, the Kabbalah attributes that number to the 72 names of God.
Each of the 72 names is spelled using 3 corresponding Hebrew letters.
Thus 72 x 3 = 216

Abraham Abulafia, who invented the Hokhmah ha-Tseruf (The Science of the Combination of Letters) in the late 13th century, was originally considered an outcast from traditional theurgical Kabbalah. Abulafia proposed an ‘ecstatic’ Kabbalah in which Yoga-like physical techniques were combined with musical-like recitation of the 72 names. This was an anti-theosophical, almost anti-intellectual movement and there was much bad blood between Abulafia and the more traditional rabbis – Kabbalistic or not – of the day, although some ecstatic influences later crept into ‘mainstream’ Kabbalah. (See also A History of God for some interesting discussion of Abulafia, the Kabbalah and Jewish and other Abrahamic mysticism in general.)

The upshot is that Abulafia would not have been concerned the least that the sum of the number of letters in the Names of God happens to be 216. Thinking in terms of framework rather than direct experience of content is completely at odds with his philosophy. We might also note that Abulafia’s ‘ecstatic’ experience-based approach is also completely opposite to the intellectual, formalistic approach of Plato. Mixing everything up together with no thought of real meaning is the New Age/Madonna-style approach.

(07-29-2009 07:09 AM)Raphael Wrote:  The Shemhamphorash as a 216 digit numerical CODE.
Quote:The true 216-digits sequence is (Naturalis Veritas, the end of the history, Massimo Nardotto, 2007):

1 1 2 3 5 8 4 3 7 1 8 9 8 8 7 6 4 1 5 6 2 8 1 9 2 2 4 6 1 7 8 6 5 2 7 9 7 7 5 3 8 2 1 3 4 7 2 9 3 3 6 9 6 6 3 9 3 3 6 9 6 6 3 9 3 3 6 9 6 6 3 9 4 4 8 3 2 5 7 3 1 4 5 9 5 5 1 6 7 4 2 6 8 5 4 9 5 5 1 6 7 4 2 6 8 5 4 9 4 4 8 3 2 5 7 3 1 4 5 9 6 6 3 9 3 3 6 9 6 6 3 9 3 3 6 9 6 6 3 9 3 3 6 9 7 7 5 3 8 2 1 3 4 7 2 9 2 2 4 6 1 7 8 6 5 2 7 9 8 8 7 6 4 1 5 6 2 8 1 9 1 1 2 3 5 8 4 3 7 1 8 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9

This book is quoted all over the Internet but no one, even the author in his blog, seems to be willing or able to explain the derivation. They just quote it ad nauseam. The book itself appears to be unobtainable, even from the author. It derives, of course, from the movie Pi, where it is referenced with explanation.

Here is some commentary on the movie and the alleged Shem ha-Meforash code.

Quote:In addition, it would be highly unlikely that the Hebrew Shem ha-Meforash would translate into 216 digits in a decimal system for several reasons:

. There is no zero in Hebrew numerals.
. The Hebrew number system is non-positional.
. Most Hebrew letters correspond to two-digit or three-digit numbers.

http://www.answers.com/topic/--film-3#Ka...and_.CF.80

Once again that old devil, the absence of decimal positional notation, puts the kibosh on an urban legend of numerology. In short, the absence of a derivation for this alleged code, and the severe difficulties in even accepting its possibility, render all other discussion of the code meaningless.
The preceding post is too large to edit, but here is a correction. In mentioning the move Pi it should read that it is presented with NO explanation.
08-18-2009, 02:16 PM
Wait now, Parousia. While some scholars do identify John of Patmos as a different person than John from the Epistles, traditionally they are one and the same, and all the sources I've seen have held this as mostly speculation.

Just trying to clear this up for my own information. Please don't let me distract you from your remarkable success at proving once again that Raphael doesn't know what he's talking about.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
08-18-2009, 03:11 PM
(08-18-2009 02:16 PM)GTseng3 Wrote:  Wait now, Parousia. While some scholars do identify John of Patmos as a different person than John from the Epistles, traditionally they are one and the same, and all the sources I've seen have held this as mostly speculation.

If one looks at both the content and the phraseology of 1 John, it appears clear (to me and to numerous others) that this is the same person who wrote the Gospel of John. In particular, the sense of Christianity being now a specific thing distinct from Judaism and Judaic influenced Christianity, and for that matter distinct from the Gnostic variants of the day, appear clearly in both. John is delineating the theological and attitudinal boundaries of a Christian Church as an ongoing institution that must perforce exist in a Roman world. In the Gospel of John it is especially clear that the Second Coming is not going to be soon and the belief that it would happen in the lifetime of some who had heard Jesus – all dead by this time - is carefully explained away.

By contrast, Revelation is about an imminent apocalyptic end of the world. There is even a veiled suggestion that Nero, not dead but in hiding, would come back and play a part. The structure, language and images are very much those of the Book of Daniel. Revelation could almost pass for a Jewish work in that same tradition. How one ought to live, points emphasized in the Gospel of John and especially in 1 John, are simply non-existent in Revelation.

It seems clear to me that these are two different Johns.
08-24-2009, 10:29 AM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2009 11:34 AM by Raphael.)
(08-18-2009 01:51 PM)Parousia Wrote:  I have repeatedly challenged you to find (and explain) the Plato reference.

And I have also attempted the same re: Shemhamphorasch

You offered this....

(08-18-2009 01:51 PM)Parousia Wrote:  Abraham Abulafia, who invented the Hokhmah ha-Tseruf (The Science of the Combination of Letters)

I am NOT expert in very much as the herd of EWE speculate.

I thus needed to do a search on the Shemhamphorasch/tetragrammaton/phi and found MUCH MUCH MUCH info.

Parousia I then did a search on the info that EWE offered.
i.e. where EWE link the Shemhamphorasch to the Hokhmah ha-Tseruf, a link that MUST exist if any of what you offered in your blah blah CUT and PASTE response is true?

Here is what I found when researching your drivel re: the Hokmah.
Your search - Shemhamphorasch Hokhmah ha-Tseruf - did NOT match any documents....
Tongue

did NOT?
How can that be?
Maybe because the gnostic teachings are way OVER your spiritual head?
http://gnosticteachings.org/forum/index....d&pid=6925

Thus I am still waiting for a decent response to why 216 seems to have held the fascination of Plato and the Kabbalists?
Nice try.

namaste
(08-18-2009 01:51 PM)Parousia Wrote:  I have repeatedly challenged you to find (and explain) the Plato reference. I will now meet you halfway and locate it for you.

Quote:Now that which is of divine birth has a period which is contained in a perfect number, but the period of human birth is comprehended in a number in which first increments by involution and evolution (or squared and cubed) obtaining three intervals and four terms of like and unlike, waxing and waning numbers, make all the terms commensurable and agreeable to one another.
The Republic Book VII

three intervals and four terms?

well what if now you are discussing the number 64 or 81 or maybe 12?
3 x 4 = 12
4 cubed or 3 to the power of 4?
4 x 4 x 4 = 64
3 x 3 x 3 x 3 = 81

64 is the 8x8 magic square of Mercury and also represents the 64 hexagrams of the I Ching that can be connected to the 64 codons of our DNA?
What if?

Seems to fit Plato's description that EWE posted above nicely, totally unawares of what EWE posted eh? Tongue

And 81 what if the 9x9 magic square is a reference to the MOON?
And do Mercury and the Moon help form part of a narrative that affects us down here on terra firma?

geesh do I need to hold your hand ALL THE TIME parousia?
Parousia ewe might find the last line below revealing...maybe what Plato was referencing....when discussing involution and evolution.

[Image: 5solids1c.gif]
Platonic Solids in rock form?
From what epoch?
How could the ancients know there existed only 5 platonic solids, so long ago?
A fact confirmed by a computer program in the 1990s?
Puzzling eh?
Read on...
08-24-2009, 11:35 AM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2009 11:40 AM by Raphael.)
Quote:Though certainly puzzling, the application of the spiral form in such ancient contexts is not necessarily simplistic, nor can such usage be dismissed out of hand, especially when the "Meaning of Celtic Symbols " (http://www.seeekers.net/Celtic/meaning_o...mbols.htm) may be summarized as follows:

1. Both single and double spirals were among the most sacred signs of Neolithic Europe. They appeared on megalithic monuments and temples all over the continent and the Celtic islands.
2. The single spiral is the oldest and most recorded of these motifs. It has symbolized the concept of growth, expansion, and cosmic energy, depending on the culture in which it is used.
3. To the ancient inhabitants of Ireland, the spiral was used to represent their sun.
A tightly wound, clockwise spiral represented their shrinking winter sun.
A loosely wound anti-clockwise spiral represented the large summer sun.
4. The dual centered spiral is also prolific in stone carvings. It has associations with motifs from other cultures such as the Yin Yang symbol. It signifies the duality of nature and balance.
5. Spiral oculi (double twists resembling eyes) appear prominently in places like the threshold stones at Newgrange in Ireland.
A double spiral is used to represent the equinoxes, when day and night are of equal length.
6. The spiral is the cosmic symbol for the natural form of growth; a symbol of eternal life, reminding us of the flow and movement of the cosmos.
7. The passages between the spirals symbolized the divisions between life, death, and rebirth.
8. The whorls represent the continuousness of the creation and dissolution of the world. Creation is not something that occurred once and then stopped.
It is ongoing...a never-ending balanced dance of opposing forces: light and dark, life and death, masculine and feminine, "good and evil", etc..
9. The spiral is an attempt to mirror the macrocosmic order of the heavens, the gyratory movement representing the whirling of the stars above the fixed earth.
Everything whirling about a still center, the heart of the universe, or the womb which will give birth and to which all return.
10. A natural form of spiral can be found in some shells such as snail shells and more notably, the nautilus shell.
11. One school of thought gives significance to the direction of the spirals.
Clockwise or sun-wise circling, a'deasail, is traditional in Gaelic blessing gestures and good-luck practices.
To move sun-wise is to be in harmony with the earth. Conversely geis or spells are made with anti-sun-wise motion.
This gets a little tricky since spirals may be read as either flowing inwards or outwards.
http://www.spirasolaris.ca/sbb4g1.html

Maybe this post should be moved to the thread that deals with the number 64 OR maybe not.
Can spirals be golden and connected to our DNA and phi and swirling and twirling swastikas?
DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Congrats parousia you are president of the ignoramus club.
EWE defend your position very well.

However EWE fall way short of the truth.

namaste
Yes the spiral meandering through the countryside like a river, or a spiral that meanders or wraps itself around your warped DNA is the origin of the word MEANDER, not not not Latin...

Latin is only a language that is attempting to help the meandering Neanderthal express what is going on ... deep deep deep within the human body/universe.

obvious to me that the archetypal language has been lost on EWE parousia[/u].

NATURE cannot be HIDDEN only VEILeD with NARRATIVES that defy NATURE

CodeX4 and the Reconciliation of Science and Religion
08-27-2009, 09:08 PM (This post was last modified: 08-27-2009 09:12 PM by Parousia.)
You know, Raph, you always give yourself away. You turn on the insults when you have no adequate answers. Tsk tsk…

(08-24-2009 10:29 AM)Raphael Wrote:  I thus needed to do a search on the Shemhamphorasch/tetragrammaton/phi and found MUCH MUCH MUCH info.

And I get 843,000 hits on “flying saucers”. So what?

(08-24-2009 10:29 AM)Raphael Wrote:  Parousia I then did a search on the info that EWE offered.
i.e. where EWE link the Shemhamphorasch to the Hokhmah ha-Tseruf, a link that MUST exist if any of what you offered in your blah blah CUT and PASTE response is

true?

Here is what I found when researching your drivel re: the Hokmah.
Your search - Shemhamphorasch Hokhmah ha-Tseruf – did NOT match any documents....

did NOT?
How can that be?

The term Shem ha-Mephorash in numerous spellings is used in reference to the 72 or 216 letter name only by cultists who see random correlations everywhere. (Plato, Tarot. Hey! Did you know they rhyme? That must mean something…)

Shem ha-Mephorash properly refers to the 42 letter name. The entry for Here in the Jewish Encyclopedia says

Quote:The view became current that the high priest uttered on the Day of Atonement the Forty-two Lettered Name (Hai Gaon, l.c.), and it appears from two remarks of Rashi (on Sanh. 60a and on 'Er. 18b) that there was a general belief that the Forty-two Lettered Name was represented by the Shem ha-Meforash.

talking about it is a link that says, according to the Kaballah, the number of letters in the Name of God is: 2, 3, 4, 8, 10, 12, 14, 22, 33, 42, 72, 216 or 304,805. (Yes, that is three hundred four thousand eight hundred five.)

And there is even considerable disagreement that that 72/216 is even the names of God.

Quote:The Kabbalah Centre offers a variety and products based on what it calls the 72 Names of God. Jewish scholars and occultists who employ the 72 names generally disagree with that description. Instead, each of the 72 Kabbalistic names provides the name of an angel, and some occultists also associate a demon with each name.
http://altreligion.about.com/od/beliefsa...2names.htm

If you want to know more about Abraham Abulafia, try Google – 86,400 hits.

One sample:

Quote: Letters of the alphabet, numerals, vowel-points, all became symbols of existence to him, and their combinations and permutations, supplementing and explaining one another, possessed for him an illumining power most effectively to be disclosed in a deeper study of the divine names, and especially of the consonants of the Tetragrammaton.

Abulafia's influence upon the further development of the Cabala was rather of a retarding than a fostering nature. He gave it a visionary turn. Owing to his influence there was a growing tendency to juggle with the names of God and angels, and to employ gemaṭria in its most diverse forms. He was the first one, too, to allow the Christian idea of the Trinity to show a faint glimmer in the Cabala.

Abulafia's writings are not wanting in excellent ideas and beautiful illustrations, but these are so overgrown with mystic obscurity and abstruseness that a perusal of them is not very edifying.

http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/view.j...9&letter=A

Or maybe even read a book:

Quote:The two Divine Names most frequently used by Abulafia in letter-combination are the Name of seventy-two letters…and the Tetragrammaton (the Name of Four Letters or the “Ineffable name”)

The Name of 72 letters is recited while contemplating circles. Each of which contains nine letters out of the 216 letters of the Name; one thereby arrives at a system of twenty-four circle, containing in toto all in all the Name of seventy-two letters.

Idel, Moshe. The Mystical Experience in Abraham Abulafia. New York: Suny Press, 1987. pp 22-23.

Here is Abulafia himself
(08-24-2009 10:29 AM)Raphael Wrote:  . A bit too long to quote, but it is all about rituals and yoga-like practices. In other words disciplined work instead of random correlations.

1st hippie: Oh WOW man! GOD backwards is like DOG!
2nd hippie: Far out man! And WOW backwards is WOW!
Here
Thus I am still waiting for a decent response to why 216 seems to have held the fascination of Plato and the Kabbalists?

As we have seen, Kabbalists are fascinated by lots of numbers.
(08-24-2009 10:29 AM)Raphael Wrote:  are some more: 5778, 1948, 70, 222.

Plato found 216 to be interesting and it is indeed in a variety of ways. But his tongue-in-cheek lead-in about the Muses and his sardonic follow-up about how of course Muses never lie shows that he did not take this numerology very seriously. In any case, 216 to Plato represented human imperfection. How does relate to God?

(08-18-2009 01:51 PM)Parousia Wrote:  The Republic Book VII

I have repeatedly challenged you to find (and explain) the Plato reference. I will now meet you halfway and locate it for you.

(08-24-2009 10:29 AM)Raphael Wrote:  

three intervals and four terms?

well what if now you are discussing the number 64 or 81 or maybe 12?
3 x 4 = 12
4 cubed or 3 to the power of 4?
4 x 4 x 4 = 64
3 x 3 x 3 x 3 = 81

64 is the 8x8 magic square of Mercury and also represents the 64 hexagrams of the I Ching that can be connected to the 64 codons of our DNA?
What if?

Seems to fit Plato's description that EWE posted above nicely, totally unawares of what EWE posted eh? Tongue

No, it bears no resemblance to Plato’s description at all. But it is interesting that you could not extract 216 from it. This IS where Plato references that number.

And can you explain why there are 64 codon combinations and why they had to be triplets? Easy math if you know anything about the biochemistry involved. Or is this just another example of random number correlation.

(08-24-2009 10:29 AM)Raphael Wrote:  Parousia ewe might find the last line below revealing...maybe what Plato was referencing....when discussing involution and evolution.

If involution and evolution do not mean square and cube, then the number 216 does not come out of Plato’s formulation. That’s the problem with random correlation. No consistency.

(08-24-2009 10:29 AM)Raphael Wrote:  [Image: 5solids1c.gif]
Platonic Solids in rock form?

Which one is supposed to be which?

[Image: PlatonicSolids.gif]

The essence of a Platonic solid is that the faces are congruent regular polygons, with the same number of faces meeting at each vertex. The faces, edges and angles of each solid are all congruent. Without well defined faces, edges and angles, all congruent, the whole idea goes down the tubes. Those rocks are not Platonic solids, just interesting carvings.
Here
How could the ancients know there existed only 5 platonic solids, so long ago?
A fact confirmed by a computer program in the 1990s?
Puzzling eh?

Completely and totally wrong.

here is the topological proof, based on Euler’s formula. This explanation is intended to be understood by children. Euler lived in the 18th century.

And is the original proof by Euclid around 300 BCE.

No computer program was ever needed for proof. There are of course theorem proving programs and possibly one of them came up with Euclid’s proof or the Euler based one. Can you give me a reference to what you are talking about?

There are still more errors and inconsistencies to point out in your post, but why bother. You will just post it all again elsewhere like I never said anything.

Random, random, random.
08-28-2009, 07:29 AM (This post was last modified: 08-28-2009 07:55 AM by Raphael.)
08-28-2009, 08:04 AM
(08-28-2009 07:29 AM)Raphael Wrote:  LET ME REPEAT:
There exists not ONE LINK EWE offered between the Shemhamphorasch to the Hokhmah ha-Tseruf
NOT ONE!!!

As I explained (with reference) that is because there IS no connection. The Shemhamphorasch is the 42 letter name, not the 72/216. Your basic assumption is wrong.

(08-28-2009 07:29 AM)Raphael Wrote:  
(08-27-2009 09:08 PM)Parousia Wrote:  And there is even considerable disagreement that that 72/216 is even the names of God.

What is your point again?

That your case for 72/216 being something fundamental is very weak. Just finding the number laying around in different places does not help if the meaning attached to it is different in all those places.

(08-28-2009 07:29 AM)Raphael Wrote:  And each name is spelled using three Hebrew letters?
72x3=216
So what is your point exactly?

That finding three lines in a row someplace in the Bible that happen to have the same number of Hebrew letters in them is not very astonishing. There are many thousands of lines in the Bible. If the three lines were in the section where God says his name and they were a single sentence that might indicate intentionality on the part of the author, but nothing more than that. As it is, it does not meet those or any other reasonable criteria, so what makes it more than a coincidence?

(08-28-2009 07:29 AM)Raphael Wrote:  
(08-27-2009 09:08 PM)Parousia Wrote:  If you want to know more about Abraham Abulafia, try Google – 86,400 hits.

why would I?
Abulafia was a feeble attempt by you to link Shemhamphorasch to the Hokhmah ha-Tseruf

The Hokhmah ha-Tseruf was a book written by Abulafia. It is in fact the origin of the 72/216 system. It has nothing to do with the 42 letter Shemhamphorasch.

(08-28-2009 07:29 AM)Raphael Wrote:  maybe an ignorant researcher like yourself, ignorant of what is mystical, made that wiki entry?
what does it prove?
nothing...

It was not Wiki. It was the very scholarly Jewish Encyclopedia. And I think I have demonstrated that I know more about this subject than you do. All your 'knowledge' seems to have come from a single Wiki article.

I am not bothering with the rest of your post because it is just more RANDOMizing. You clearly do not know the answers to the questions I posed and just go off on tangents, dragging in more and more unrelated esoterica. (The Coral Castle? What this forum really needs for moments like this is a horse laugh smiley.) But I see from your increasing insult rate that you know that you have no answers.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)