Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
7 Reasons to Read the Glorious Qur'an
12-15-2009, 12:33 AM
7 Reasons to Read the Glorious Qur'an
(1) Intimate:

It dares you to disprove it. How? It says that humans can not write a book like this even if they pooled all their resources together and got help also from the spirits. The Qur'an said this fourteen hundreds years ago and yet no one has been able to disprove it. Billions of books have been written - but not another one like the Qur'an.

(2) Incorruptible:

It is the only religious sacred writing which has been in circulation for such a long time and yet remains as pure as it was in the beginning. The Qur'an was kept intact. Nothing was added to it; nothing was changed in it; and nothing was taken away from it ever since it was completely revealed 1400 years ago.

(3) Unsurpassable:

The Qur'an is God's final revelation to humankind. God revealed the Torah to Moses, the Psalms to David, the Gospel to Jesus, and finally the Qur'an to Muhammad. Peace be upon all of them. No other book will come from God to surpass his final revelation.

(4) Indisputable:

The Qur'an withstands the test of time and scrutiny. No one can dispute the truth of this book. It speaks about past history and turns out right. It speaks about the future in prophecies and it turns out right. It mentions details of physical phenomena which were not known to people at the time; yet later scientific discoveries confirm that the Qur'an was right all along. Every other book needs to be revised to accord with modern knowledge. The Qur'an alone is never contradicted by a modern discovery.

(5) Your Roadmap for Life and Afterlife:

The Qur'an is the best guidebook on how to structure your life. No other book presents such a comprehensive system involving all aspects of human life and endeavor. The Qur'an also points out the way to secure everlasting happiness in the afterlife. It is your roadmap showing how to get to paradise.

(6) God's Gift of Guidance:

God has not left you alone. You were made for a reason. God tells you why he made you, what he demands from you, and what he has in store for you. If you operate a machine contrary to it's manufacture specification you will ruin that machine. What about you? Do you have an owner's manual for you? The Qur'an is from your function for success lest you fail to function. It is a healing mercy from God. It satisfies the soul, and cleans the heart. It removes doubts and brings peace.

(7) Your Calling Card to Communicate with God:

Humans are social creatures. We love to communicate with other intelligent life. The Qur'an tells us how to communicate with the source of all intelligence and the source of all life- the One God. The Qur'an tells us who God is, by what name we should address God, and the way in which to communicate with God.

Are these not seven sufficient reasons for reading the Qur'an?

By: Shabir Ali
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-15-2009, 02:50 AM
RE: 7 Reasons to Read the Glorious Qur'an
(12-15-2009 12:33 AM)Nur Wrote:  (1) Intimate:

It dares you to disprove it. How? It says that humans can not write a book like this even if they pooled all their resources together and got help also from the spirits. The Qur'an said this fourteen hundreds years ago and yet no one has been able to disprove it. Billions of books have been written - but not another one like the Qur'an.

(2) Incorruptible:

It is the only religious sacred writing which has been in circulation for such a long time and yet remains as pure as it was in the beginning. The Qur'an was kept intact. Nothing was added to it; nothing was changed in it; and nothing was taken away from it ever since it was completely revealed 1400 years ago.

(3) Unsurpassable:

The Qur'an is God's final revelation to humankind. God revealed the Torah to Moses, the Psalms to David, the Gospel to Jesus, and finally the Qur'an to Muhammad. Peace be upon all of them. No other book will come from God to surpass his final revelation.

(4) Indisputable:

The Qur'an withstands the test of time and scrutiny. No one can dispute the truth of this book. It speaks about past history and turns out right. It speaks about the future in prophecies and it turns out right. It mentions details of physical phenomena which were not known to people at the time; yet later scientific discoveries confirm that the Qur'an was right all along. Every other book needs to be revised to accord with modern knowledge. The Qur'an alone is never contradicted by a modern discovery.

(5) Your Roadmap for Life and Afterlife:

The Qur'an is the best guidebook on how to structure your life. No other book presents such a comprehensive system involving all aspects of human life and endeavor. The Qur'an also points out the way to secure everlasting happiness in the afterlife. It is your roadmap showing how to get to paradise.

(6) God's Gift of Guidance:

God has not left you alone. You were made for a reason. God tells you why he made you, what he demands from you, and what he has in store for you. If you operate a machine contrary to it's manufacture specification you will ruin that machine. What about you? Do you have an owner's manual for you? The Qur'an is from your function for success lest you fail to function. It is a healing mercy from God. It satisfies the soul, and cleans the heart. It removes doubts and brings peace.

(7) Your Calling Card to Communicate with God:

Humans are social creatures. We love to communicate with other intelligent life. The Qur'an tells us how to communicate with the source of all intelligence and the source of all life- the One God. The Qur'an tells us who God is, by what name we should address God, and the way in which to communicate with God.

Are these not seven sufficient reasons for reading the Qur'an?

By: Shabir Ali

سلام
بسیار عالی بود
ممنون از نوشته ها و دلایل خوبی که آورده اید.
اللهم صلی علی محمد و آله محمد
Hello
Was excellent
Thanks, Thanks, and good reasons to believe.
ا
12-15-2009, 01:20 PM
Incredible. Where do you get this stuff? Because other Muslims on this site have posted this exact same message. Same wording and all.

Is there a central website where you just copy and paste this crap? Or are you all the same person?

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
12-15-2009, 05:11 PM (This post was last modified: 12-15-2009 05:21 PM by ناصر آسیابانی.)
(12-15-2009 01:20 PM)GTseng3 Wrote:  Incredible. Where do you get this stuff? Because other Muslims on this site have posted this exact same message. Same wording and all.

Is there a central website where you just copy and paste this crap? Or are you all the same person?
the 7 reasons for the legitimacy of the Quran is a good reason.
Copy, paste is no problem.
You see the problem?Cool
اللهم صلی الله محمد و آله محمد
درود خداوند بر آخرین فرستاده اش حضرت محمد صلی الله علیه و آله و السلم
12-15-2009, 05:30 PM
mr;nur
Nice words
The greater meaning
Thank you very very much

{إِنَّ الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ وَعَمِلُواْ الصَّالِحَاتِ وَأَخْبَتُواْ إِلَى رَبِّهِمْ أُوْلَـئِكَ أَصْحَابُ الجَنَّةِ هُمْ فِيهَا خَالِدُونَ }
هود23
12-15-2009, 08:20 PM
Except these facts are easy to disprove.

1. Literary perfection is very much in the eye of the beholder. Some people like Shakespeare, some people like Milton. Which is better? I happen to think humans have written many books that are better written and reveal more about life than the Quran. That is my opinion. It is every bit as valid as yours, so your point one is useless.

2. Not true in the slightest. We have several books of the bible (all written prior to the Quran) that are intact and, as far as we can tell, unchanged. Also, we have many Hindu holy texts that also predate the Quran. I'm sure there are many other examples as well. This claim is simply wrong.

3. This claim is just silly. You have no evidence for it whatsoever. You have no evidence that god inspired the Quran, and you have no evidence that the Quran is god's final revelation, or that god exists. Revelation also claims that nothing shall be added or taken away, and yet you claim the Quran was added later. Mormons claim the Book of Mormon was added later. These claims are just as legitimate as yours.

4. I dispute the truth of the book. So there, I just proved you wrong. Here is someone else who proves you wrong. And here is someone else who proves you wrong. And here is someone who tackles one of the big myths Muslims tell about the Quran, the myth of predicted embryology.

5. Again, you have no evidence for this. Nor can you adequately explain why we should trust the Quran rather than the bible, or the Egyptian Book of the Dead, or any other holy text. You cannot simply claim things are true, you must back up your baseless assertions.

6. Once again, no evidence that the Quran is such a manual. Indeed, other religions claim they have the manual. There is no reason to believe the Quran rather than another religion. You have no evidence, you have no arguments, you have nothing.

7. It is an interesting thing, but communication generally needs to be two-way. Yet god never talks back to you. If he does, you're delusional. Again, every religion pretends to this, and the Quran is nothing special.

The Quran is contradictory, the Quran is inaccurate, the Quran is nothing special, and the mere fact that the bible is no better does not justify the failings of the Quran. Muhammed is only notable because his followers managed to take over a good chunk of the world. That was a military conquest, no more notable than the Roman, or Persian, or Christian conquests. Muhammed was not a prophet, he was not divine, he did not speak to god. He was a mere man, and the leader of a band of men.

And you have no evidence to the contrary. So stop continuing to copy and paste your ridiculous claims.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
12-15-2009, 11:38 PM (This post was last modified: 12-15-2009 11:39 PM by Nur.)
GTseng3

execuse me Quran is not incorrect,but Bible nowadays has 4 difirent kind bible, i wonder for which one u believe? because all bibles has a different explanations , for example one of those: in the bibles it says Jesus is the son of God, Jesus is the son of Adem, Jesus is the son of Joseph's , . there is a clear contradiction between them. so which world do u believe ??

in the Holly Qur'an u will never and ever find any contradiction between words!!!
12-16-2009, 12:04 AM
(12-15-2009 11:38 PM)Nur Wrote:  GTseng3

execuse me Quran is not incorrect,but Bible nowadays has 4 difirent kind bible, i wonder for which one u believe? because all bibles has a different explanations , for example one of those: in the bibles it says Jesus is the son of God, Jesus is the son of Adem, Jesus is the son of Joseph's , . there is a clear contradiction between them. so which world do u believe ??

in the Holly Qur'an u will never and ever find any contradiction between words!!!

Son of God - according to the Bible, Jesus was miraculously fathered by God.

Son of Adam - I have never seen that phrasing in the Bible. Paul refers to Jesus as "the new Adam", meaning that he has re-opened the (metaphorical) door that was closed by the sin of Adam.

Son of Joseph - Joseph raised Jesus as his son, even though he was not the biological father of Jesus.

No contradictions here that I can see.
12-16-2009, 12:24 AM
(12-16-2009 12:04 AM)Parousia Wrote:  
(12-15-2009 11:38 PM)Nur Wrote:  GTseng3

Son of God - according to the Bible, Jesus was miraculously fathered by God.

Son of Adam - I have never seen that phrasing in the Bible. Paul refers to Jesus as "the new Adam", meaning that he has re-opened the (metaphorical) door that was closed by the sin of Adam.

Son of Joseph - Joseph raised Jesus as his son, even though he was not the biological father of Jesus.

No contradictions here that I can see.

i see, i have a lot contradiction examples but i have to translate it to english!
12-16-2009, 12:39 AM
(12-16-2009 12:24 AM)Nur Wrote:  i see, i have a lot contradiction examples but i have to translate it to english!

I will not argue that there are no contradictions in the Bible, but the example you gave is not one of them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Some of reasons why fasting is prescribed derprinz 3 762 08-24-2009 08:42 PM
Last Post: Parousia
Exclamation Swineflu is one of the reasons why Allah has made eating pork unlawful ahmetsecer 7 1,398 05-26-2009 11:21 PM
Last Post: MerryAtheist

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)