Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2009, 10:00 PM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2009 10:00 PM by Parousia.)
So here we are at Sept. 9, 2009, 09/09/09.

This is Colonel Sanders (of KFC fame) 119th birthday, or would be if he were still alive. I remember in the late 1970s, there was a news item about the Colonel visting a KFC on his birthday and commenting that the place had really gone downhill. Big Grin

This is my grandmother's 124th birthday, or would be... That woman had some fascinating stories about old time New York told to her by her grandmother. Smile

It is also the anniversary of my getting drafted into the US Army. On 9/9/66. Tongue

999 was used most recently in the movie End of Days starring the Governator himself. The gimmick was that John, of Apocalypse fame, saw the number upside down in his vision. It was not 666 at all, it was...oh you know. Wink Combined with the thousand years from Apocalypse and you get 999 + 1000 = 1999. The devil had until Dec. 31 in that year to father a child who would be the AntiChrist.

Problems:

Jesus was almost certainly not born in 1 BC or 1 AD because Herod was already dead for several years.

The calendar in use in 999 was 11 days off from the one used in 1999.

The AntiChrist does not appear in Apocalypse (aka Revelation) despite popular belief.

And of course that old debbil, postional decimal notation, did not exist when Apocalypse was written. John would have been seeing Greek or Hebrew letters upside down.

But then what do you expect from a movie that considers naming a priest Thomas Aquinas an in-joke. Rolleyes

The 999 gag of course dates from a Saturday Night Live skit from the 1970s when concerned father Buck Henry looks over the top of the head of the 'devil child' John Belushi and reads 999 (to his relief) instead of the 666 that is really on his forehead. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2009, 11:42 PM
RE: 999
All I can say is thank Haruhi for the economic crisis. Because it was a long stretch from Y2K to 2012, and lord knows if you go too many years without an apocalypse scare of some kind people stop going to church and start thinking for themselves.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
09-09-2009, 07:19 AM
(09-08-2009 11:42 PM)GTseng3 Wrote:  All I can say is thank Haruhi for the economic crisis. Because it was a long stretch from Y2K to 2012, and lord knows if you go too many years without an apocalypse scare of some kind people stop going to church and start thinking for themselves.

Haruhi? God knows what that is. Big Grin
09-09-2009, 08:59 AM
Woo! Praise Haruhi, who brings us rock!

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
09-09-2009, 12:15 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2009 12:26 PM by Raphael.)
(09-08-2009 10:00 PM)Parousia Wrote:  The calendar in use in 999 was 11 days off from the one used in 1999.

correct me if I am wrong, I know you will. Wink

I thought in 1582 when Gregory issued the Gregorian calender, a correction of 10 days occurred?

Please note the following re: numbers.
10 day correction in 1582 = MY FAVORITE NUMBERS found on CARD X of the TAROT.
10 1582

Please note that a SuperNOVA was recorded by everybody EXCEPT Tongue the CHRISTIANs in 1054 AD.

Add the numerical gematria KEY = 528 and we come up with the year 1582.
i.e. 1054 + 528 = 1582

1258 was my firefighter badge #.
YES

Dr. Leonard Horowitz makes many CLAIMS re: frequency 528 hertz being able to heal DNA.
Dr. Len Horrorwitz has been initiated into the secret order of the Knights of Malta is another fact.

I will start a thread about the number 528 and ALL of the other Solfeggio frequencies that the Gregorian monks love to chant.

Free frequencies that the the Free/Phreemason's veil, along with the Vatican, frequencies of sound that the catholic christian monKEYs who wish to evolve spiritually are totally oblivious too.

namaste

NATURE cannot be HIDDEN only VEILeD with NARRATIVES that defy NATURE

CodeX4 and the Reconciliation of Science and Religion
http://kachina2012.wordpress.com/about/
09-09-2009, 03:21 PM
(09-09-2009 12:15 PM)Raphael Wrote:  
(09-08-2009 10:00 PM)Parousia Wrote:  The calendar in use in 999 was 11 days off from the one used in 1999.

correct me if I am wrong, I know you will. Wink

I thought in 1582 when Gregory issued the Gregorian calender, a correction of 10 days occurred?

It was indeed a correction of 10 days being deleted from the calendar in 1582. However the discrepancy between Julian and Gregorian calendars has continued to grow due to differences in the leap year rule.

I said 11 because I was remembering Isaac Asimov's tongue in cheek 'complaint' about his missing 11 days. He was born before Russia finally adopted the Gregorian calendar in its entirety in 1918. Because of various intervening complexities it was an 11 day difference at that time.

But in fact the current difference is 13 days (not 11), because the years 1700, 1800 and 1900 were not leap years in the Gregorian system. However 2000 was.

I do not know what part of the world the year 999 of End of Days purported to refer to. It matters because the year did not start on January 1 everywhere. In some places the legal year started on the old vernal equinox date of March 25 even into historical times, with 'short years' at the transition to further screw up year calculations. Back in Roman times, the year started on March 1 so this may be the proper base to be used for the inverted vision ascribed to John in the movie. Rolleyes

Go here for more than you ever wanted to know Big Grin about the Gregorian Calendar. Tongue
09-09-2009, 03:32 PM
And there is evidence that Christians in Ireland recorded the 1054 supernova, but because they were, lets face it, Christians in the dark ages, they messed up the recording and it became something of an apocalyptic allegory.

09-09-2009, 07:18 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2009 07:18 PM by Parousia.)
(09-09-2009 03:32 PM)GTseng3 Wrote:  And there is evidence that Christians in Ireland recorded the 1054 supernova, but because they were, lets face it, Christians in the dark ages, they messed up the recording and it became something of an apocalyptic allegory.

Quote:It has also been claimed that an obscure entry in a number of Irish monastic annals originally referred to SN 1054 but was subsequently corrupted, becoming in the process an allegorical fantasy based on the legend of the Antichrist.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SN_1054

Big Grin
09-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Yes, thank you for the reference, Parousia Smile

09-10-2009, 05:22 PM
(09-09-2009 07:18 PM)Parousia Wrote:  And there is evidence that Christians in Ireland recorded the 1054 supernova, but because they were, lets face it, Christians in the dark ages, they messed up the recording and it became something of an apocalyptic allegory.

Quote:SN 1054 (Crab Supernova) was a supernova that was widely seen on Earth in the year 1054. It was recorded by Chinese, Japanese, and Persian/Arab astronomers as being bright enough to see in daylight for 23 days and was visible in the night sky for 653 days.

Visible in the night sky for 653 days?
Christians didn't like looking up at the night sky and making any conclusions.
What did the church do however in 1054?

Quote:The East–West Schism, or the Great Schism, divided medieval Christendom into Eastern (Greek) and Western (Latin) branches, which later became known as the Eastern Orthodox Church and the Roman Catholic Church, respectively. Relations between East and West had long been embittered by political and ecclesiastical differences and theological disputes.[1] Pope Leo IX and Patriarch of Constantinople Michael Cerularius heightened the conflict by suppressing Greek and Latin in their respective domains. In 1054, Roman legates travelled to Cerularius to deny him the title Ecumenical Patriarch and to insist that he recognize the Church of Rome's claim to be the head and mother of the churches.[1] Cerularius refused. The leader of the Latin contingent, Cardinal Humbert, excommunicated Cerularius, while Cerularius in return excommunicated Cardinal Humbert and other legates.[1]

Persians noticed SN1054...nearly everybody did in the world, however the event coincided with the church dividing?

Persians also observed the 4 Royal Stars...while the Christians were being fed stories regarding the 4 Gospels as representing a literal truth.

4 ROYAL Stars that were observed in each of the 4 zodiac signs we find on CARD X of the Tarot.
Again my favorite numbers come into play.

11 Aquarius or St. Matthew
2 Taurus or St. Luke
5 Leo or St. Mark
8 Scorpio St. John

[Image: 4RoyalStarsGalacticCross2-1.jpg][Image: 4RoyalStarsGoldenSpiral300px.jpg]

#1 is FOMALHAUT in Aquarius
#2 is ALDEBARAN in Taurus
#3 is REGULUS in Leo
#4 is ANTARES in Scorpio

And when plotted in the heavens...these 4 Royal Stars form a phi golden spiral.

namaste

NATURE cannot be HIDDEN only VEILeD with NARRATIVES that defy NATURE

CodeX4 and the Reconciliation of Science and Religion
http://kachina2012.wordpress.com/about/

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)