Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A New, paradigm, a new culture of learning and growth in the Baha'i Community
08-03-2009, 01:01 AM
A New, paradigm, a new culture of learning and growth in the Baha'i Community
I posted an introduction to the paradigmatic shift in the Baha'i community, the new culture of learning and growth that is at the heart of this paradigm, 18 to 24 months ago. I did this posting at several internet sites. It seemed like a good idea to give readers some specific steps on how to access this now revised article/essay at Baha’i Library Online(BLO).

In that two year period there have been many thousand views of my article at the few sites where it is posted. The steps to access my article are simple: (i) type Baha’i Library Online or Baha’i Academics Resource Library into your search engine; (ii) click on the small box “By author” at the top of the access page at BLO; (iii) type “Price” into the small box that then appears and click on the word “Go;” and then (iv) scroll down to article/document item #46 and (v) click on that item and read to your heart’s content. When your eyes and your mind start to glaze over, stop reading. The article can be downloaded free and you will then have access to a revised article, a 140 page, 66,000 word context for all this new paradigmatic terminology that has come into the Baha’i community in the last 13 years.

The statement is a personal one, does not assume an adversarial attitude, attempts to give birth of as fine an etiquette of expression as I can muster and, I like to think, possesses both candor and critical thought. I invite readers to what I also like to think is “a context on which relevant fundamental questions” regarding this new paradigm may be discussed within the Baha’i community. It is also my intention to update this article in the months and years ahead. One of the advantages of the BLO site is the freedom it gives to a writer to update the article at the site.-Ron Price, George Town, Tasmania

Married for 42 years, a teacher for 35 and a Baha'i for 50Cool
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2009, 10:04 AM
RE: A New, paradigm, a new culture of learning and growth in the Baha'i Community
(08-03-2009 01:01 AM)RonPrice Wrote:  The steps to access my article are simple: (i) type Baha’i Library Online or Baha’i Academics Resource Library into your search engine; (ii) click on the small box “By author” at the top of the access page at BLO; (iii) type “Price” into the small box that then appears and click on the word “Go;” and then (iv) scroll down to article/document item #46 and (v) click on that item and read to your heart’s content.

Or you can just click on this.

http://bahai-library.com/file.php?file=p...&language=

This article contains interesting mateial from Irving Janis about Groupthink. For example, here is how to recognize Groupthink:

1. Illusions of invulnerability creating excessive optimism and encouraging risk taking.
2. Rationalising warnings that might challenge the group's assumptions.
3. Unquestioned belief in the morality of the group, causing members to ignore the consequences of their actions.
4. Stereotyping those who are opposed to the group as weak, evil, biased, spiteful, disfigured, impotent, or stupid.
5. Direct pressure to conform placed on any member who questions the group, couched in terms of "disloyalty".
6. Self-censorship of ideas that deviate from the apparent group consensus.
7. Illusions of unanimity among group members, silence is viewed as agreement.
8. Mindguards: these are self-appointed members who shield the group from dissenting information.

Most of it sounds like the Catholic Church I grew up in. Rolleyes
Find all posts by this user
08-03-2009, 07:14 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2009 07:19 PM by RonPrice.)
RE: A New, paradigm, a new culture of learning and growth in the Baha'i Community
(08-03-2009 10:04 AM)Parousia Wrote:  
(08-03-2009 01:01 AM)RonPrice Wrote:  The steps to access my article are simple: (i) type Baha’i Library Online or Baha’i Academics Resource Library into your search engine; (ii) click on the small box “By author” at the top of the access page at BLO; (iii) type “Price” into the small box that then appears and click on the word “Go;” and then (iv) scroll down to article/document item #46 and (v) click on that item and read to your heart’s content.
---------------------
Thanks, Parousia...yes, Dr. Irving Janis is excellent, very fine indeed. I appreciated your post and its content.-Ron

Or you can just click on this.

http://bahai-library.com/file.php?file=p...&language=

This article contains interesting mateial from Irving Janis about Groupthink. For example, here is how to recognize Groupthink:

1. Illusions of invulnerability creating excessive optimism and encouraging risk taking.
2. Rationalising warnings that might challenge the group's assumptions.
3. Unquestioned belief in the morality of the group, causing members to ignore the consequences of their actions.
4. Stereotyping those who are opposed to the group as weak, evil, biased, spiteful, disfigured, impotent, or stupid.
5. Direct pressure to conform placed on any member who questions the group, couched in terms of "disloyalty".
6. Self-censorship of ideas that deviate from the apparent group consensus.
7. Illusions of unanimity among group members, silence is viewed as agreement.
8. Mindguards: these are self-appointed members who shield the group from dissenting information.

Most of it sounds like the Catholic Church I grew up in. Rolleyes

thanks Parousia...I really like Dr. Janis.-Ron

Married for 42 years, a teacher for 35 and a Baha'i for 50Cool
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Pedophile Culture PopeADope 78 2,822 08-27-2016 04:40 PM
Last Post: Avun Jahei
  Can religion be separated from culture/ethnicity? Radical 76 8,423 07-20-2016 02:01 PM
Last Post: shiverleaf15
  Organic Church Growth Bling 7 529 05-22-2014 06:26 PM
Last Post: Bling
  The Bahá'í Faith Bahai 62 6,176 07-13-2013 12:22 PM
Last Post: arthra
  An excerpt from the Baha'i ImmortalPhoenix 1 959 03-16-2013 12:04 AM
Last Post: arthra
  The media's influence on todays culture Orion26 3 748 02-04-2013 06:18 AM
Last Post: trevor
  Attitude towards 'work' in Islam, Baha'i, Christianity and Judaism? Aum 7 1,629 12-08-2012 11:11 PM
Last Post: rosends
  Paradigm Inception Satyros 6 1,103 05-30-2012 04:57 AM
Last Post: Satyros
  Religion and Pop Culture Aingeal 10 1,608 12-13-2010 05:48 PM
Last Post: biomystic
  Lack of community outreach? andreau0101 2 526 09-25-2010 05:30 AM
Last Post: amanda34

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)