Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A Prayer for the Stressed
09-11-2017, 04:37 AM
A Prayer for the Stressed
I was sent this 'Prayer for the stressed' this morning by an Anglican Priest friend of my eldest daughter who is also an Anglican Priest, it made me laugh, as was intended.Big Grin

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I can't change
The courage to change the things I cannot accept
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill today because they got on my nerves
Help me to be careful of the toes I step on today as they may be connected to the feet I have to kiss tomorrow
Help me to give 100% at work 12% on Monday, 23% on Tuesday 40% on Wednesday 20% on Thursday 5% on Friday
And help me to remember when I'm having a bad day... and it seems that people are trying to wind me up,
It takes only 42 muscles to frown, 28 to smile
And only 4 to extend my arm and whack them one.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-21-2017, 07:51 PM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2017 10:16 AM by Visqueen.)
RE: A Prayer for the Stressed
First of all, thank you for sharing that - even though it made you laugh, I think there's some value in it, in an indirect sort of way. It's way easy to be hostile in today's world, especially when God comes up. Second, though I don't pretend to have all the answers, I myself have been in a similar place in my own life, and I want to help people with their faith in all sorts of ways.

*edit - content deleted
09-21-2017, 08:31 PM
RE: A Prayer for the Stressed
(09-11-2017 04:37 AM)Goldenrain Wrote:  I was sent this 'Prayer for the stressed' this morning by an Anglican Priest friend of my eldest daughter who is also an Anglican Priest, it made me laugh, as was intended.Big Grin

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I can't change
The courage to change the things I cannot accept
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill today because they got on my nerves
Help me to be careful of the toes I step on today as they may be connected to the feet I have to kiss tomorrow
Help me to give 100% at work 12% on Monday, 23% on Tuesday 40% on Wednesday 20% on Thursday 5% on Friday
And help me to remember when I'm having a bad day... and it seems that people are trying to wind me up,
It takes only 42 muscles to frown, 28 to smile
And only 4 to extend my arm and whack them one.

The first line is Stoicism? Seneca?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)