Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A case of stolen identity
02-10-2010, 07:07 AM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2010 07:09 AM by Ahmadi.)
A case of stolen identity
I just did a quick electronic search in the Bible at the following site:

http://www.biblegateway.com/

The basic words, Trinity, Original sin, Limbo, Bible, and even Christianity do not exist in the Bible.

Is it a case of stolen identity? Was Christianity supposed to be Judaism, and the Bible meant to represent that? Perhaps that is why 2/3rd of the Bible is the Old Testament!

Let us call FBI!

I am second coming of Thomas Paine. If you are a Christian, have you read Age of Reason?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2010, 07:15 AM
RE: A case of stolen identity
(02-10-2010 07:07 AM)Ahmadi Wrote:  I just did a quick electronic search in the Bible at the following site:

The basic words, Trinity, Original sin, Limbo, Bible, and even Christianity do not exist in the Bible.

Is it a case of stolen identity? Was Christianity supposed to be Judaism, and the Bible meant to represent that? Perhaps that is why 2/3rd of the Bible is the Old Testament!

Let us call FBI!

your getting funnier every post Ahmadi, do the 72 virgins appear in your bible oops quran and if not where do the al aqsa martyrs and other muslims get it from?
02-10-2010, 07:36 AM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2010 07:38 AM by Ahmadi.)
(02-10-2010 07:15 AM)minus459 Wrote:  your getting funnier every post Ahmadi, do the 72 virgins appear in your bible oops quran ...

I will take it as a compliment in disguise!

The seventy two virgins are neither in the Bible nor in the Quran, these are only in your imagination. Now, please, stick to the topic of the thread, start a separate one for the virgins if you are so obsessed with them.

I am second coming of Thomas Paine. If you are a Christian, have you read Age of Reason?
02-10-2010, 07:38 AM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2010 07:39 AM by Parousia.)
(02-10-2010 07:07 AM)Ahmadi Wrote:  I just did a quick electronic search in the Bible at the following site:

Let us call FBI!

The obsession with literal inerrant sola scriptura is a Protestant thing. Two thirds of Christians are some flavor of Catholic. That means tradition and teaching magisterium count as well. If a theologian figures something out from reading the Bible and considering tradition, it is admissible if it stands up to peer review. It only has to be internally consistent within that domain and not blatantly inconsistent with the real world. A couple thousand years of Catholic theologians can explain anything. Big Grin
02-10-2010, 07:40 AM
Oh not obsessed, just a common misconception that infidels have about the quran apparently.
80000 servants? I may be wrong but both concepts come from a Hadith? So perhaps no-one can find them in the quran?
02-10-2010, 08:32 AM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2010 08:33 AM by Ahmadi.)
(02-10-2010 07:38 AM)Parousia Wrote:  The obsession with literal inerrant sola scriptura is a Protestant thing. Two thirds of Christians are some flavor of Catholic. That means tradition and teaching magisterium count as well. If a theologian figures something out from reading the Bible and considering tradition, it is admissible if it stands up to peer review. It only has to be internally consistent within that domain and not blatantly inconsistent with the real world. A couple thousand years of Catholic theologians can explain anything. Big Grin

Of course, it is a bigger problem for the Protestants. But, put on your agnostic hat and see that God is giving a universal message, a religion to the humanity for all times to come and does not define the basic stuff and thousands of theologian have to figure that out. Look at the concept of Trinity it takes 450 years, 4 Ecumenical conferences and 125 years after Nicaea to arrive in its current form. Is it God giving a religion or humans making a mythology over decades and centuries?

In contrast to that take the case of the Holy Quran. It says that the God is one, not in one but scores of verses. Additionally, it is said that indirectly it is mentioned in one third of the Holy Quran. The book itself brings out the terms, Muslim, Islam, Quran, hereafter and defines them. The prophethood of Muhammad, may peace be upon him is described in scores of verses. The fact that hell is not eternal, as the punishment of finite crimes cannot be infinite is also mentioned. Now that is called a religion and the word of God!

02-10-2010, 08:45 AM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2010 09:02 AM by minus459.)
Are you saying that some christians believe things that are not written in the bible? I should hope not, because as we all know that doesn't happen in Islam. Just look at stoning and lashing rape victims, and suicide bombers. The beliefs taken outside the quran are much more beneficial to the human race than Limbo for instance. It definitely justifies the belief in the quran as opposed to the bible.
You see, if you wish to denigrate some of the beliefs of some christians that can't be found in the bible, such as Limbo. Then you must denigrate the beliefs of some muslims that can't be found in the quran, like stoning, lashing and jailing RAPE VICTIMS. The operative word is VICTIM as is the case with Limbo except that Limbo is not a punishment. So perhaps Islam is not as benevolent as you profess.
02-10-2010, 09:05 AM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2010 09:07 AM by Parousia.)
(02-10-2010 08:45 AM)minus459 Wrote:  Are you saying that some christians believe things that are not written in the bible? I should hope not, because as we all know that doesn't happen in Islam. Just look at stoning and lashing rape victims, and suicide bombers. The beliefs taken outside the quran are much more beneficial to the human race than Limbo for instance. It definitely justifies the belief in the quran as opposed to the bible.

Virtually all Christians believe things that are not in the Bible. For example the Trinity is not described in the Bible, only sort of hinted at. Yet the great majority of Christians subscribe to the detailed description of the Trinity agreed on at the Council of Constantinople.

And get that tongue out of your cheek before it gets stuck there.
02-10-2010, 09:17 AM
Granted Parousia, and you are well aware of the sarcasm that I am using as a device to try to engage Ahmadi in a discussion that naturally flows from his original position. In my opinion it is at best disingenuous to attack exbiblical beliefs without recognising exquran beliefs and comparing their impact on the human population. (if exbiblical and exquran are not words I just made 'em up)
02-10-2010, 09:30 AM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2010 12:04 PM by Ahmadi.)
Stoning the adulterers is mentioned in the Bible only and not in the Quran. I have said else where that I am not an apologist for all Muslims or all that goes in the name of Islam. I am an apologist for the Holy Prophet Muhammad and the Holy Quran, as Ahmadiyya Muslim Community understands it and interprets it.

I completely condemn taking of any innocent life. Because, as soon as some one does that or participates in the process and rationalizes it in whatever fashion, it takes away humanity from him and reduces him to the level of animals, human life is not sacred any more. The Holy Quran equates the killing of an innocent person with genocide or a holocaust. The Holy Quran says:

"We prescribed for the children of Israel that whosoever killed a person — unless it be for killing a person or for creating disorder in the land — it shall be as if he had killed all mankind; and whoso gave life to one, it shall be as if he had given life to all mankind." (Al Quran 5:33)

Additionally, I do not want to and am not denigrating any religion; I am just politely demystifying some dogmas for the benefit of all involved.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)