Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A couple things
02-08-2009, 05:10 AM
A couple things
First, a suggestion regarding the Christianity subforums: The current set seems a bit all over the board, and are somewhat empty at the moment. What do you think of the following set:

Apostolic
Protestant
Unorthodox

Just a thought. It should cover everyone, and might be more efficient/concise (and wouldn't require expansion later on).

Second, a question about the site rules: What are the regulations regarding spam? In fact, where are the terms of use? Its been so long since I signed up I can't remember where/what they are.

Cheers!

If you should see evident sins or defects, draw out of those thorns the rose; perceiving, moreover, that such apparent sinners may frequently have a good intention, for no one can judge the secrets of the heart of man.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2009, 03:38 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2009 03:39 PM by God Rocks.)
RE: A couple things
Thanks for the suggestions. I personally think that having subforms that refer to specific denominations would make it easier for discussion since making them too general would result in many religions with differing ideas having to share one subforum. Many of them are fairly empty right now but as the group grows that should change. It is kind of random at the moment but I can add subforms for more denominations as needed. I suppose another option would be to create the broad categories like you have suggested and then create subforums under these for more specific denominations. I guess they would be sub-subforums. Smile

Does anyone else have opinions on how this should be organized?

About the spam rules. You can see them by reading the "Introduction and Rules" thread at the top of all the forums. Basically you can have a link in your signature or post a link if it is on topic but you can't post just for adverting purposes. It's usually pretty obvious when these rules are being broken because someone will make multiple posts with the same link, or make a lot of small pointless posts just so they can use their signature, or they will use obvious sales talk, etc.

His and Your Humble Servant
RF's Sponsors
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-08-2009, 08:43 PM
(02-08-2009 03:38 PM)God Rocks Wrote:  Thanks for the suggestions. I personally think that having subforms that refer to specific denominations would make it easier for discussion since making them too general would result in many religions with differing ideas having to share one subforum. Many of them are fairly empty right now but as the group grows that should change. It is kind of random at the moment but I can add subforms for more denominations as needed. I suppose another option would be to create the broad categories like you have suggested and then create subforums under these for more specific denominations. I guess they would be sub-subforums. Smile

That seems like it would work well to me. That way, there'd still be places for the larger groups to fellowship, becasue there's often a lot that they have in common that might not necessarily fit in the general Christianity forum. For example: Catholic and Orthodox persons might be interested in talking about mariology or hagiography together, so the Apostolic forum would be great for that. And sub-subforums would still provide a place for normal specific discussion.

Quote:About the spam rules. You can see them by reading the "Introduction and Rules" thread at the top of all the forums. Basically you can have a link in your signature or post a link if it is on topic but you can't post just for adverting purposes. It's usually pretty obvious when these rules are being broken because someone will make multiple posts with the same link, or make a lot of small pointless posts just so they can use their signature, or they will use obvious sales talk, etc.

What about spam thats more in the vein of "pointless posts" rather than "advertisements"? Although, I know thats kind of subjective, so its hard to make regulations about it, but I was just wondering what your thoughts were.

If you should see evident sins or defects, draw out of those thorns the rose; perceiving, moreover, that such apparent sinners may frequently have a good intention, for no one can judge the secrets of the heart of man.
02-12-2009, 07:23 PM
(02-08-2009 08:43 PM)Annolennar Wrote:  What about spam thats more in the vein of "pointless posts" rather than "advertisements"? Although, I know thats kind of subjective, so its hard to make regulations about it, but I was just wondering what your thoughts were.

That would fall under another category. In the warning system, it would be under:
Off Topic/Pointless/Illegible Post = 5 Points (Expires after 3 months)
Posts which are totally off topic, completely pointless, or contain so many typos and other errors it is difficult to read.

I agree that it can be rather subjective which can make it difficult to apply sometimes so it's usually not heavily enforced. Do feel free to report any posts you think might deserve a warning though because I may not notice it otherwise. I can then take a look at it to see if something should be done.

RF's Sponsors
04-16-2009, 09:20 AM
Oi! I meant to click Reply and accidentally hit Ignore instead. Is there a way to undo that?

05-21-2009, 02:47 PM
(04-16-2009 09:20 AM)Annolennar Wrote:  Oi! I meant to click Reply and accidentally hit Ignore instead. Is there a way to undo that?

Sorry, way late reply but try going to your user panel (the place you check your pms). There should be a Buddy/Ignore List you can go to and edit.

RF's Sponsors
05-29-2009, 05:28 PM
(02-08-2009 05:10 AM)Annolennar Wrote:  ...a suggestion regarding the Christianity subforums: The current set seems a bit all over the board, and are somewhat empty at the moment. What do you think of the following set:

Apostolic
Protestant
Unorthodox

Just a thought. It should cover everyone, and might be more efficient/concise (and wouldn't require expansion later on)...

Not sure everyone would agree on that terminology. "Catholic," "Orthodox," "Protestant," and "Other" would be less likely to offend anyone (Protestants certainly don't think of themselves as non-Apostolic, for instance--and who really embraces the term "Unorthodox"?).

However, I personally enjoy dealing with Catholic, Orthodox, and Protestant thinkers, and would really prefer to have a combined "Christian" category and eliminate the subcategories.

http://www.biblicaltraining.org/ --- http://www.ntwrightpage.com/

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)