Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A new path?
09-08-2009, 02:25 PM
A new path?
Hello folks,

Just a quick message to introduce myself and a brief note as to why I find myself here. I suppose I'm here looking for a few answers that I have been asking myself over the last few years. I'm not expecting anyone to give me those answers as this is a personal journey but I hope to discover a few things along the way and exchange some ideas with others on the forum.

Kind Regards
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2009, 03:17 PM
RE: A new path?
Well, I'm not sure if we have answers, but many of us are on our own journeys, and maybe we can help you along the way.

Welcome to the forums.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
09-08-2009, 03:58 PM
Less Journey. More Supertramp.

---------------
Not selling anything.
09-08-2009, 06:00 PM
Welcome. I am new myself.

Passionately Sharing Jesus at http://www.apperson.blogspot.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-08-2009, 07:10 PM
You'd take Supertramp over Journey? Blasphemy.

Though I'd give you Queen or Bowie.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
09-08-2009, 09:10 PM
Had a girlfriend who LOOOOOOOOVED Journey. She was a bit of a freak. I never recovered.

I still listen to [i]Breakfast In America[i] regularly.

And nothing, I say again, NOTHING touches The Floyd.

---------------
Not selling anything.
09-08-2009, 11:43 PM
I dunno. It might have something to do with not growing up in the 70s, but I just don't care that much for Pink Floyd. Oh, they're good, but we're not talking Stones, Journey, or Bowie good.

I'd give props to the Who, though.

09-09-2009, 09:28 PM
(09-08-2009 11:43 PM)GTseng3 Wrote:  I dunno. It might have something to do with not growing up in the 70s, but I just don't care that much for Pink Floyd. Oh, they're good, but we're not talking Stones, Journey, or Bowie good.

I'd give props to the Who, though.

There's Stones and there's Stones. To my mind, the litmus test on what kind of Stones fan a person is lies in this question. Which is the best album of these three: High Tide and Green Grass, Let it Bleed or Exile on Main Street? (Let It Bleed for me, please.)
09-09-2009, 09:43 PM
Let it Bleed for me. Though I'll take Bowie, Queen, and Journey over them. The thing that makes the Stones great, for me at least, isn't so much their music (though that is spectacular,) but listening to the Stones has taken on almost a symbolic nature in this country. If you're cruising down the highway and you really, really need to rock out, it's the Stones. When Gimme Shelter plays, then you must rock. This is as much because of shared culture as it is because Gimme Shelter is a great song.

So I'm a huge Stones fan, but I listen to other bands in private, if that makes any sense.

09-09-2009, 09:49 PM
The Stones are a great band for blues-influenced rock and roll. Nobody does that better. Alas, their best stuff is far behind them, I think (Let it Bleed... oh, yeah!).

That said, I'm a bigger Beatles fan, and always will be.

---------------
Not selling anything.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)