Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A "religion/life philosophy for atheists?
03-21-2017, 05:23 AM (This post was last modified: 03-21-2017 05:10 PM by Visqueen.)
A "religion/life philosophy for atheists?
No specific religion agrees with science.. we all know this.. but everyone needs to believe in something, which is why I believe Joutenism is the right approach. It answers alot of scientific questions and gives some sense of meaning in an otherwise chaotic universe.

*edit link deleted
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-21-2017, 04:06 PM
RE: A "religion/life philosophy for atheists?
Everybody doesn't need to believe in 'something'.

I'm pretty satisfied with saying "I don't know how the universe originated"
03-22-2017, 11:38 AM
Joutenism is a prank religion, (there is Jötunn, a giant in Norse mythology but I don't think he was a deity) - viz this explanation from the only site I can see devoted to it:

Quote:Hi my name is Brent Thornton and I am the proud creator of this fine religion. You might be asking yourself "what the [censored] is Joutenism and what the [censored] am I looking at" well allow me to explain. See a few years back I was fed up with religion in general. Christianity is the main source of my rage namely Fred Phelps. For those of you who don't know who Fred Phelps is he was responsible for picketing a military funeral because the man that they were putting in the earth was gay. And he created the god hates fags campaign. Well my future brothers and sisters Jouten doesn’t hate fags he accepts them with open arms as shelter from hate filled Christians. Christianity has a dubious quality but rather some value. Take Martin Luther King for example. He brought together whites and blacks and helped end segregation and got black people there civil rights

So I thought to myself what I think a god should be. So I created basically my own personal god I created him gave him his name and boom Joutenism is born

Now you must be asking yourself “what do Joutenists believe?" simple we believe were the god's of our own universe. we say what we want, do what we want and say [censored] you to all people who tell us "no you can't do that" basically its the practice of not giving a [censored] [censored]. Now you must be thinking "this is crazy" well intended reader it’s not crazy its actually simple as it sounds.

Lets go back to Christianity what does Christianity have? Sins. Sins that condemn you for the slightest infraction. You know what Joutenism doesn’t have? that’s right sins see we don't tell you what you can or can't do you can take a piss on the door step of the white house and we wouldn't care (however I think the men in the nice suits might throw you in federal prison if you want to take that risk go right ahead) that’s the beauty about it you have a whole lot more freedom then any other religion..
03-22-2017, 02:15 PM (This post was last modified: 03-23-2017 10:05 AM by Herminator.)
(03-22-2017 11:38 AM)FilmFlaneur Wrote:  Joutenism is a prank religion, (there is Jötunn, a giant in Norse mythology but I don't think he was a deity) - viz this explanation from the only site I can see devoted to it:

Weird.... according to the guy spamming the forum with posts, his website is elsewhere, see his blog for the link:

http://www.religionforums.org/Thread-For...or-meaning

Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it
03-23-2017, 09:53 AM (This post was last modified: 03-23-2017 09:53 AM by FilmFlaneur.)
Given that Joutenism's central premise is that there is no sin and so we can all do what we want, it appears that selfish hedonism has a new name (and a pretend philosophy).
03-23-2017, 10:06 AM
(03-23-2017 09:53 AM)FilmFlaneur Wrote:  Given that Joutenism's central premise is that there is no sin and so we can all do what we want, it appears that selfish hedonism has a new name (and a pretend philosophy).

I think there's two "Joutenisms"... see my previous post!

03-23-2017, 10:53 AM (This post was last modified: 03-23-2017 10:57 AM by FilmFlaneur.)
(03-23-2017 10:06 AM)Herminator Wrote:  
(03-23-2017 09:53 AM)FilmFlaneur Wrote:  Given that Joutenism's central premise is that there is no sin and so we can all do what we want, it appears that selfish hedonism has a new name (and a pretend philosophy).

Thanks for the link but I am not really any the wiser as to what Joutenism actually is except that it is a call to individualism perhaps based on subjective empircism, a

"... life philosophy came to as a conclusion based on the available evidence. Ultimately each person must come to their own conclusion. That is the core belief of Jouten.."

Oddlyenough this chimes with the earlier guy with his version in that in both cases one is expected to make free decisions on one's own behalf. I am not sure if this means one is advised to ignore experts or authority in doing so.
03-23-2017, 01:58 PM
(03-23-2017 10:53 AM)FilmFlaneur Wrote:  
(03-23-2017 10:06 AM)Herminator Wrote:  

Thanks for the link but I am not really any the wiser as to what Joutenism actually is except that it is a call to individualism perhaps based on subjective empircism, a

"... life philosophy came to as a conclusion based on the available evidence. Ultimately each person must come to their own conclusion. That is the core belief of Jouten.."

Oddly enough this chimes with the earlier guy with his version in that in both cases one is expected to make free decisions on one's own behalf. I am not sure if this means one is advised to ignore experts or authority in doing so.

Yes, both seem to be based on unsubstantiated opinions...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - kon0 6 683 02-13-2015 01:10 AM
Last Post: The_Squid

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)