Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
According to Christianism, we all deserve Hell
07-02-2017, 01:05 AM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2017 01:08 AM by sonofason.)
RE: According to Christianism, we all deserve Hell
(06-23-2017 10:33 AM)Caesar Saladin Wrote:  So if Jesus 'died for our sins' shouldn't that Original Sin have been taken care of as well? I mean, that's the whole point, isn't it?

And did he 'die' for ALL Man's sins, or just a select few who 'believe in him' in a John 3:16-ish sort of way?

He only died for the sins of those who believe in Him. Perhaps you should consider the entire verse of John 3:16 which states:
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

And then there is of course John 3:18 which states:
"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

Clearly Jesus did not die for the sins of those who do not believe in Him. Therefore, He did not die for "ALL Man's sins". And He did die for the sins of a select few, namely those who do believe in Him.

Therefore, if such a thing as original sin exists, it is still in play.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2017, 10:41 AM
(07-02-2017 01:05 AM)sonofason Wrote:  
(06-23-2017 10:33 AM)Caesar Saladin Wrote:  So if Jesus 'died for our sins' shouldn't that Original Sin have been taken care of as well? I mean, that's the whole point, isn't it?

And did he 'die' for ALL Man's sins, or just a select few who 'believe in him' in a John 3:16-ish sort of way?

He only died for the sins of those who believe in Him. Perhaps you should consider the entire verse of John 3:16 which states:
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

Clearly Jesus did not die for the sins of those who do not believe in Him. Therefore, He did not die for "ALL Man's sins". And He did die for the sins of a select few, namely those who do believe in Him.

Deuteronomy 24:16. "The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin". Nobody can die for your sin except yourself. Your belief strengthens the wicked in their wickedness by promising them life. Ezekiel 13:22.
07-02-2017, 11:58 AM
(07-02-2017 10:41 AM)susanblange Wrote:  
(07-02-2017 01:05 AM)sonofason Wrote:  

Deuteronomy 24:16. "The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin". Nobody can die for your sin except yourself. Your belief strengthens the wicked in their wickedness by promising them life. Ezekiel 13:22.

My belief does no such thing. What I have said is 100% Biblical.
In 1 Corinthians 15, Paul writes:
"For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;"

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)