Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Adam
02-25-2010, 10:31 AM
Adam
If Adam had not sinned, would he eventually have gone to heaven?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2010, 11:55 AM
RE: Adam
(02-25-2010 10:31 AM)jwitness Wrote:  If Adam had not sinned, would he eventually have gone to heaven?

no he would have carried on living in a paradise earth ,
02-25-2010, 12:06 PM
(02-25-2010 11:55 AM)may Wrote:  
(02-25-2010 10:31 AM)jwitness Wrote:  If Adam had not sinned, would he eventually have gone to heaven?

no he would have carried on living in a paradise earth ,

That is also the Catholic teaching. There is even an implication that the sin of Adam was a happy event because it brought about the possibility of acheiving a heavenly paradise. Rolleyes
02-25-2010, 12:16 PM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2010 12:17 PM by clarence clutterbuck.)
Another interesting related question is, if Adam had not sinned and created a state of separation between Man and God, would God have let the world population increase to its current level with all the accompanying scientific and technological advance necessary to sustain it, or would he have sterilised everyone after a certain desired population size had been reached, in order to preserve an unspoilt Garden of Eden style environment?
02-25-2010, 12:20 PM
Or would God have allowed people from Birmingham, Mass to be called charlotte?
I can see that would be an evolutionary problem... as Charlotte is certainly a sinful name.
Maybe if Adam hadn't sinned God would have given him some candy and not removed him from eden. Afterall then, if eve had not talked to the serpent, perhaps adam could have talked to a talking hippo? Maybe there were talking hippos in eden?

We simply dont know, but tis fun to suppose...maybe technology can return us to eden, we can build a new car that can drive to eden.... we too can talk to snakes and buy new cars.

The future is bright, the possibilities ae endless.

I love you

It is I who am you, it is you who are me. wherever you are,I am there. I am sown in all; you collect me from wherever you wish. And when you collect me, it is your own self that you collect.
02-25-2010, 12:24 PM
(02-25-2010 12:16 PM)clarence clutterbuck Wrote:  Another interesting related question is, if Adam had not sinned and created a state of separation between Man and God, would God have let the world population increase to its current level with all the accompanying scientific and technological advance necessary to sustain it, or would he have sterilised everyone after a certain desired population size had been reached, in order to preserve an unspoilt Garden of Eden style environment?

Which leads to yet another interesting question: What about aliens?

Quote:Asked is he sees a contradiction between the Catholic faith and believing in aliens, he said, "I think there isn't (a contradiction). Just as there is a multiplicity of creatures over the earth, so there could be other beings, even intelligent (beings), created by God. This is not in contradiction with our faith, because we cannot establish limits to God's creative freedom. To say it with St. Francis, if we can consider some earthly creatures as 'brothers' or 'sisters', why could we not speak of a 'brother alien'? He would also belong to the creation."

Fr. Funes says that taking the image of the lost sheep in the Gospel, "we could think that in this universe there can be 100 sheep, equivalent to different kinds of creatures. We, belonging to human kind could be precisely the lost sheep, the sinners that need the shepherd. God became man in Jesus to save us. In that way, assuming that there would be other intelligent beings, we could not say that they need redemption . They could have remained in full friendship with the Creator."

"But if they were sinners?" L'Osservatore's journalist asks.

"Jesus became man once and for all. The Incarnation is a single and unique event. So I am sure that also they, in some way, would have the chance to enjoy God's mercy, just as it has happened with us human beings."

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/b...omer_says/
02-25-2010, 01:03 PM
(02-25-2010 12:16 PM)clarence clutterbuck Wrote:  ...would God have let the world population increase to its current level with all the accompanying scientific and technological advance necessary to sustain it, or would he have sterilised everyone after a certain desired population size had been reached...

Why would God need to sterilize anyone? God already has the ability to control the number of conceptions that occur.

Besides, aren't there other planets in the universe that could be made hospitable to human life?

http://www.biblicaltraining.org/ --- http://www.ntwrightpage.com/
02-25-2010, 01:56 PM
(02-25-2010 01:03 PM)Stereophonic Wrote:  
(02-25-2010 12:16 PM)clarence clutterbuck Wrote:  ...would God have let the world population increase to its current level with all the accompanying scientific and technological advance necessary to sustain it, or would he have sterilised everyone after a certain desired population size had been reached...

Why would God need to sterilize anyone? God already has the ability to control the number of conceptions that occur.

Besides, aren't there other planets in the universe that could be made hospitable to human life?

maybe there's goign to be another Ark...only this time..for outerspace...

It is I who am you, it is you who are me. wherever you are,I am there. I am sown in all; you collect me from wherever you wish. And when you collect me, it is your own self that you collect.
02-25-2010, 02:30 PM
Genesis 2:16,17 – “Jehovah God also laid this command upon the man: ‘From every tree of the garden you may eat to satisfaction. But as for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad you must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will positively die.” It was not God’s purpose for man someday to die. God warned about the course that would lead to death. Death was to be punishment for disobedience, not the doorway to a better life in heaven.
02-25-2010, 03:34 PM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2010 04:00 PM by Raphael.)
[Image: SWASTIKACreationTapestry11th-12t-3.jpg]

if you believe in Adam you must believe in unicorns too.
above scene Adam is naming the animals...like Dr. Doolittle?
The unicorn gets named first?

IF you believe in all of that ... because Adam and the Unicorn are part of the narrative ... so it must be true eh? ... HAHAHAHAHA are the herd of ewe sheeple for real?

Wanna discuss a script that predates the bible babble by 3000+ years?
go here: http://2012forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php...54#p227854
NO?
I didn't think so.
Ewe vanna keep the illusion alive eh?
I can understand. Tongue

And then what do I make of this next picture?

[Image: SWASTIKACreationTapestry11th-12t-2.jpg]

take a look at Adam's knees?

That image keeps my illusion alive too. Wink
Take a look at the EARS on the creature looking at Adam's knees. Wink

[Image: SwastikaSamarraIraq5000BCKeytoUnive.jpg][Image: SwastikaSamarraIraq5000BC-1.jpg]

Samarra Iraq, LAST SUPPER Dinnerware from 5000 BC.
gotta love the irony in the Age of Iron, how the Iron Cross and the Swastika 'hooked cross' together burst the religious bubble of bible babble.

give it up folks...being dragged to the TRUTH will hurt much more if you remain in denial.
Praise http://kachina2012.wordpress.com/2008/09...%E2%80%9D/

namaste

NATURE cannot be HIDDEN only VEILeD with NARRATIVES that defy NATURE

CodeX4 and the Reconciliation of Science and Religion
http://kachina2012.wordpress.com/about/

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)