Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Adam lived 930 years
07-08-2013, 09:20 PM
Adam lived 930 years
Science now agrees that in the Biblical model, people could live for hundreds of years, perhaps 1,000 years. (They don't discuss Biblical model, but do discuss long life possibility) A study from the University of Utah says, "if all processes of aging could be eliminated and oxidative stress damage could be repaired, ‘one estimate is people could live 1,000 years.’”
http://learn.genetics.utah.edu/content/b...telomeres/
Those processes and stress are a progressive product of a cursed world. "There are seven major types of molecular and cellular damage that eventually become bad for us - including cells being lost without replacement and mutations in our chromosomes."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4003063.stm
Mutations accumulate causing a genetic burden on the human race. It is no surprise that ancient humans could live such long lives.
Agree that humans with few mutations could live 930 years or more, as in the Book of Genesis?

"I challenge...to come up with one practical application of biology that would have been impossible were it not for the hypothesis of evolution" Sonenthal, New Scientist
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2013, 10:01 PM
RE: Adam lived 930 years
Hm, interesting. I think all sort of speculation can stem from this.

I definitely believe Adam lived 930 years. I don't quite bother knowing why or how to prove it, yet sometimes stuff like this falls on my lap. I think it's possible that Mr. Cawthon's estimate is correct. I don't know how that estimate was made though. I'm open to scrutiny if anyone knows if its fully unreliable or anything.

I kind of wish I could live past the year 2100. I don't know why. I just do. I will be 106 by that year. Chances are I won't make it there, but I wish I could, and maybe live a little longer than that? I don't know, haha.
07-08-2013, 10:50 PM
Teleomeres are not the only cause of aging; no environmental circumstance can eliminate the causes of aging. Theoretically, humans can be kept alive indefinitely with application of appropriate technologies, such as genetic therapy, mechanical prostheses for malfunctioning parts, etc. However these technologies were certainly not available to humans before the present.
I will not comment on Adam except to say that these are simply myths, discredited because of archeological evidence too abundant to bear repeating.
07-08-2013, 10:53 PM
Adam's existence has not been proven to never have been so. But absence of evidence of his existence is taken as evidence of absence that he actually existed, lived 930 years, was for a time immortal, etc.

I can respect that, though I respectfully disagree. That's just me, and others like me. I'm not going to try to "prove" Adam existed though, so rest assured I won't use pseudoscience for that.
07-08-2013, 11:04 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2013 11:08 PM by rocketboy9000.)
Gen. 2:5 "there was no man to work the ground", and yet we know there were farms and cities more than 10000 years ago in the Fertile Crescent. That's been proven false. Also the Tigris and Euphrates never had a single source; the writers of the Torah clearly weren't geographers.
07-08-2013, 11:11 PM
I don't believe Eden was in the Fertile Crescent.

But more importantly, I believe the Garden of Eden was a microcosm now removed from the Earth.

And lastly, I believe the modern Tigris and Euphrates received their names from Eden's rivers, rather than Eden's rivers being the Mesopotamian Tigris and Euphrates.
07-08-2013, 11:30 PM
You are aware of course that the rivers in Genesis 2 are given their Hebrew names, which are not, in fact, "Tigris" and "Euphrates". You are also aware of the description: "The Tigris(hidekel), which flows east of Assyria". Now for the clincher: The name hidekel, in an earlier form, is found in Sumerian cuneiform inscriptions older than the entire Torah and even the oldest archaeological evidence for the existence of the Jewish people, thus refuting any possibility that the myth came first.
07-08-2013, 11:34 PM
Hiddekel and Uphrat or something like that, yes.

Assyria, Cush, and Ophir would also be names given to respective lands later.

rocketboy9000 Wrote:The name hidekel, in an earlier form, is found in Sumerian cuneiform inscriptions older than the entire Torah and even the oldest archaeological evidence for the existence of the Jewish people, thus refuting any possibility that the myth came first.

Yes, based on "absence of evidence equals evidence of absence", you're absolutely right. I just don't run on such mindset.
07-08-2013, 11:56 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2013 11:57 PM by rocketboy9000.)
Quote:Yes, based on "absence of evidence equals evidence of absence", you're absolutely right. I just don't run on such mindset.
I don't think you quite understand the enormity of what you're suggesting, and the sheer impossibility.
You're claiming that:
-- The Jewish people somehow existed in secret before they emerged from the tribes of the Canaanite bronze age, even, before they came out of Zagros Mountains, without leaving any houses, garbage, or any ritualistic objects distinguishable from their Canaanite neighbours.
-- The Torah text existed at that time, written in dialects of Hebrew that would not emerge for milennia.
-- The Torah text existed, therefore, before Moses was dictated it(!)
-- The name used by Sumerians for the Tigris (and other names, for that matter,) came from these scriptures used by these Jews, going backwards compared to the rest of the linguistic history of these languages.
-- The Sumerians would use Jewish scriptures referring to foreign gods, to name their own river gods.
-- For comparison, this is like claiming that even though so many words entered English from Latin and Greek, and changed their initial "I" into a "J" pronounced dzh, one particular word, say "james", originated in an English Neopagan text (which somehow existed in the modern form in 0 AD) and was transmitted to Latin and Greek, and then used to name a Christian apostle.
07-09-2013, 12:35 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2013 12:35 AM by shiverleaf15.)
(07-08-2013 11:56 PM)rocketboy9000 Wrote:  
Quote:Yes, based on "absence of evidence equals evidence of absence", you're absolutely right. I just don't run on such mindset.
I don't think you quite understand the enormity of what you're suggesting, and the sheer impossibility.
You're claiming that:
-- The Jewish people somehow existed in secret before they emerged from the tribes of the Canaanite bronze age, even, before they came out of Zagros Mountains, without leaving any houses, garbage, or any ritualistic objects distinguishable from their Canaanite neighbours.
-- The Torah text existed at that time, written in dialects of Hebrew that would not emerge for milennia.
-- The Torah text existed, therefore, before Moses was dictated it(!)
-- The name used by Sumerians for the Tigris (and other names, for that matter,) came from these scriptures used by these Jews, going backwards compared to the rest of the linguistic history of these languages.
-- The Sumerians would use Jewish scriptures referring to foreign gods, to name their own river gods.
-- For comparison, this is like claiming that even though so many words entered English from Latin and Greek, and changed their initial "I" into a "J" pronounced dzh, one particular word, say "james", originated in an English Neopagan text (which somehow existed in the modern form in 0 AD) and was transmitted to Latin and Greek, and then used to name a Christian apostle.

No I am not suggesting any of that, at all. And it's a gross misinterpretation of what I wrote.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Thousand Years. kevlar 26 2,798 11-18-2012 09:26 PM
Last Post: kevlar
  Earthly Paradise in 7 years? iholdit 22 2,678 09-15-2010 07:15 PM
Last Post: iholdit

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)