Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Additions in the Bible
02-19-2010, 12:00 PM
Additions in the Bible
Question has been raised to Christians, that the Bible is been distorted,and additions have been made to the text, inspite of the fact that Jesus said in clear words, that

Revelation 22:18-9 which states:

"For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book."

We will examine many additions, and wil see how christian respond to them. Since till now the fellow christian brothers on this site failed every time to justify the errors and mistakes on Bible and their faith of Christianity, this is yet another Test for them.

1)The Book of Revelation contains the words: I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day,105 and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and what thou seest, write in a book.

Griesbach and Sholtz are in agreement on the point that the word, ‘the first and the last’ are not genuine and were added later. Some translators have omitted them, and in the Arabic translations printed in 1671, and 1821, the words Alpha and Omega were also omitted.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2010, 12:54 PM
RE: Additions in the Bible
(02-19-2010 12:00 PM)TruthWon Wrote:  Question has been raised to Christians, that the Bible is been distorted,and additions have been made to the text, inspite of the fact that Jesus said in clear words, that

"For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book."

We will examine many additions, and wil see how christian respond to them. Since till now the fellow christian brothers on this site failed every time to justify the errors and mistakes on Bible and their faith of Christianity, this is yet another Test for them.

1)The Book of Revelation contains the words: I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day,105 and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and what thou seest, write in a book.

Griesbach and Sholtz are in agreement on the point that the word, ‘the first and the last’ are not genuine and were added later. Some translators have omitted them, and in the Arabic translations printed in 1671, and 1821, the words Alpha and Omega were also omitted.

More spam, cut and pasted from http://www.islam4all.com/distortion_in_luther's.htm without attribution.

http://www.biblicaltraining.org/ --- http://www.ntwrightpage.com/
02-19-2010, 01:39 PM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2010 01:52 PM by TruthWon.)
(02-19-2010 12:54 PM)Stereophonic Wrote:  
(02-19-2010 12:00 PM)TruthWon Wrote:  Question has been raised to Christians, that the Bible is been distorted,and additions have been made to the text, inspite of the fact that Jesus said in clear words, that

More spam, cut and pasted from http://www.islam4all.com/distortion_in_luther's.htm without attribution.

Already informed you, I have pdf book, and if its available on net, I can;t do anything, but do you accept this error and addition in your Bible? still you call it as word of God?
For the sake of ease and friendship, I will show the same addition, with link as requested by dear sister stereophonic.

The Book of Revelation contains the words:

I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day,[1] and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and what thou seest, write in a book.

Griesbach and Sholtz are in agreement on the point that the word, ’the first and the last’ are not genuine and were added later. Some translators have omitted them, and in the Arabic translations printed in 1671, and 1821, the words Alpha and Omega were also[2] omitted.

http://www.islam4all.com/distortion_in_luther's.htm
02-19-2010, 04:08 PM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2010 04:59 PM by Stereophonic.)
(02-19-2010 01:39 PM)TruthWon Wrote:  ...do you accept this error and addition in your Bible? still you call it as word of God?...

In the 800's, the Islamic rulers discovered that their Qur'anic texts had become corrupted, so they got together and decided on one text, and then they destroyed all other variants. Now, since the paper trail was destroyed by the Islamic rulers 150 years after Mohammad, there is no way to verify that even one word of today's Qur'an is the same as any of the words in Mohammad's Qur'an.

By contrast, the Christian New Testament has the most extensive paper trail of any ancient text. For more details, see The Text of the New Testament: Its Transmission, Corruption, and Restoration.

http://www.biblicaltraining.org/ --- http://www.ntwrightpage.com/
02-20-2010, 04:37 AM
Well before this thread started there were many questions regarding the Quran that truthrun refused to answer. Perhaps when she has shown the decency to answer those questions, people with much more knowledge than me regarding the Bible may be interested in answering hers.
JUST A THOUGHT!
02-20-2010, 08:26 AM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2010 08:28 AM by TruthWon.)
(02-19-2010 04:08 PM)Stereophonic Wrote:  
(02-19-2010 01:39 PM)TruthWon Wrote:  ...do you accept this error and addition in your Bible? still you call it as word of God?...

In the 800's, the Islamic rulers discovered that their Qur'anic texts had become corrupted, so they got together and decided on one text, and then they destroyed all other variants. Now, since the paper trail was destroyed by the Islamic rulers 150 years after Mohammad, there is no way to verify that even one word of today's Qur'an is the same as any of the words in Mohammad's Qur'an.

By contrast, the Christian New Testament has the most extensive paper trail of any ancient text. For more details, see The Text of the New Testament: Its Transmission, Corruption, and Restoration.

Since you accepted that there are additions in Bible, and you fail to refute any, we give you many of thanks for bringing this knowledge to other christians here, who now know well that the Bible they read and think that its word of God, is altered and changed, and many of people now have stop reading it, even my fellow christian collegues in office.
Since January, # of christians entered in Islam in the center where I teach, is around 120, and all of these christians were having lots of questions about authenticity of Bible, and the mistakes they encounter while reading it.
After your acceptance that Bible has errors, Inshallah 1 day you will join also the religion of peace. Thanks stereophonic,.... wil wait for the good day soon.
(02-20-2010 04:37 AM)minus459 Wrote:  Well before this thread started there were many questions regarding the Quran that truthrun refused to answer. Perhaps when she has shown the decency to answer those questions, people with much more knowledge than me regarding the Bible may be interested in answering hers.
JUST A THOUGHT!

One more time poor Minus came to defend her weak faith of christianity, but its already too late missy, many of christians here already accepted that Bible have errors, so whatever you say, doesnt matter anymore.
Just one friendly advice to you, to live a good and happy life, start loving others, even if they are non-christian, the more you hate people in your life, the more you will be away from happiness and love of others.
02-20-2010, 08:36 AM
I think your glasses are on upside down. There is no defense of any religion in what I wrote. It is a condemnation of your integrity. No matter what mad beliefs you have.
CONDEMNATION OF YOUR INTEGRITY, HONESTY, INTELLIGENCE AND HUMANITY
02-22-2010, 07:29 AM (This post was last modified: 02-22-2010 07:29 AM by TruthWon.)
Some more additions which were did in earlier Bible, by faithful christians.

Addition No. 32
Acts 8:37 says:

And Philip[3] said, if thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

This verse is also a later addition made by some enthusiast to support the trinity. Griesbach and Sholtz are both agreed on this point.[4]

Addition No. 33
The Book of Acts contains the following:

And he said, who art thou Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks. And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.[5]

Griesbach and Sholtz agreed that the sentence ”it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks” is a later addition.

Addition No. 34
The Book of Acts chapter 10 verse 6 contains:

He lodgeth with one Simon, a tanner, whose house is by the seaside. He shall tell thee what thou oughtest to do.

Griesbach and Sho1tz are positive that the words 'he shall tell thee what thou oughtest to do' are later addition[6] and not genuine.

Addition No. 35
I Corinthians chapter 10 verse 28 says:

But if any man say unto you, This is offered in sacrifice unto idols, eat not for his sake that showed it and for conscience’ sake: for the earth is the Lord’s and the fulness thereof.

The last sentence, ’for the earth is the Lord’s and the fulness thereof,’ is not genuine and is an addition.[7] Horne, after proving this verse to be an addition, said on page 337 vol. 2:

Griesbach, after being sure of its being an addition, excluded it from the text. The truth is that this sentence has no support and is certainly an addition. Most probably it was taken from verse 26.

Adam Clarke said about this sentence:

Griesbach excluded it from the text, and in fact it has no authority.

Addition No. 36
The Gospel of Matthew contains:

A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things.[8]

The word ’heart’ in this verse is an addition.[9] Horne, after proving this, said on page 330 of vol. 2 of his book that this word had been taken from Luke 6:45.

Addition No. 37: Addition to the Lord’s Prayer
We find in Matthew chapter 6 verse 13:

And lead us not into Temptation, but deliver us from evil:

For thine is the Kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever.
The words ‘For thine is…’ etc.[10] up to the end of this verse are an addition. The followers of the Roman Catholic sect are certain of this fact. It does not exist in the Latin version nor in any of the translations of this sect. The Catholics are very displeased at its addition, and strongly reproach those responsible for it. Ward, the Catholic, said in his Book of Errors (printed in 1841) on page 18:

Erasmus greatly condemned this sentence. Bullinger also said that this sentence had been added later and the name of the includer is not yet known. Laurentius Valla and Lamina's claim that this passage was omitted from the word of God has no support of argument. He should have reproached the people who played with the word of God so daringly.

Other scholars have also rejected it. Adam Clarke, who has doubt about its being a later addition, still admits that Griesbach and Wettstein rejected this verse. According to the scholars of both the Catholics and the Protestants, this sentence has been added to the payer of Christ. This shows that even such a famous prayer could not escape from their practice of distortion.

Addition No. 38
The Gospel of John chapter 7 verse 53 and the first eleven verses of chapter 8 are later addition. Though Horne does not support this[11] opinion, he still said on page 310 of vol. 4 of his commentary:

The following scholars do not acknowledge the genuineness of this verse: Erasmus,[12] Calvin, Beza, Leclerc, Grotius, Wettstein, Semler, Sholtz, Maurus, Haenlien, Paulinus, Schmidt and many other authors mentioned by Wolf and Koecher.

He further said:

Chrysostom and Theophylactus wrote commentaries on this gospel but they did not include these verses in their comments. Though Tertullian and Cyprian wrote essays on adultery and chastity, they did not seek any support from these verses. Had these verses existed in the versions they had, they must have cited these verses in support.

Ward said:

Some ancient theologians raised objections with regard’ to the beginning verses of chapter 8 of the Gospel of John.

Norton similarly decided that these verses were certainly a later addition.

Addition No. 39
Matthew 6:18 contains:
And thy father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

The word “openly” in this verse is an addition. Adam Clarke under his comments on this verse proved it and said:

Since this word had no authority, Griesbach, Grotius, Bengel, and Mill excluded it from the text.

Addition No. 40
Mark 2:17 contains the words “to repentance”[13] which is also a later addition. This was shown by Adam Clarke with sufficient proofs and he observed:

Griesbach omitted this and Grotius, Mill and Bengel followed him.

Addition No. 41
Similarly Matthew 9:13 also contains the phrase ”to repentance” which is a later addition. Adam Clarke after establishing this said:

Mill and Bengel suggested its exclusion, while Griesbach has already excluded it from the text.

Addition No. 42
We find in Matthew:

Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup, that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, we are able. And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with.[14]

In this verse the statement that ”to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with,” is a later addition, and similarly the statement, ”ye shall be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with,” is not genuine.

Adam Clarke, after establishing that both the verses are an addition, said:

According to the rules set by the scholars for distinguishing the wrong from the correct text, these two statements do not seem to be a part of the original text.

Addition No. 43
The Gospel of Luke contains:

But he turned and rebuked them and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. For the Son of man is not come to destroy men’s lives but to save them. And they went to another village. [15]

The verse beginning with, ”For the Son of man....”, is not genuine and was added later by an unknown writer. Adam Clarke observed with regard to this verse:

Griesbach excluded this verse from the text. Most likely this passage in old versions was only this much: “But he turned and rebuked them and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. And they went to another village.”

[1]The Lord’s day, that is, Sunday.

[2] 2. The present Urdu and English versions do not contain these phrases. We have copied the above verse from the old King James Version.

[3] The disciple of Christ referred to said this to an Ethiopian on the way to Gaza

[4]In the Urdu version this verse has a sign of doubt while the new English version has omitted it and the King James version’s list of alternative readings and renderings the suggestion includes the suggestion verse’

[5]Acts 9: 5-6.

[6] This sentence does not exist in the new English versions.

[7]Similar to the previous example this has been excluded form the text in new translations.

[8]Matt. 12:35

[9] It has been omitted in the present Urdu translation.

[10].The King James version contains this sentence while the new English translation omits it

[11]These verses describe a woman accused of adultery being brought to the presence of Christ and people demanding that she be stoned to death. Christ decided that the one without sin among them should throw the first stone at her. The people, convicted by their own consciences, left the place one by one. Christ allowed the woman to go and advised her not to sin again. The new English translation omits this passage from this place but at the end it has been included with a translator’s note that that verses have no definite place in the old scriptures. Some other translations do not have this passage at all, while some others place it in Luke after 21:38. Some other translations have even placed it after John 7:36 or 7:53 or 21:24 (New English Bible page184).

[12] Erssmus(1466-1536), the famous sixteenth century scholar, one of the great leaders of the Renaissance.

[13] The new Urdu and English translations do not contain this phrase while the old Arabic and English translations still include it. The list of alternative readings suggests the exclusion of this phrase and also of 6:4 and 6:6 of this Gospel

[14] Man. 20:2’2-23.

[15] Luke 9:55 56.

http://www.islam4all.com/distortion_in_luther's.htm
02-22-2010, 08:23 AM
The Muslim narcissist who thinks all Christians are word idolators like Muslims are. She doesn't understand that Christianity is based on a spiritual relationship with God and not on adherence to words in a book. Even our book teaches this but it is missed by fundamentalist believers who believe God is found in paper and ink products of men.

"Jesus answered and said to him, 'Blessed are you, Simon-Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father in heaven." Books are the products of flesh and blood. Spirit is the true Voice of God.
02-22-2010, 12:56 PM
You say that you dont believe in Bible, and you acceptet that Bible is a book, on which faith can't be based, so why are you quoting verses from Bible than?
Other, you never shown your proof and justification of your faith on Jesus. Can you confirm that Jesus is God of all the humans of world? all humans means which lived since Adam till now?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)