Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Adhara...Jew stuff. :)
05-20-2010, 12:29 AM
Adhara...Jew stuff. :)
ADHARA Wrote:1. In Judaism, there is no Hell. Everyone reaches G-d eventually. Therefore, it's ridiculous to even think about the afterlife, because Jews and non-Jews alike reach the same place. An observant Jew will reach gan Eden after the righteous gentile who dies on the same day.

2. There is worship, yes. But the point of worship is to come together as a community., to pray together and sing together, and be together as a community, to connect as a community. For that reason, there are things like the minyan which can only be done as a group. A synagogue isn't necessary, a rabbi isn't necessary -- there are worship groups that have neither.

Interesting. Are you Jewish?? So, why do Jews practice Judaism and why do you/they follow Jewish traditions like eating only kosher foods? Of course, I realize the Jewish does not only mean a religion but also a people. So, there is Gan Eden and Gehenom...? Good people go straight to Gan Eden (heaven) and some need to experience Gehenom, a spiritual, pain in a sense, to cleanse them and then they go to heaven? So in the example above, would someone have to experience Gehenom because they ate non-kosher?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-2010, 04:11 AM
RE: Adhara...Jew stuff. :)
(05-20-2010 12:29 AM)Christian_Chris Wrote:  
ADHARA Wrote:1. In Judaism, there is no Hell. Everyone reaches G-d eventually. Therefore, it's ridiculous to even think about the afterlife, because Jews and non-Jews alike reach the same place. An observant Jew will reach gan Eden after the righteous gentile who dies on the same day.

2. There is worship, yes. But the point of worship is to come together as a community., to pray together and sing together, and be together as a community, to connect as a community. For that reason, there are things like the minyan which can only be done as a group. A synagogue isn't necessary, a rabbi isn't necessary -- there are worship groups that have neither.

Interesting. Are you Jewish?? So, why do Jews practice Judaism and why do you/they follow Jewish traditions like eating only kosher foods? Of course, I realize the Jewish does not only mean a religion but also a people. So, there is Gan Eden and Gehenom...? Good people go straight to Gan Eden (heaven) and some need to experience Gehenom, a spiritual, pain in a sense, to cleanse them and then they go to heaven? So in the example above, would someone have to experience Gehenom because they ate non-kosher?

I believe that gentiles are actually not supposed to observe the mitzvot, such as the dietary laws. Instead, they are only obligated to observe the seven Noahide laws, which you probably observe anyway whether you know it or not. These prohibit things like murder, theft, and incest. I myself am not Jewish, but I have family members who are.
05-20-2010, 01:01 PM
Quote:Are you Jewish??

Yes, I converted to Judaism two years ago.

Quote:So, why do Jews practice Judaism and why do you/they follow Jewish traditions like eating only kosher foods?

Jews are the chosen people. This often gets blown into a statement of elitism, but it's really not. What it means is that the Jews chose, as a people, to make a covenant with G-d, which requires them to follow the mitzvots, which are the 613 laws in the Torah, and to be the suffering servant for G-d and reflect the sins of the world. Jews are required to follow as many of the 613 laws as possible (some apply only when the temple is in place, others when Israel exists, others for men, others for women, others for priests, etc). The gentiles are not held to such standards. For a gentiles to be considered righteous, they need only follow seven laws.

Quote:I realize the Jewish does not only mean a religion but also a people.

This statement tends to come with the idea that the Jews are a race or that you can be "half-Jewish" or "quarter Jewish on my father's side." This isn't true. There are Jews of all races and colors and they are all just as Jewish as someone whose family has been Jewish forever.

Quote:So, there is Gan Eden and Gehenom...?

There is Gan Eden, Gehenom and Sheol.

Quote:Good people go straight to Gan Eden (heaven) and some need to experience Gehenom, a spiritual, pain in a sense, to cleanse them and then they go to heaven?

Gan Eden is not Heaven. it's, literally, the Garden of Eden in a spiritual plane. No one goes straight to gan Eden. Everyone goes to Sheol first. Some will go to Sheol first, others Gehenom.

Quote:and some need to experience Gehenom, a spiritual, pain in a sense, to cleanse them and then they go to heaven?

Gehenom has nothing to do with pain. It isn't a placeof punishment, it's a place of purification.

Quote:So in the example above, would someone have to experience Gehenom because they ate non-kosher?

No, Gehenom is not used for such minor things. If someone dies with sins not atoned for, or a wrong heart, they would, in most cases, be cleansed in Sheol alone. Gehenom is used for more serious offenses -- people like Jeffrey Dahmer or Pol Pot.

In Gehenom, one only stays twelve months being purified, with rests on Shabbat.
05-20-2010, 11:57 PM
I see. Some of the stuff I wrote, the meaning was the same.. like Gan Eden being the garden of eden, which for all intensive purposes, would be heaven as for the meaning. Unless in Judaism, there is a better place after Gan Eden.

Have some verses to support this I could check out?

And I realize and accept Jews as the chosen people.. nothing elitist to me about it. Smile It just is what it is.. hehe.
05-21-2010, 10:00 AM
Like I said, in Judaism, the afterlife isn't something really talked about. It isn't important. However, there are quite a few who believe in reincarnation in Judaism, and a "better place" would definitely be after the resurrection of the dead, in this world, wih the coming of the Messianic Age.

Not in your Bible. Most of it is in the Talmud. I can give you that, if you like.
05-22-2010, 03:29 PM
Stick with Jesus and know the spiritual truth which is not found in Jewish belief because they never really knew God as anything but an Alien Entity, unknowable, and definitely not directly related to humanity. Jesus and those who know the esoteric knowledge held in the Son of Man tradition know what God is, know what humanity is, know where we came from and where we are going after physical death. This is the Great Gnosis and is found in esoteric form in the Gospels and now found in plain language only in the Gospel of Humanity.

Remember, all Abrahamic belief systems, starting with Judaism are founded on a confusion of polytheistic gods and beliefs falsely molded into an unworkable intolerant monotheism that refuses to acknowledge its dependency on prior polytheistic ideas.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  JESUS WAS A JEW, NOT A CHRISTIAN Khubla 153 7,979 01-13-2017 05:37 PM
Last Post: Caesar Saladin
  What's with these Illuminati stuff? toothpaste 30 2,794 02-16-2015 11:59 PM
Last Post: shiverleaf15
  If Jesus was a Jew..... Achrelos 48 2,665 09-18-2013 07:22 PM
Last Post: Edward
  music chart stuff smellycat 6 1,134 12-05-2008 12:39 PM
Last Post: smellycat

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)