Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ads moved?
08-22-2009, 08:06 AM
Ads moved?
I am seeing ads after the first post in a thread instead of after the last post. Not that I really care, but did something change? Is it my machine or the site?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-22-2009, 12:02 PM
RE: Ads moved?
Ads were put there just recently. I made sure to make them not very tall so they wouldn't take up too much space.

His and Your Humble Servant
RF's Sponsors
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-03-2009, 08:38 PM
I'd usually be one to grumble about ads. (Bloody capitalists!) However, I just saw this one under a post in the swazi thread:

Truth about the Swastika
Get the facts on the most controversial symbol in history.
http://www.proswastika.org

I'm yet to go through the site properly, but it might save me & Raph some time regarding sticking up for such a misrepresented religious symbol.
09-03-2009, 09:39 PM
(09-03-2009 08:38 PM)Zagreus Wrote:  I'd usually be one to grumble about ads. (Bloody capitalists!) However, I just saw this one under a post in the swazi thread:

Truth about the Swastika
Get the facts on the most controversial symbol in history.
http://www.proswastika.org

I'm yet to go through the site properly, but it might save me & Raph some time regarding sticking up for such a misrepresented religious symbol.

Swastika trivia: Finland had a strange history of participation in World War 2 and its spinoffs: alone against the Soviet Union, aligned with Germany against the Soviet Union, and a western ally against Germany. (All three were really just self defense.)

As a result, Finnish military aircraft wore at different times both the traditional Finnish swastika (green and upright rather than slanted) and the familiar black slanted German one.
09-08-2009, 10:50 AM
Oh, the symbol has been horribly misrepresented. It does in fact have a very benign origin, and its place in religious scholarship and symbolism.

However, it isn't found anytime two lines happen to intersect anywhere in the world.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  My topics always get moved? shiverleaf15 14 1,437 07-20-2013 07:11 PM
Last Post: Azrael17

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)