Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
All religions based of the thought of man?
03-04-2010, 05:15 PM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2010 05:18 PM by Atmosphere.)
All religions based of the thought of man?
My claim is this: all Religions are made up by the thoughts of man. Why you might ask? Because most[ I say most here because some Religions obviously don't have a human successor of god in there religion i.e Buddhism] religions conceive a 'chosen one' who ' interacts with god'. If there is no god you see... Then this really is the basis of man thought.

Discuss? Agree or Disagree?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2010, 05:25 PM
RE: All religions based of the thought of man?
(03-04-2010 05:15 PM)Atmosphere Wrote:  My claim is this: all Religions are made up by the thoughts of man. Why you might ask? Because most[ I say most here because some Religions obviously don't have a human successor of god in there religion i.e Buddhism] religions conceive a 'chosen one' who ' interacts with god'. If there is no god you see... Then this really is the basis of man thought.

Yes. Go have a religious experience and then come see us.
03-04-2010, 05:55 PM
(03-04-2010 05:25 PM)biomystic Wrote:  Yes. Go have a religious experience and then come see us.

What are you implying here?
03-04-2010, 11:15 PM
(03-04-2010 05:55 PM)Atmosphere Wrote:  
(03-04-2010 05:25 PM)biomystic Wrote:  Yes. Go have a religious experience and then come see us.

What are you implying here?

That religion will not make sense until you have a religious experience. Can't get to God by intellectual effort. It takes a religious experience to understand what's going on with people who take God and spiritual consciousness seriously.
03-05-2010, 03:32 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2010 03:33 PM by clarence clutterbuck.)
It makes a lot of sense to me that religions ultimately derive from our own human nature and have nothing to do with supernatural entities existing as an external reality. The God figure that many religions include represents our positive prosocial instincts, while the evil Satan figure represents our antisocial, self centred instincts. Self sacrifice to the group is highly prized and lauded, as in Jesus surrendering himself as a sacrifice for "our sins", whereas self interest and personal gain is discouraged and castigated, as in Judas gaining nothing from his treachery and his guts spilling out, as happens in Acts 1:18-19.

True initiation can only be had from surrendering one's individuality to the ecstasy obtainable by assimilation into the group.

If not naturally of a religious persuasion, cultivate fanaticism for a sport like football to obtain this effect.
03-05-2010, 05:10 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2010 05:12 PM by Raphael.)
(03-04-2010 05:15 PM)Atmosphere Wrote:  My claim is this: all Religions are made up by the thoughts of man. Why you might ask? Because most[ I say most here because some Religions obviously don't have a human successor of god in there religion i.e Buddhism] religions conceive a 'chosen one' who ' interacts with god'. If there is no god you see... Then this really is the basis of man thought.

agree

what most folks will not agree with is that religion and its priests came after the shaman.

end of story.
religious funnyandmentalists refuse to go there.

duh
what is the point discussing anything with the funnyandmentalist who substitutes the bible for real history?

they love being IGNORANT of anything that might PROVE their jeSuS or Allah or whatever is a figment of the shamans imaginations.

jeSuS is just a THEORY folks.
get over it.
ALL the evidence gathered these past 2000 years is circumstantial.
The best evidence suggests jeSuS forms part of a starry celestial narrative.

The best evidence also suggests judeao/christian CULTure is the kind of programming needed to *activate* the zombies into donning NAZI or KKK uniforms.

LOTS OF EVIDENCE for that.

namaste

NATURE cannot be HIDDEN only VEILeD with NARRATIVES that defy NATURE

CodeX4 and the Reconciliation of Science and Religion
http://kachina2012.wordpress.com/about/
03-06-2010, 05:52 AM
All the religions are man made. religion was created in times of stress and to control people. throughout history, religion has been used to convince the masses and people for example under an empire, to do a certain thing. Religion also serves a crutch for people that are not strong enough to live their life to the fullest and are scared of dying. Religion is taught people to make them believe that they will one day be judged and sent into hell or heaven based on their deeds. This scares people and people are forced to think that there is someone up there watching there every move. Thats why atheists and agnostics are way more happier people because they dont feel someone is breathing down their throat and that they might burn in flames if they dont follow the so called "rules." Religion is the largest form of propaganda.

acekard 2
03-06-2010, 07:35 AM
(03-06-2010 05:52 AM)jckkeith Wrote:  All the religions are man made. religion was created in times of stress and to control people. throughout history, religion has been used to convince the masses and people for example under an empire, to do a certain thing. Religion also serves a crutch for people that are not strong enough to live their life to the fullest and are scared of dying. Religion is taught people to make them believe that they will one day be judged and sent into hell or heaven based on their deeds. This scares people and people are forced to think that there is someone up there watching there every move. Thats why atheists and agnostics are way more happier people because they dont feel someone is breathing down their throat and that they might burn in flames if they dont follow the so called "rules." Religion is the largest form of propaganda.

Talk about propaganda, what a load of it this statement is: "Thats why atheists and agnostics are way more happier people..." The exact opposite is true. Atheists and agnostics are mentally disabled people who don't realize that the reason they haven't experienced spiritual consciousness is because their brains' spiritual reception apparatus is dysfunctional. It's built into most every human being's brain except it seems that the left-brain hemisphere of atheists overpowers the right-brain with the left-brains' need for linear, deterministic if-you-can't measure-it-it-doesn't exist mentality. Talking to atheists about religious experiences is like trying to convince color-blind people that colors exist when they can't see them at all and believe the world is only black and white and shades of gray. Why parade your handicaps, atheists? Start realizing you can't make judgments about phenomena you can't experience yet the great majority of humanity can.
03-07-2010, 09:49 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2010 10:00 AM by Raphael.)
(03-04-2010 11:15 PM)biomystic Wrote:  That religion will not make sense until you have a religious experience. Can't get to God by intellectual effort. It takes a religious experience to understand what's going on with people who take God and spiritual consciousness seriously.

duh
but I had an ARCHETYPAL epiphany that suggests your religious experience is rooted in EVIL.

and my experience clearly show me how IGNORANT all the bible babblers are.

so now what?
We argue over whose epiphany/religious experience is real?

namaste
(03-06-2010 07:35 AM)biomystic Wrote:  Atheists and agnostics are mentally disabled people who don't realize that the reason they haven't experienced spiritual consciousness is because their brains' spiritual reception apparatus is dysfunctional. It's built into most every human being's brain except it seems that the left-brain hemisphere of atheists overpowers the right-brain with the left-brains' need for linear, deterministic if-you-can't measure-it-it-doesn't exist mentality. Talking to atheists about religious experiences is like trying to convince color-blind people that colors exist when they can't see them at all and believe the world is only black and white and shades of gray. Why parade your handicaps, atheists? Start realizing you can't make judgments about phenomena you can't experience yet the great majority of humanity can.

IGNORANT folks like bio-mystic always love to point fingers and scream out LOUD and clear, so the inquisitors can hear?
Words like witch, jew or crazy or NAZI?
I hear it all the time...along with I AM the devil. Angelic
I agree with some of what you say.

So when are you going to move on up to the next level and join me on the ARCHETYPAL LEVEL and leave all your holier-than-thou crap behind in the Vatican toilets?

learn to flush dude after your movements that SOUND like plunk plunk and smell like crap.

EWE are stuck.
Just a clever bible babbler whose ancestors had laws of science and nature VEILeD from them...and now EWE, the offspring of the IGNORANT ILLITERATE pagans are waking up to SCIENCE.

Duh EWE can't have it both ways.
DUH I love how these new age bible babblers (the name bio-mystic is a clue to finding EWE new age hyBREDS) are now embracing the HEATHEN MAYAN calender AFTER killing 60 million of their ancestors?

DUH
you and your brand of LITERAL religion embracing SCIENCE NEEDS to be buried for all time.

namaste

NATURE cannot be HIDDEN only VEILeD with NARRATIVES that defy NATURE

CodeX4 and the Reconciliation of Science and Religion
http://kachina2012.wordpress.com/about/
03-13-2010, 12:50 AM

i agree that religions are created by man, but God and Jesus are not created by man. an eternal God needs no successor

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Some Thought Experiment? shiverleaf15 14 1,203 06-03-2013 07:53 AM
Last Post: legend
  If no one thought religiously... GTseng3 33 3,985 10-12-2010 09:32 AM
Last Post: Painkiller
  A Thought to Ponder. thebeave 30 4,006 05-17-2010 04:59 AM
Last Post: may

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)