Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Alternative Conception
11-18-2008, 10:04 AM
Alternative Conception
There are three alternative ways to conceive:

Artificial Insemination
The father's sperm is inserted in the mother's uterus by a probe instead of the "usual" means.

In Vitro
The mother's egg(s) are harvested, fertilized with the father's sperm in a Petri dish and a fertilized egg is re-implanted in the mother who carries the child to term.

Surrogate Mother
The mother's egg(s) are harvested, fertilized with the father's sperm in a Petri dish and a fertilized egg is implanted in a host mother who carries the child to term and surrenders it to the biological parents.

I was wondering which procedures people found objectionable and why.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2008, 11:35 AM
RE: Alternative Conception
Messenger Wrote:There are three alternative ways to conceive:

Artificial Insemination
The father's sperm is inserted in the mother's uterus by a probe instead of the "usual" means.

In Vitro
The mother's egg(s) are harvested, fertilized with the father's sperm in a Petri dish and a fertilized egg is re-implanted in the mother who carries the child to term.

Surrogate Mother
The mother's egg(s) are harvested, fertilized with the father's sperm in a Petri dish and a fertilized egg is implanted in a host mother who carries the child to term and surrenders it to the biological parents.

All three.

All three remove love, marriage, and the conjucal act from the act of procreation.

(3) uses a woman's womb as a simple mechanism and the woman as a machine to produce a child for someone else. It reduces a woman's overall dignity, instead of someone she is something: an instrument, a means to an end.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing..."-Darth Vader
11-18-2008, 03:03 PM
RE: Alternative Conception
Messenger Wrote:There are three alternative ways to conceive:

Artificial Insemination

In Vitro

Surrogate Mother

None of the above. Wink

The Grey Pilgrim Wrote:All three remove love, marriage, and the conjucal act from the act of procreation.

I really don't feel these remove love from anything. Any couple that pursues these methods do so because they have had an inordinate amount of trouble conceiving naturally. Despite this difficulty, they still want to have a child; usually out of love for each other. I think science being able to give them this opportunity is a wonderful advancement.

If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)