Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Answer to Steve Jobs Cartoon with images this time, honest!
09-09-2017, 09:26 PM
Answer to Steve Jobs Cartoon with images this time, honest!
Well i couldn't post the images that i wanted in my previous post and unfortunately the system wouldn't let me delete my own message - who knew? Anyway here i am trying again. See if this works
[Image: dgviJsy.jpg]

And here's the Steve Job's cartoon
[Image: HLMa6tR.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2017, 06:52 AM
RE: Answer to Steve Jobs Cartoon with images this time, honest!
I always try to keep the image size down to something comfortably viewable without fiddling with the Zoom controls. Like thus:

[Image: 807.png]
09-10-2017, 10:27 AM
(09-10-2017 06:52 AM)clarence clutterbuck Wrote:  I always try to keep the image size down to something comfortably viewable without fiddling with the Zoom controls. Like thus:

thanks not very good with these things i am afraid
09-10-2017, 04:19 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2017 04:20 PM by clarence clutterbuck.)
When you choose your images, you'll see pixel numbers given for width and height. Experiment with the "Preview" function and get a feel for which image sizes look best to your eyes.
09-11-2017, 03:13 AM
Why wouldn't he just get sent straight to hell for not worshipping the Pearly Gates god? It's out of character for that god to reincarnate someone.

----------------------
Does anyone know where the love of God goes
when the waves turn the minutes to hours?
09-11-2017, 06:51 AM
(09-11-2017 03:13 AM)The_Squid Wrote:  Why wouldn't he just get sent straight to hell for not worshipping the Pearly Gates god? It's out of character for that god to reincarnate someone.

After all it was an Apple that started all the trouble. Better off with Gates.

Or it is the other way around?

And here I sit so patiently waiting to find out what price
You have to pay to get out of going through all these things twice
Dylan
09-13-2017, 06:31 PM
(09-11-2017 03:13 AM)The_Squid Wrote:  Why wouldn't he just get sent straight to hell for not worshipping the Pearly Gates god? It's out of character for that god to reincarnate someone.

Hell is here, Heaven is here - they are not up in the sky or in some other realm. It's ALL down here - this is ALL there is. So, the person wishing for the easy life of sitting around snoring away will get his wish, he will just have to accept a lower form of life that's all
09-13-2017, 06:45 PM
(09-13-2017 06:31 PM)RamaRaksha Wrote:  

Hell is here, Heaven is here - they are not up in the sky or in some other realm. It's ALL down here - this is ALL there is. So, the person wishing for the easy life of sitting around snoring away will get his wish, he will just have to accept a lower form of life that's all

So a Chinese person born into a life where the economics dictates he/she must work in sweat shop conditions is a lower form of life than me, who was lucky enough to be born where I was, access to good education and with my good job?

I certainly don't consider that Chinese person to be a "lower form of life". Just less lucky.

The doctrine that they did something wrong in a past life and now deserve to work in a sweatshop is a disgusting one, in my opinion.

----------------------
09-13-2017, 07:29 PM
(09-13-2017 06:45 PM)The_Squid Wrote:  
(09-13-2017 06:31 PM)RamaRaksha Wrote:  
So a Chinese person born into a life where the economics dictates he/she must work in sweat shop conditions is a lower form of life than me, who was lucky enough to be born where I was, access to good education and with my good job?
I certainly don't consider that Chinese person to be a "lower form of life". Just less lucky.
The doctrine that they did something wrong in a past life and now deserve to work in a sweatshop is a disgusting one, in my opinion.

Don't be in such a hurry to post - go over the images again - "my answer to the steve jobs cartoon" - do these words make sense? The 2nd image was not mine obviously - that was from a religious person who was biased towards Heaven - "hahaha, you could be enjoying heaven now look what happened to you" - they were making fun of Reincarnation
The lower form of life is the Cat - come on!
As for Steve Jobs coming back as a Chinese factory worker, Reincarnation does not rule that out - it is not a punishment, it is just the luck of the draw

"The doctrine that they did something wrong in a past life and now deserve to work in a sweatshop is a disgusting one, in my opinion" - did you not see the cartoon? Again it is from a guy who does not believe in reincarnation - he is mocking reincarnation by saying you could come back as a Chinese worker.

And as for your opinion, yes it is disgusting - i agree - but that is not what Reincarnation is all about - people have the wrong view of reincarnation. There is no unseen hand reaching from beyond and dishing out punishment
09-14-2017, 02:56 PM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2017 02:58 PM by The_Squid.)
Quote:it is not a punishment, it is just the luck of the draw...

So it's the same as if there was no reincarnation.... it's just the luck of the draw. How do you tell the difference between reincarnation (which is a luck of the draw, you say) and no reincarnation (which is also the luck of the draw).

And how do I tell whether my cat was a badly behaved human or a wonderful slug in its past life?

----------------------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  My Answer to Steve Jobs comes back as a Chinese Worker hahaha Cartoon RamaRaksha 3 136 09-03-2017 07:59 PM
Last Post: Imprecise Interrupt
  Naturalism - The Answer to Everything? TheAnimeNerd 73 3,171 05-11-2016 07:11 AM
Last Post: Imprecise Interrupt
  believe in God? answer this Nadeem 9 1,071 10-25-2012 05:32 PM
Last Post: Yefet
  Answer their Prayers EqualAtheist 14 2,419 04-29-2012 01:42 AM
Last Post: Visqueen
  Logo Design Jobs to Suit the Needs of Corporate Customers gwenmacer 0 480 08-05-2010 10:06 AM
Last Post: gwenmacer
Question THE QUESTIONS NOBODY WANTS TO ANSWER - maham115 25 3,200 06-16-2010 07:44 AM
Last Post: Christian_Chris
  End time. Will God fail again as in the end time of Noah‘s day? Greatest I am 16 3,343 10-24-2009 11:40 AM
Last Post: Greatest I am

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)