Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Any One Read Graphic Novels, Comic Books, Manga?
11-13-2009, 01:17 AM
Any One Read Graphic Novels, Comic Books, Manga?
I love to read Comic Books, Graphic Novels, and Japanese Manga!

My Favorites are some of the DC comics stuff like Green Lantern, I also like the Manga Bleach.

I like the kinda heroes that don't seem fake. What I mean is allot of American comic heroes are too Good or too perfect to be realistic.

I like characters with personalities that evolve and change, characters that come across Psychological conflicts and realistic problems. Even if a Sci-Fi or a any fiction I feel the characters need realistic personalities.

For example when I write Stories I put the characters in situations most people would never think about. Such as life or death situations or "some one you care about has been killed." Most of my stories deal with pain because I am empathetic and I like to put my self in other peoples shoes. Even my villains have a back-story in my stories.

I love Psychology so I try to use it when I write fiction to grab my readers attention. My favorite technique is where I set up a relaxing environment in the story than destroy it in a blink of an eye. I try to write my stories in a Poetic kinda way so that the words seem to flow into one another.

"Hidden underneath the stoned cold surface of every Pious Person lays buried a Kinky Pervert, Stop bringing shovels, Where not digging!"-Azrael
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-13-2009, 10:35 AM
RE: Any One Read Graphic Novels, Comic Books, Manga?
Was there a question in there somewhere? If so I missed it.

I do love comic books, especially American comic books. I like Japanese manga, but there's so much of it that is utter crap that I rarely read a series unless it is recommended to me (last one I read I think was Angel Sanctuary, which I loved for it's sheer twistedness.)

American series, on the other hand... I'm a DC. Green Lantern is my favorite, but I've had a strong love of Batman since childhood. Of course, DC seems intent on raping Batman and all his Bat-family at the moment (WHY did they do that to Batgirl? WHY?) so I'm mostly focusing on the excellent "Blackest Night" and "Sinestro Corps War" plots of Green Lantern.

And 52. 52 was awesome. And Infinite Crisis was awesome. And there HAVE BEEN NO CRISIS CROSSOVERS AFTER THAT.

None. None at all. No, don't mention that one, it didn't exist. DIDN'T EXIST. Shut up.

*Sighs* I miss Blue Beetle. I hope he gets his own comic again soon.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
11-13-2009, 11:17 PM
I had a tremendous collection of 1950s comics - I mean upwards of a thousand - including lots of those wonderfully horrible EC nasties and tons of DC superheroes and science fiction. Then I went in the Army. When I got out....AAAAHHHH!!!!..."you mean you wanted all that old junk?" Sad
11-13-2009, 11:19 PM
I had two vintage silver-era Justice League comics as a kid. Regrettably, I was a kid and so they were destroyed from over-reading. But I loved them so much. It was my first introduction to Green Lantern too.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
11-13-2009, 11:46 PM
(11-13-2009 11:19 PM)GTseng3 Wrote:  I had two vintage silver-era Justice League comics as a kid. Regrettably, I was a kid and so they were destroyed from over-reading. But I loved them so much. It was my first introduction to Green Lantern too.

I had the original JLA - great story about Norse mythology! This was just about the time I stopped reading comics.
12-01-2009, 01:25 AM
I like to read novel in which lots of suspense exists.
02-10-2010, 05:47 PM
I like what Paulo Coelho write
02-14-2010, 06:37 PM
I don't really read them that much, but if I do I like them because it takes us away from the limitations our world presents to us in a visual way. Superheroes can do everything and save anyone, we are just helpless... Sad I wish I was a superhero.
04-23-2010, 10:06 PM
Way to go GTseng. I loved Angel Sanctuary. Definitely no shortage of imperfect "heroes" either.
I recently discovered the graphic novels of Buddha, which I've found surprisingly entrancing. It's the story of Siddhartha with some pretty significant changes, but still relevant. It's also a guilty pleasure of mine that I like how RA Salvatore's Forgotten Realms Drizzt series has been transferred to graphic novel, along with his demon wars trilogy. I also recently got a hold of a series called "Voodoo Child" that was rather good. Really though, I'm not too familiar with many of them.
05-23-2010, 07:19 PM (This post was last modified: 05-23-2010 07:22 PM by siddartha.)
I love comics...
Love anything by Jack Kirby, Peter Milligan, Grant Morrison, Neil Gaiman, Brendan McCarthy.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Movies adapted from books zoodeferness 0 495 07-02-2010 02:49 AM
Last Post: zoodeferness

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)