Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are believers culpable for overpopulation?
11-02-2009, 02:15 PM

This question was born from my hearing the story of a man with 17 children of whom 6 were not as normal, so to speak, as the rest. No twins. This family is poor and arguably has no quality of life.

Most Gods favor a reproducing group of adherents.
Without adherents, there relevance would be lost to history.

From Adam on down, we have not let God down, we have reproduced.

Be they Eastern or Western religions, are religions and believers responsible for our dismal control of reproduction?

Are believers culpable for our overpopulation?

Regards
DL

God is a cosmic consciousness.
Our next evolutionary step.
No choice.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2009, 02:40 PM
RE: Are believers culpable for overpopulation?
Of course not. Overpopulation is a statistical inevitability. They might have contributed toward hitting overpopulation now, rather than later, but that's just quibbling. Not to mention I know plenty of non-religious people who love children and want to have as many of them as possible.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
11-02-2009, 03:39 PM
(11-02-2009 02:40 PM)GTseng3 Wrote:  Of course not. Overpopulation is a statistical inevitability. They might have contributed toward hitting overpopulation now, rather than later, but that's just quibbling. Not to mention I know plenty of non-religious people who love children and want to have as many of them as possible.

There is wanting and there is having.

Every time a family has more members than is desirable, someone else dies. The numbers fluctuate of course but haves takes, generally, and have nots die.

Regards
DL

No choice.
11-02-2009, 04:20 PM
That is an extremely oversimplified view of population. It's the same sort of unfounded accusations that lead theists to claim that atheists want to lock Christians up.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
11-02-2009, 04:24 PM
(11-02-2009 03:39 PM)Greatest I am Wrote:  Every time a family has more members than is desirable, someone else dies. The numbers fluctuate of course but haves takes, generally, and have nots die.

Source, please?

Show us proof that these so-called "Haves" are overpopulating while the "Have-nots" are dying. Also, I suppose it would be helpful to better define the "Haves" and "Have-nots" as well as what exactly it is that they have or don't.

I can show you statistics that seem to indicate a correlation between smaller family size and increased prosperity. Can you show me data to refute that?

---------------
Not selling anything.
11-05-2009, 10:06 AM
(11-02-2009 04:20 PM)GTseng3 Wrote:  That is an extremely oversimplified view of population. It's the same sort of unfounded accusations that lead theists to claim that atheists want to lock Christians up.

Truth is often simple.

Regards
DL

No choice.
11-05-2009, 10:08 AM
And yet truth is never oversimplified. It's amazing how, since both of those are qualitative statements, that they both work.

11-05-2009, 10:10 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2009 10:12 AM by Greatest I am.)
(11-02-2009 04:24 PM)MerryAtheist Wrote:  
(11-02-2009 03:39 PM)Greatest I am Wrote:  Every time a family has more members than is desirable, someone else dies. The numbers fluctuate of course but haves takes, generally, and have nots die.

Source, please?

Show us proof that these so-called "Haves" are overpopulating while the "Have-nots" are dying. Also, I suppose it would be helpful to better define the "Haves" and "Have-nots" as well as what exactly it is that they have or don't.

I can show you statistics that seem to indicate a correlation between smaller family size and increased prosperity. Can you show me data to refute that?

Main source, logic.
Try it.

http://library.thinkquest.org/C002291/hi.../stats.htm

Notice how it is the haves that starve. Not.

Regards
DL

No choice.
11-06-2009, 04:04 AM
(11-02-2009 02:15 PM)Greatest I am Wrote:  Are believers culpable for overpopulation?

This question was born from my hearing the story of a man with 17 children of whom 6 were not as normal, so to speak, as the rest. No twins. This family is poor and arguably has no quality of life.

Be they Eastern or Western religions, are religions and believers responsible for our dismal control of reproduction?

Regards
DL

In regards to the question I will say this,
The planet can only support so much life and then it will Die, the Earth is Dieing because of how we have treated it.

If in the year 2012 WW3 breaks out the Earth will be not as it was before and it will become an endless Sand as far as the eye can see.
For God made man in his image, but when Adam fell God knew that if man did not get back unto the right track what had to be done to the Earth and it's people.

Pray in Good Faith that you Might be Spared for the Winds of Change are in Motion.
These winds can't be stopped but will burn you all to sunder.
That great Dragon in all his pride will fall back into his evil ways and when in due time an effort is put forth against him he will Enforce his change.

He will build a fake arc to be taken into the Sun and the Moths will burn in the flame.
But the Followers of God from that Ancient city of Gold will be spared and they will Inherit the Void and it's Domain!
They will be told to Reclaim their Rightful place amongst the Stars!
And they will search for that Void, the one that gives Light rather than take it away.

"Hidden underneath the stoned cold surface of every Pious Person lays buried a Kinky Pervert, Stop bringing shovels, Where not digging!"-Azrael
11-06-2009, 11:54 AM
(11-06-2009 04:04 AM)Azrael17 Wrote:  
(11-02-2009 02:15 PM)Greatest I am Wrote:  Are believers culpable for overpopulation?

Regards
DL

In regards to the question I will say this,
The planet can only support so much life and then it will Die, the Earth is Dieing because of how we have treated it.

If in the year 2012 WW3 breaks out the Earth will be not as it was before and it will become an endless Sand as far as the eye can see.
For God made man in his image, but when Adam fell God knew that if man did not get back unto the right track what had to be done to the Earth and it's people.

Pray in Good Faith that you Might be Spared for the Winds of Change are in Motion.
These winds can't be stopped but will burn you all to sunder.
That great Dragon in all his pride will fall back into his evil ways and when in due time an effort is put forth against him he will Enforce his change.

He will build a fake arc to be taken into the Sun and the Moths will burn in the flame.
But the Followers of God from that Ancient city of Gold will be spared and they will Inherit the Void and it's Domain!
They will be told to Reclaim their Rightful place amongst the Stars!
And they will search for that Void, the one that gives Light rather than take it away.

Dodmatic B S.

Adam fell?

Is reaching for a moral sense a fall?
I call that a fall up to being a true human.

Do you see true humans as better without a moral sense?
Would you give up yours?

Regards
DL

No choice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  A question for Believers..... Saint_of_Me 26 3,639 04-23-2015 09:13 AM
Last Post: Alison2
  Unanswered Questions from Believers TheAlchemist 38 2,214 09-24-2013 12:30 PM
Last Post: Edward
  I found many chatters on the science forum are a zero believers they are too narcissi alirda6 2 862 07-21-2013 11:06 AM
Last Post: Yefet
  Why believers do thinks this way KAYSER 41 2,519 11-15-2012 06:43 PM
Last Post: Huitaca
  All Ye Believers: What Would it Take For You Not to Believe? Secular Hobbit 68 7,771 07-28-2012 07:45 AM
Last Post: rocketboy9000
  For The NON believers(Of God(s)) Anti-Faithless666 9 2,006 07-22-2012 03:18 PM
Last Post: StarStuff
  A Question to Believers... Secular Hobbit 111 14,367 04-12-2010 03:48 PM
Last Post: Secular Hobbit
  Believers, without apotheosis, you lie when saying that God exists. Greatest I am 19 3,671 04-03-2010 09:47 AM
Last Post: Greatest I am

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)