Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are we here to serve God or is God to serve man?
04-11-2010, 01:02 PM

Some seem to think that man was created to serve or appease a need within God.
To do as commanded and love and adore Him. They also indicate that if we do not do so, a resentful and vengeful God punishes those who will not do so forever.
Christians tend to say, turn or burn while denying that there is a hell.

Others think that God is here to serve man as savior and scapegoat that we ride into heaven. He serves to the point of dying for us while at the same time the Bible tells us that we are perfect. Something that most Christians do not believe. Why we, Gods perfect works would need saving, remains unanswered.

Who is to be master and who is to be slave?

Are we here to serve or to be served?

Is the master to die for His slaves or are the slaves to die for the master?

Regards
DL

God is a cosmic consciousness.
Our next evolutionary step.
No choice.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2010, 01:07 PM
RE: Are we here to serve God or is God to serve man?
Well since God does not exist, this post is rendered moot.

We would be 1,500 years ahead if it hadn't been for the church dragging science back by its coattails and burning our best minds at the stake
04-11-2010, 04:31 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2010 04:32 PM by TheJackel.)
Neither, since one is a fallacy neither can apply.So I agree with Secular Hobbit Smile. The fallacy only servers as a social medium, or cultural medium.. It's the old gather in social groups for strength and protection from outside threats and fears.
04-14-2010, 09:15 AM
You are both right.

I see God = rules.
I see our political God = rules.

You follow the rules of the state.

If I were to ask the same to an atheist and I do here---
Is the state there to serve you or are you there to serve the state?

Regards
DL

God is a cosmic consciousness.
Our next evolutionary step.
No choice.
04-14-2010, 10:27 PM
I can tell you what it feels like! I serve the state. Every morning against my will I go to work and chain myself to the desk of some corporation for eight hours straight. I am a slave to capitalism in a very literal sense. If I don't do as the machine tells me, I must revert to the state of nature and take to the streets, ruining the lives of myself and my family. I need the State more than the State needs me, therefore I am weaker than it and serve it.

We would be 1,500 years ahead if it hadn't been for the church dragging science back by its coattails and burning our best minds at the stake
04-14-2010, 10:43 PM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2010 10:55 PM by Venedi Sporoi.)
Concerning the state, I think the question is more moot. The state is people. If no one did anything for the state, it would have a hard time doing anything for us. We govern and care for ourselves through the state. It only exists as a medium through which the population governs itself. When this fails to be the case, and the state becomes an end in itself, we don't owe it anything!

The relationship with the bogom, those who make allotments of prosperity, is not one of obligation though. Bringing them into your life is just a way of bringing fortune- material, spiritual, or otherwise- into your life.
04-15-2010, 02:15 PM
We are here to serve God and we rightfully need to do so. We received and continue to receive daily blessings from God.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  God Created Man To Be A Vegetarian And Not Eat Animals Or Fish Chika 145 20,897 06-05-2017 04:50 PM
Last Post: Caesar Saladin
  God is my Source not little man. Gismys17 4 282 02-09-2017 07:41 AM
Last Post: Herminator
  Does Satan worship and serve God? PopeADope 6 648 06-04-2016 03:23 PM
Last Post: Herminator
  Who Really Produces faith in religion - Man or God user123 30 1,856 10-03-2014 02:00 PM
Last Post: rocketboy9000
  One God, One Message, God's Kingdom is near... Sweetflower87 2 511 12-08-2013 01:24 PM
Last Post: Huitaca
  Scientific Discovery of God -- The Most Profound Known to Man Secular Hobbit 54 4,139 07-10-2012 08:23 AM
Last Post: Secular Hobbit
  Do you sin against God or man? Greatest I am 15 3,036 05-06-2012 07:29 AM
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Should man rely on himself or God? Greatest I am 59 8,410 05-01-2012 08:39 AM
Last Post: Greatest I am
  GOD IS ALIVE, GOD IS female, and SHE SPOKE TO Me on 12/06/2010 Jesus II 5 2,152 03-18-2012 09:49 PM
Last Post: Satyros
  Who, other than a man, ever put voice to the will of God? Greatest I am 9 1,245 01-23-2012 01:18 PM
Last Post: Poetess

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)