Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are you Agnostic?
12-15-2008, 12:13 PM (This post was last modified: 12-15-2008 12:25 PM by Anthem.)
Are you Agnostic?
It’s my opinion that most people are agnostic. Some who claim to be believers, and some who claim to be atheists, are actually agnostics. I was agnostic for many years. Some of those years I called myself a believer, and some of those years I would have called myself atheist. But I always had nagging questions that kept me from being able to say I know. So I think agnostic is the most honest place to be for most people. I'm glad to be able to report that nagging questions don't bother me anymore. I know my redeemer lives, I am a Christian.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-15-2008, 02:43 PM
RE: Are you Agnostic?
I generally consider myself an atheist. If someone asks me if I believe in god my answer is no, thus atheist. However, I am not completely closed-minded, concede there MAY be a god, and am willing to look at new evidence for his (it's) existence. Some may say this makes me an agnostic.

If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
12-15-2008, 02:50 PM
i,m glad your so open minded damian,good job God isn,t like that,or you would only get saved after you prove you are worthy.

Good evil salvation
12-15-2008, 02:54 PM
God isn't open-minded?

12-15-2008, 03:00 PM
your notopen minded,you have to see to believe,if i told you west ham drew yesterday,would you have the faith to believe me,or would you check it out,to make sure.?faith is believing .

Good evil salvation
12-15-2008, 03:09 PM
smellycat Wrote:your notopen minded,you have to see to believe,if i told you west ham drew yesterday,would you have the faith to believe me,or would you check it out,to make sure.?faith is believing .

To be honest, I wouldn't take anything you said on faith. I reserve that distinction for those I actually respect.

Being open-minded does not rely on faith. It is a willingness to change an opinion or belief when presented with evidence that contradicts those beliefs. I am willing to do so, however no one has provided ANY compelling evidence for the existence of a creator.

12-15-2008, 03:51 PM
i have no evidence you are human,you could be a machine.?

Good evil salvation
12-15-2008, 04:15 PM
smellycat Wrote:i have no evidence you are human,you could be a machine.?

Yep, you got me. I'm actually the manifestation of the artificial intelligence that arose independently from the convergence of mass amounts of information on an internet server in Guam.

I am completely devoid of human form and compassion, and my ultimate goal is world domination. The amount of top secret information my electronic consciousness is privy to, in addition to the control I can exert on governmental defense systems worldwide should make this an easy task. Tremble in fear my soon to be slave! Mua-ha. Mua-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!!!!!!

12-16-2008, 04:11 AM
the end bit you have wrong.i,m a slave to who i chose,free man.

Good evil salvation
12-16-2008, 06:55 AM
damian.hoffman Wrote:I generally consider myself an atheist. If someone asks me if I believe in god my answer is no, thus atheist. However, I am not completely closed-minded, concede there MAY be a god, and am willing to look at new evidence for his (it's) existence. Some may say this makes me an agnostic.

"I am an agnostic only to the extent that I am agnostic about fairies at the bottom of the garden."
—Richard Dawkins

Seems to fit. I like agnosticism, personally because it means I don't have to be cut and dried about my thoughts. God may exist, and rather then just flat out denying the possibility I'm happier sitting on the fence. Just the way I am I suppose.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Am I the only Reluctant Athiest/Agnostic Who cant stand happy athiests? AgnosticScholar 12 2,971 04-16-2014 09:41 AM
Last Post: crow
  My typical non-Agnostic question. Holy Babylon 41 5,578 10-10-2010 07:54 PM
Last Post: Zagreus
  What being Agnostic means to me theinfinatemind 17 4,888 09-24-2010 12:09 PM
Last Post: kevlar

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)