Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Atheism: My Belief and My Argument.
12-21-2007, 11:37 PM
So, Atheism isn't a new concept, and in this post, i'm going to assume you know what it is. I beleive in this "Religion" so to speak very much. Though it may not have all of the answers all of the time, i do believe it explains alot. My personal views on other religions (and for the record, i'm not the most educated on any other than Christianity really, so i'm terriably sorry for any misconceptions i may have here) is that God answers all questions. it sounds too good to be true. Well, here's what he answers in: Yes, No, Wait and see. No matter what you ask, or wish to know, these answers will always be met, no matter what the situation. Look at it this way: I put a jug of milk on the counter in front of you. i tell you that if you pray to the milk it with answer your prayers. you are reluctant at first, but decide to try it out. after you have made your prayer, i tel lyou in answers all prayers in the from of yes, no, or wait and see. Now, lets pretend you prayed for a 250$ bonus at work. here's the situations that can happen: 1) the next day, you get a 260$ bonus. just what you needed, and then some. 2) The next day, you're informed that your buisness is crashing and needs lower bonuses to save money. 3)the next day, nothing happens. As you can see, this expressed all three of the answers. if you look closely, no matter what you ever ask it can be answered in these three ways. You may Happen to get that bonus tomorow; yes. you may be informed of those cuts; no. or nothing happens at all; wait and see. Eventually it'll be narrowed down to Yes or No, but either way it seems as though god has answered your prayer. this is easy when anything that happens is "His Will". I have a few "theories" if you will. most of these apply to Chistianity only, but the one i have that stands out mostly that affects all religions is this: Why would a "higher being" let people have to choose their religion? The answer to you may be simple: it's to test your faith. I beleive that if he wants you to follow his "laws", then why does he hide those all behind a hide and seek game of "Find the TRUE Religion." Another thing. What makes the otehr religions wrong? Chistians, how is the islamic Allah, or any other religions gods not the right one? I beleive if there is a "True religion" it'd be found at the source of existance, AND be spread widly starting at that time. chistianity has half of that down as far as i can tell. If what the bible says is true, then at the Garden of Eden, chistianty was developed to the extent of beliveing in "That God" as the true God. If this is so, then why did Chirstianity not get spread widly untill later times? where did the people that didn't even know of this religion go? did they get sent to Hell because of simply not knowing of the religon because it was not spread quickly enough? After typing this part, it did occur to me that they were saved because i do beleive it says somewhere that all who have never had the chance to accept Jesus Christ as their savior, as saved automaticly. but, it still dosn't show that other gods and religions are wrong. I suppose this is the biggest mystery that ever hit the earth, and probabally ever will. Feel free to post back and i'd love to have a conversation wiht you.

~~ Jac, the 14 year old atheist.

~~~The 14 year old Aithiest~~~
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-29-2007, 09:28 PM
RE: Atheism: My Belief and My Argument.
Just wondering if may people come to this forum. i noticed only 10 people are signed up including me adn the moderator. including me it seems that 3 people have even come on in the last week.

~~~The 14 year old Aithiest~~~
01-13-2008, 10:57 PM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2008 12:13 AM by God Rocks.)
There aren't very many people here yet. This is a new forum but hopefully it will grow!

It's interesting to see your point of view. I believe there is a God and I'm willing to admit it's something that I can't prove. The proof to me though is the fact that everything had to come from somewhere. It's scientific fact that matter can't be created, so where did it come from?

I'm interesting in seeing what other people think about this.

His and Your Humble Servant
RF's Sponsors
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-03-2008, 12:46 PM
but god rocks, wouldn't god have to come from somewhere as well.
03-12-2008, 06:53 PM
Hense the never ending paradox. The only way to get past it is say that there must be something which somehow is above all of this, or separate from it, or however you want to say it. Something that for what ever reason was already there. Since there is no logical explaination for what this is, it must be something beyond our understanding. I call that God. What else could be omnipresent?

His and Your Humble Servant
RF's Sponsors
03-16-2008, 09:27 AM
BlackWolfLeader Wrote:So, Atheism isn't a new concept, and in this post, i'm going to assume you know what it is. I beleive in this "Religion" so to speak very much. Though it may not have all of the answers all of the time, i do believe it explains alot. My personal views on other religions (and for the record, i'm not the most educated on any other than Christianity really, so i'm terriably sorry for any misconceptions i may have here) is that God answers all questions. it sounds too good to be true. Well, here's what he answers in: Yes, No, Wait and see. No matter what you ask, or wish to know, these answers will always be met, no matter what the situation. Look at it this way: I put a jug of milk on the counter in front of you. i tell you that if you pray to the milk it with answer your prayers. you are reluctant at first, but decide to try it out. after you have made your prayer, i tel lyou in answers all prayers in the from of yes, no, or wait and see. Now, lets pretend you prayed for a 250$ bonus at work. here's the situations that can happen: 1) the next day, you get a 260$ bonus. just what you needed, and then some. 2) The next day, you're informed that your buisness is crashing and needs lower bonuses to save money. 3)the next day, nothing happens. As you can see, this expressed all three of the answers. if you look closely, no matter what you ever ask it can be answered in these three ways. You may Happen to get that bonus tomorow; yes. you may be informed of those cuts; no. or nothing happens at all; wait and see. Eventually it'll be narrowed down to Yes or No, but either way it seems as though god has answered your prayer. this is easy when anything that happens is "His Will". I have a few "theories" if you will. most of these apply to Chistianity only, but the one i have that stands out mostly that affects all religions is this: Why would a "higher being" let people have to choose their religion? The answer to you may be simple: it's to test your faith. I beleive that if he wants you to follow his "laws", then why does he hide those all behind a hide and seek game of "Find the TRUE Religion." Another thing. What makes the otehr religions wrong? Chistians, how is the islamic Allah, or any other religions gods not the right one? I beleive if there is a "True religion" it'd be found at the source of existance, AND be spread widly starting at that time. chistianity has half of that down as far as i can tell. If what the bible says is true, then at the Garden of Eden, chistianty was developed to the extent of beliveing in "That God" as the true God. If this is so, then why did Chirstianity not get spread widly untill later times? where did the people that didn't even know of this religion go? did they get sent to Hell because of simply not knowing of the religon because it was not spread quickly enough? After typing this part, it did occur to me that they were saved because i do beleive it says somewhere that all who have never had the chance to accept Jesus Christ as their savior, as saved automaticly. but, it still dosn't show that other gods and religions are wrong. I suppose this is the biggest mystery that ever hit the earth, and probabally ever will. Feel free to post back and i'd love to have a conversation wiht you.

~~ Jac, the 14 year old atheist.

Hello fellow freethinker.
05-12-2008, 02:45 AM
I have always wondered what Happens to people that never heard of Jesus and died, Did they just get a free pass to heaven or go to hell for not believing in him?

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
-Buddha
05-12-2008, 07:50 AM
Believe nothing, but the essence of truth itself
05-19-2008, 03:14 AM
God Rocks - The fact that matter requires a point of origin does not immediately lead to the conclusion that a conscious creator above the laws of physics somehow created it. In fact, that's a counter-intuitive conclusion, as God would be as bound as the rest of the Universe in his inability to create something from nothing if it is truly a physical law that this cannot be done. (Ugly sentence, that, but whatever)

M-Theory, an extension of String Theory, an as of yet unverified but mathmatically solid unification of Quantum Mechanics and General Relativity indicates that the 'origin' of matter/energy in our universe stems from a collision with another 11-dimension universe similar to our own. This is by no means proven science, but it is the most comprehensive and valid theory currently available, and has a lot going for it in terms of evidence, though nothing conclusive yet.

Using God as an answer, as you yourself have pointed out, leads to more questions, or more aptly, a paradox. A paradox, by its very definition, is an abberation of nature, and cannot exist in the natural world. Encountering one with God is not evidence that God is above paradox, but rather definitive logical proof that the God of this particular paradox is an impossible one, and therefore, not a valid answer. While nothing can ever be conclusively disproven (it's not how science works) the strongest logical evidence we have when considering the non-existance of something (anything) is when the hypothesis of its existence leads to inescapable paradox, such as this case. It doesn't prove there isn't a God, because there's no way to prove such a thing, but it's pretty damn close.
06-03-2008, 03:39 PM
God Rocks Wrote:It's scientific fact that matter can't be created, so where did it come from?

I'm interesting in seeing what other people think about this.

E=mc2 gets really close to the answer.
Energy = Matter
Matter = Energy

*from wiki*
The Higgs boson is a hypothetical massive scalar elementary particle predicted to exist by the Standard Model of particle physics. It is the only Standard Model particle not yet observed, but would help explain how otherwise massless elementary particles still manage to construct mass in matter. In particular, it would explain the difference between the massless photon and the relatively massive W and Z bosons. Elementary particle masses, and the differences between electromagnetism (caused by the photon) and the weak force (caused by the W and Z bosons), are critical to many aspects of the structure of microscopic (and hence macroscopic) matter; thus, if it exists, the Higgs boson has an enormous effect on the world around us.

The Large Hadron Collider, when activated, it is theorized that the collider will produce the elusive Higgs boson, the observation of which could confirm the predictions and "missing links" in the Standard Model of physics and could explain how other elementary particles acquire properties such as mass. The verification of the existence of the Higgs boson would be a significant step in the search for a Grand Unified Theory, which seeks to unify three of the four known fundamental forces: electromagnetism, the strong nuclear force and the weak nuclear force, leaving out only gravity. The Higgs boson may also help to explain why gravitation is so weak compared to the other three forces. In addition to the Higgs boson, other theorized novel particles that might be produced, and for which searches are planned, include strangelets, micro black holes, magnetic monopoles and supersymmetric particles.

"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes."

-Gene Roddenberry, Creator of Star Trek

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Most Invalid Atheist Argument Holy Babylon 76 9,213 03-20-2011 11:53 AM
Last Post: Painkiller
  An Atheist's argument about God Dmanao 40 6,779 11-14-2009 11:10 AM
Last Post: TheSoul

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)