Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Attitudes toward Atheism: Survey
02-17-2010, 02:59 PM
Attitudes toward Atheism: Survey
I would like to know your opinions on atheism, your views on evolution and intelligent design and your preferences in cognitive patterns. To participate, follow the link:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Atheism

This survey is for my Honours Thesis course, it takes about 10 minutes to complete, it is confidential and will really help me graduate! Thank you for your participation!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2010, 11:42 AM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2010 11:43 AM by StarStuff.)
RE: Attitudes toward Atheism: Survey
(02-17-2010 02:59 PM)PolinKa Wrote:  I would like to know your opinions on atheism, your views on evolution and intelligent design and your preferences in cognitive patterns. To participate, follow the link:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Atheism

This survey is for my Honours Thesis course, it takes about 10 minutes to complete, it is confidential and will really help me graduate! Thank you for your participation!

Is this seriously an academic poll?

No offense, but if it is, you're approaching this in ENTIRELY the wrong way.

Your specifically posting it to the atheist section of this board, which means you are not getting anything close to an unbiased sample.

Your questions are very leading and have an inherent bias (basically, the user has to choose between answering "I like using my brain" and "I'm stupid dur hur")

Are you hoping to find a correlation between religion/atheism and lack of critical thinking? Do you think you're going to be able to reliably find such a correlation by simply hoping stupid people will admit they're stupid?
02-18-2010, 01:09 PM
(02-18-2010 11:42 AM)Geoffrey Taucer Wrote:  Your specifically posting it to the atheist section of this board, which means you are not getting anything close to an unbiased sample.

It was also posted to General Religion. Multiple postings of the same thing in different forums are usually a no-no but in this case it made sense.
02-19-2010, 02:19 AM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2010 03:16 AM by lastmikvehlastDay.)
I have a question, it is much more of a question than a statement. I wonder if "attitudes towards" might include the behavior of ? I apologize for the "Off Topic". I-have been on many boards and almost to a man the Atheists seem to be very immature, seem too self-assured, and honestly "act like" a bunch of Jackazzes. With 'this' stereotype, I can think of a different set of questions concerning their 'behaviour' that might be rather interesting
Before I get into insane amounts of trouble. Do I think all atheists are immature? No! Of course not. [It's] Not that I don't respect atheists, but I'm very much referring to their responses to theists.
02-19-2010, 05:42 AM
(02-19-2010 02:19 AM)lastmikvehlastDay Wrote:  I have a question, it is much more of a question than a statement. I wonder if "attitudes towards" might include the behavior of ? I apologize for the "Off Topic". I-have been on many boards and almost to a man the Atheists seem to be very immature, seem too self-assured, and honestly "act like" a bunch of Jackazzes. With 'this' stereotype, I can think of a different set of questions concerning their 'behaviour' that might be rather interesting
Before I get into insane amounts of trouble. Do I think all atheists are immature? No! Of course not. [It's] Not that I don't respect atheists, but I'm very much referring to their responses to theists.

In general the atheists here are of a different flavor. We don't have the type that answers everything or periodically starts a new thread with a stock cut and paste from some atheist database and responds to any replies with insults. (Yes I have been to that one too.) Neither do we have the 'rebel without a religion - aren't you shocked?' type. In general Wink the atheists here are willing to communicate in the same spirit as is granted to them.
02-19-2010, 12:03 PM
(02-19-2010 02:19 AM)lastmikvehlastDay Wrote:  I have a question, it is much more of a question than a statement. I wonder if "attitudes towards" might include the behavior of ? I apologize for the "Off Topic". I-have been on many boards and almost to a man the Atheists seem to be very immature, seem too self-assured, and honestly "act like" a bunch of Jackazzes. With 'this' stereotype, I can think of a different set of questions concerning their 'behaviour' that might be rather interesting

I'm probably guilty of a certain amount of immaturity, simply due to my sarcastic bent and enjoyment of potty humor. Other than that, I think I do my best to treat everyone fairly and focus on the ideas expressed rather than the person expressing them.

You really should read some of this forum before making any generalizations of the atheists here.

---------------
Not selling anything.
03-01-2010, 01:18 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2010 01:31 PM by lastmikvehlastDay.)
Quote:I think I do my best to treat everyone fairly and focus on the ideas .. rather than the person expressing them

Please FOR THE SAKE OF Atheists EVERYWHERE. Oh, Do let this be known All I run into is people on the forum two steps away from "baiting" one another!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)