Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
BEER!!!!!!!!
04-21-2011, 04:56 AM
BEER!!!!!!!!
As promised, instead of high-jacking a thread about the ultimate question, although I would contend that beer is probably worthy of the ultimate answer status, here is probably a more appropriate thread.

As I was pointing out to Huitaca, not all Aussie beer is terrible. There are some breweries in Western Australia, because all the best things come out of Western Australia, that make some fairly decent beers. Such as Little Creatures, though I doubt you will find much of that outside of Aus.

James Squire make some pretty tasty beers as well. I am especially fond of their Golden Ale and their Pilsner. But all of their beers are very drinkable.

The problem in Aus is the price of beer. The beers that are drinkable run at about AUS$55-60 for a carton (24 "stubbies") This is the main reason that I have resorted to home brewing. I can make a really nice beer for about $35 for 20 litres and about 3 hours of my time.

The reason that Fourex is called XXXX is because they are not allowed to print SH*T on the side of the can!

He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how. - Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-21-2011, 06:32 AM
RE: BEER!!!!!!!!
No it's not Flip. You know very well that banana benders can't spell beer.

????????????????
04-21-2011, 06:52 AM
(04-21-2011 06:32 AM)kevlar Wrote:  No it's not Flip. You know very well that banana benders can't spell beer.

That is another perfectly acceptable theory as well Kev. I can't believe anyone actually can choke the stuff down myself.

04-21-2011, 08:08 AM
Does anyone remember Stag beer? There was a little store outside Chicago that would sell it for $3.98 a case. As kids we would drive there and load up with the nasty stuff. The trick was not to get pulled over by the local police who would watch the store.
They wouldn’t give you a ticket or arrest you for being under age, half the time they wouldn’t get out of there cars, they would just take your beer and make you carry it to there cars and then you said thank you to them
The worst ones name was Jim Albrecht, I haven’t thought about that in years
04-21-2011, 08:44 AM
Although I'm not a huge beer drinker one of my favourites is Tripel Karmeliet, a Belgian ale - so, top fermented as well as bottle conditioned. Is tasty! I've had a few other trappist beers as well and they are good.
04-21-2011, 09:26 AM
Beer, don't care what it costs, just so long as they never lose the recipe....Tongue

????????????????
04-21-2011, 01:30 PM
I've made beer and mead before for religious reasons, but normally if I'm just drinking to drink (which is very rare) it's something like Innis & Gunn if I'm using it to chase whiskey or Mackeson Stout if I just want a beer.

Or, y'know, Guinness. But I tend to avoid that unless it's for Irish Car Bombs because everyone drinks it.
04-21-2011, 02:05 PM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2011 02:14 PM by StarStuff.)
As Homer Simpson once said: "Alcohol; the cause of and solution to most of the world's problems"

I'm partial to Highland Black when I can find it (which I usually can't), and Guinness or Yeungling at all other times.

No single step in the search for enlightenment should ever be considered sacred; only the search should.
-Ann Druyan
04-21-2011, 06:18 PM
I do not drink.... but wanted to add to the thread.

If everyone was thinking the same thing, then no one would be thinking at all.
04-21-2011, 08:40 PM
I don't mind the odd pint of Guinness myself but I much prefer a brown ale like Newcastle Brown. Another of my favourites if I am drinking in a pub is a 50/50 or black and tan. Half a pint of lager and the other half stout. Usually it will be Tooheys New and Tooheys Old because it is fairly common to find both on tap here. My mates and I call it a Tooheys Now. I am going to brew up a keg of lager and a keg of stout so I can have them at home for my 40th later in the year.

How does that Dean Martin saying go, I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)