Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Barrier between sweet and salt water
01-14-2010, 04:47 AM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2010 09:40 PM by Parousia.)
Barrier between sweet and salt water
Content deleted. It consisted entirely of an uncredited copy/paste with no commentrary from the poster.

i wish i have more time to spend here on the forum
but ...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2010, 12:23 PM
RE: Barrier between sweet and salt water
The verse is too vague, and says absolutely nothing about science. Anyone living in that day would know that rivers were fresh and the ocean was salty, nothing remarkable here.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
01-14-2010, 03:49 PM
(01-14-2010 12:23 PM)GTseng3 Wrote:  The verse is too vague, and says absolutely nothing about science. Anyone living in that day would know that rivers were fresh and the ocean was salty, nothing remarkable here.

Read it again Madam, its saying about Sea, not comparing river and sea, how many sea you know or have been which is having sweet and sour water?
01-14-2010, 06:08 PM
I'm a sir, first of all. Second of all, you're right. The latter verse is only talking about an ocean. Which means... it's wrong.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
01-14-2010, 07:40 PM
Third of all the the opening post is simply a cut/paste job, with no reference to its source, which is violating forum rules.
01-14-2010, 09:38 PM
(01-14-2010 07:40 PM)Zagreus Wrote:  Third of all the the opening post is simply a cut/paste job, with no reference to its source, which is violating forum rules.

Right you are.
01-15-2010, 05:27 AM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2010 05:32 AM by derprinz.)
sorry about violating the rules
i repeat quickly so who have a common sense can take a benefit

“It is He Who has let free the two bodies of flowing water: one palatable and sweet, and the other salty and bitter; yet has He made a barrier between them, and a partition that is forbidden to be passed. (Al-Qur’an 25:53)

for more : here

(01-14-2010 12:23 PM)GTseng3 Wrote:  The verse is too vague, and says absolutely nothing about science. Anyone living in that day would know that rivers were fresh and the ocean was salty, nothing remarkable here.

that's very funny from you
read again

i wish i have more time to spend here on the forum
but ...
01-15-2010, 11:38 PM
Upon further reading, I have realized that it still says the exact same thing. The sura is not speaking of an estuary. The sura is not speaking about anything that was not well known in the Muslim world. The verse is too vague, and is not a clear representation of future science. Instead, it's simply a poetic statement of what was already known by everyone when the Quran was written.

01-16-2010, 04:04 AM (This post was last modified: 01-16-2010 05:39 AM by TruthWon.)
(01-15-2010 11:38 PM)GTseng3 Wrote:  Upon further reading, I have realized that it still says the exact same thing. The sura is not speaking of an estuary. The sura is not speaking about anything that was not well known in the Muslim world. The verse is too vague, and is not a clear representation of future science. Instead, it's simply a poetic statement of what was already known by everyone when the Quran was written.

So every1 knows at that time there is 1 sea, which have both sweet and salt water?
Can you please confirm, that when Muhammad (pbuh) travelled to sea, and he got to know about this feature of salt and sweet water?
Bring always evidence of what you say and claim, statements does;nt count much, as its not authentic my friend,
01-16-2010, 10:32 AM (This post was last modified: 01-16-2010 10:32 AM by GTseng3.)
You are aware that Muhammed lived in the middle east, right? Relatively small bit of land surrounded by two salt-water oceans? And that they had been recently conquered by the Romans, who had a vast empire that stretched from the Atlantic to the Indian?

People in the past were not idiots, you know. They did know some things.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Miracle of ZamZam Water islamhome 3 685 07-23-2014 08:42 PM
Last Post: KAYSER

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)