Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Beard or Mustache?
08-01-2013, 09:41 PM
Beard or Mustache?
So a very ridiculous conversation came up at work today revolving around my beard and I'm looking for outside opinions. It started with someone saying I had a mustache and I replied that I don't and just have a beard.

So does someone with a full beard have a mustache

OR

Does someone with a full beard not have a mustache and just classify the region of hair above the lip as "mustache hair."

"Torah's food for my brain let it rain til I drown, thunder, let the blessings come down!"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2013, 09:56 PM
RE: Beard or Mustache?
I think that a mustache is a facial hairstyle, not a region of hair. So I agree with you.
08-01-2013, 10:33 PM
It depends,
to me if the beard and mustache are not connected they are separate but if the hair is connected then it is just a beard.

Personally I can't keep any facial hair, my employer would fire me if I did. But I use to have a goatee with super long hair. My hair is still long but not as long.

"Hidden underneath the stoned cold surface of every Pious Person lays buried a Kinky Pervert, Stop bringing shovels, Where not digging!"-Azrael
08-01-2013, 11:44 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2013 12:45 AM by Yefet.)
kadosh I think it depends on how you look at it, the beard and Mustache have two different names in Hebrew but almost all will say its one thing and falls under laws of not cutting the corners, in Chassidus they have been arguing over this forever. One Rabbi will say its the same others will say its not. There is only one real mention and that is in Samuel where Mephibosheth ben Saul meets the king without asa or making fashionable which one would assume Trimming if you can trim it then its not part of zaqan or beard but many say the opposite so its one of life's great mysteries
08-02-2013, 08:19 AM
I don't think the hair above the lip needs to be connected to the rest of the beard to undistinguished it from the rest of the beard because they are working all together to contribute to the whole/full beard.

"Torah's food for my brain let it rain til I drown, thunder, let the blessings come down!"
08-06-2013, 05:24 PM
(08-01-2013 09:41 PM)kadosh7 Wrote:  So a very ridiculous conversation came up at work today revolving around my beard and I'm looking for outside opinions. It started with someone saying I had a mustache and I replied that I don't and just have a beard.

So does someone with a full beard have a mustache

OR

Does someone with a full beard not have a mustache and just classify the region of hair above the lip as "mustache hair."

Here's an indepth look at the different mustaches and beards over the course of religion- Big Grin

http://www.religiousverse.com/forum/4-lo...istry#1915
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)