Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Belief in Mythology and Gods of Strength
07-15-2010, 12:54 AM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2010 01:18 AM by StrengthAndHonor.)
Belief in Mythology and Gods of Strength
Hello, I'm not exactly a religious person but I considered myself a Laveyan Satanist (No, if you are mature you will understand I did not worship the devil) But I take a stronger meaning in believing in Mythology. Sometimes made up characters from mythical lore, fantasy books, ect. I'm going to assume that I'm very much in the niche here but I like to look at Tolkiens work and a video game called "Warcraft" which has some very intellectual lore history written by some great writers. I believe in such characters and it really gives me strength.

I share a common bond with my few friends who believe in Old Ways such as honor, strength, courage - The sort of stuff in Norse and Greek Mythology. It gives me great strength when I think of such deities and that they may exist and that they are knowing of our way to search for the older ways that have been forgotten over centuries.

I'm not exactly a fan of Christianity, either. I do not support this religion because I view Jesus as a symbol of weakness.

I hope you can all understand.

Peace and Honor, brothers.

Are there any like minded people here that understand me or are there places you could reccomend?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-15-2010, 03:52 AM
RE: Belief in Mythology and Gods of Strength
yeah my leg is thor

????????????????
07-15-2010, 08:10 AM
Well, Kev, at least you didn't hit your thumb this time with the Thor's Hammer. Wink

The old gods are gone, replaced by the Creator who knows that humanity was stifled for most of human history by men who valued physical strength in themselves and in their armed men as weapons of conquest and control. This would be the natural order of human beings one would have thought looking at the animal world where brute strength dictates animal life, the strong killing the weaker members one way or another. But somewhere along the line the Creator upgraded human consciousness and allowed the most intelligent human leaders to come to realize societies founded on the natural model of the strong rule the weak only kept human societies in chains as the creative power of humanity is often manifest in those who for whatever reasons do not join in the quest for power over others. Their minds are directed to helping others with their smarts instead of trying always to get to the top of the heap.

Jesus Christ of course provided the world's most powerful icon of self-sacrifice of power over humanity for love of humanity. Such sacrifice is the only way humankind will evolve beyond the animal world which otherwise rules men's minds making them think the quest for power is the only option for self-worth when in reality it is the final vestige of lower consciousness carried over from our lives as animals.
07-15-2010, 08:27 AM
(07-15-2010 03:52 AM)kevlar Wrote:  yeah my leg is thor

My back is thor because I pulled a muthle in it last week...Big Grin
07-15-2010, 09:50 AM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2010 09:52 AM by StrengthAndHonor.)
I believe in social darwinism. That is how it should be.
The stronger, the brave, (who aren't necessarily tyrants or evil but those who fought for thier homes, their shores and their loved ones against raiders)
should be the ones who are hailed.

Do you guys know if their is any place that shares the same belief?
I realise I'm the niche here, it's all good.

Also, Biomystic - I strongly dislike the fact that we are a world full of weak, close minded people, technology reliant (Altho I love technology because it's part of my job)
and worst of all - We use guns. There is no honor in that.

Me and my friends believe in "Honor thy bloodstained sheild and thy sharpened blade" sort of thing.
I'm a fan of bands like ManoWar
Here is a lyric from Hymn of the Immortal Warrior

"Take thy shield, take thy sword, all thy weapons to the sky, he shall need them when Odin bid thee rise"

=]

It's very epic.
07-15-2010, 10:31 AM
How much can you bench press?
07-15-2010, 01:37 PM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2010 01:39 PM by hillbilly.)
i was always a "abe's odessey" man ( platform game ).......one of the best play station games ever to come out . spent many a night banging my head off the tv , trying to get on to the next level.......totaly under rated game .
(07-15-2010 10:31 AM)lostsurf9111 Wrote:  How much can you bench press?
.....how many can you? .
07-15-2010, 02:20 PM
(07-15-2010 09:50 AM)StrengthAndHonor Wrote:  I believe in social darwinism. That is how it should be.
The stronger, the brave, (who aren't necessarily tyrants or evil but those who fought for thier homes, their shores and their loved ones against raiders)
should be the ones who are hailed.

Do you guys know if their is any place that shares the same belief?
I realise I'm the niche here, it's all good.

Also, Biomystic - I strongly dislike the fact that we are a world full of weak, close minded people, technology reliant (Altho I love technology because it's part of my job)
and worst of all - We use guns. There is no honor in that.

Me and my friends believe in "Honor thy bloodstained sheild and thy sharpened blade" sort of thing.
I'm a fan of bands like ManoWar
Here is a lyric from Hymn of the Immortal Warrior

"Take thy shield, take thy sword, all thy weapons to the sky, he shall need them when Odin bid thee rise"

=]

It's very epic.

Then I'm sure you will be a Hamas supporter. Good for you! I support the liberation of Palestine but not by force of arms but by changing people's hearts and minds through education of the issues involved and through democratic process. Social Darwinism, btw, is the precursor to fascism and as I pointed out above, these are carryovers from prehistoric times when the strongest dominate males ruled the clan. If you want people to live like animals, stick with social Darwinism. The Meek shall inherit the earth otherwise there won't be an earth to inherit. Meek is not weak btw, but a strength of a different kind.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Difference between a belief and a belief system. rocketboy9000 6 1,616 07-20-2012 09:38 PM
Last Post: URAVIP2ME
  This Business Of Belief Vs. Non Belief thomasj6299 15 2,149 05-16-2012 07:52 AM
Last Post: URAVIP2ME
  Belief in fantasy Gods. Literalists and Fundamentals. Greatest I am 27 3,900 05-11-2011 03:03 PM
Last Post: oracle

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)