Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bereans
05-11-2009, 01:02 AM
Bereans
Acts 17:11
Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.
The bereans were "More Noble" because they did not believe in "Scripture Alone": They LISTENED to Paul!
The Thessalonians were the people that believed in "Scripture Alone" they refused to listen to Paul!
The Thessalonians have an EXCUSE for rejecting the church, they were NOT told in their "OLD TESTAMENT Scriptures"; Listen to the Church" as the Protestant of today is!
The Protestant of today has in his "NEW Testment Scriptures" Listen to the Church, or be treated as a Pagan!
A "PAGAN" is a Person OUTSIDE of the body of God!

The Protestant REJECTS the words of Jesus, to believe the man made doctrine of Luther! The Protestant MUST Reject the scriptures!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2009, 09:23 AM
RE: Bereans
For the love of . . .

Dogknox. You've ALREADY STARTED THIS THREAD. Somewhere else. This exact same thread. And your theories were utterly ripped apart by anyone who actually reads the Bible. It's bad enough that you repeated exactly the same post throughout the thread, now you're starting new threads where you say exactly the same thing?

Not cool, man.
05-12-2009, 10:56 AM
Who is paul? I know a paul.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-01-2013, 05:52 PM
(05-11-2009 01:02 AM)Dogknox Wrote:  Acts 17:11
Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.
The bereans were "More Noble" because they did not believe in "Scripture Alone": They LISTENED to Paul!
The Thessalonians were the people that believed in "Scripture Alone" they refused to listen to Paul!
The Thessalonians have an EXCUSE for rejecting the church, they were NOT told in their "OLD TESTAMENT Scriptures"; Listen to the Church" as the Protestant of today is!
The Protestant of today has in his "NEW Testment Scriptures" Listen to the Church, or be treated as a Pagan!
A "PAGAN" is a Person OUTSIDE of the body of God!

The Protestant REJECTS the words of Jesus, to believe the man made doctrine of Luther! The Protestant MUST Reject the scriptures!

In re-reading Acts 17, I would disagree with two of your main assertions. First, the audience to whom we are told about Paul's contending for the faith were Jews, not Thessalonian Christians or Protestants by any definition. Acts 17:1 clearly states they were preaching to Jews in a synagogue. Finally, 17:12 praises the Bereans for examining the scripture, not for following edicts from Paul. ". . . for they received the word with great eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so." I would like to ask for an elaboration of the following point, I'm quite intrigued by it:

Dogknox:
Quote:The Protestant REJECTS the words of Jesus, to believe the man made doctrine of Luther! The Protestant MUST Reject the scriptures!

Great topic btw, I'm just loving the discussions here! Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)