Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bible Alone?....
11-28-2008, 04:40 PM
Bible Alone?....
Where does it say in the Bible that the Bible and the Bible alone is the sole rule of faith?

"I find your lack of faith disturbing..."-Darth Vader
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-17-2009, 09:00 AM (This post was last modified: 04-17-2009 09:01 AM by George.)
RE: Bible Alone?....
Very good question.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-17-2009, 05:32 PM
(11-28-2008 04:40 PM)The Grey Pilgrim Wrote:  Where does it say in the Bible that the Bible and the Bible alone is the sole rule of faith?

Where does it say that you have to trust the last absolute monarchy on earth as being the very fount of all light and wisdom?
04-19-2009, 12:38 AM
Quote:Where does it say that you have to trust the last absolute monarchy on earth as being the very fount of all light and wisdom?

Interesting question. Can you re-phrase this please. I do not fully understand?
04-19-2009, 10:27 AM
CHURCH AUTHORITY
NOTE: Acts 17:11
Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.
These BEREANS were MORE Noble because they listened to Paul (church) plus Scripture.

These Berean’s were MORE NOBLE because they were NOT TOLD to listen to the Church!
Their "Old Testament" Scriptures do NOT have written; "LISTEN TO THE CHURCH", as our scriptures do!
The Berean’s did NOT believe in "Scripture ALONE" they LISTENED to the Church without being told to listen!!

They were MORE NOBLE because they listened anyway!
Their "OLD TESTAMENT" Scriptures do not have written,."Listen to the Church"!
AS our NEW TESTAMENT does!!!

The Thessalonians were LESS NOBLE they rejected the teaching of Church (Paul) but they HAVE AN EXCUSE for NOT Listening to Church: Their "OLD TESTAMENT" scriptures do NOT have written."Listen to the Church"!
AS our NEW TESTAMENT does!!!
These Thessalonians were less noble because they believed in "Scripture ALONE"!

They rejected the TEACHINGS of "The CHURCH"!

I hate to say it but...The Protestant is NOT NOBLE!
The Protestant REJECTS the Church, they refuse to Listen to the Church.
The Protestant DOES have written in their "NEW TESTAMENT" Scriptures: "LISTEN TO THE CHURCH!"

REJECT the scriptures...and you reject the words of God...
Just as Martin Luther rejected these scriptures!!
We have NO EXCUSE as the Thessalonians did,
Our NEW TESTAMENT SCRIPTURES TELL US:
"Listen to the Church or be treated as a Pagan"!
"A PAGAN" is a person OUTSIDE of the body of God!
Martin Luther REJECTED this verse, he rejected the scriptures.

Those with roots back to Martin Luther also REJECT the "New Testament" they have NO EXCUSE, when they stand in front of God!
God tells everyone...
"The CHURCH is his body, The CHURCH is HOLY, The CHURCH is the pillar of Truth, He is ALWAYS with his CHURCH to the end of the age, The CHURCH has the authority of GOD to TEACH ALL NATIONS!"
Reject Church and Reject Jesus, the Man MADE Doctrine of "Scripture ALONE" is "Anti-Christ"!
04-19-2009, 12:47 PM
(11-28-2008 04:40 PM)The Grey Pilgrim Wrote:  Where does it say in the Bible that the Bible and the Bible alone is the sole rule of faith?

Nowhere.

monk
Episcopal/Anglican/Religion Community
04-19-2009, 06:54 PM
Depending on your interpretation. Protestants often use John's charge at the end of Revelations not to add or take away from the Bible as evidence of solo scriptura. The verse that Dogknox keeps intentionally misunderstanding shows the Bereans being blessed because they judged Paul according to the scriptures, not taking him at his word. Also, the Bible declares Christians to be kings and priests through Christ, with the implication being that other priests were no longer necessary.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head (I'm out of town right now and I don't have my normal reference material handy). I'm pretty sure there's something else in Hebrews, but for the life of me I can't recall it at the moment.
04-20-2009, 01:28 AM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2009 01:29 AM by George.)
Is knowledge 'relative' to the individual and their interpretation of that truth?
04-20-2009, 09:41 AM
Knowledge is knowledge. It's what you know. You can know things that are wrong, if you've been misled or you misunderstood. Truth, on the other hand, is always truth, regardless of your knowledge. If there is a God, then all the logic I use to disprove his existance doesn't change the truth. If there's not a God (as I believe,) then all the exhortations of the theists does not change that truth.
04-21-2009, 10:31 AM
1)Scripture can't be ALONE, scripture tells us.."The Church" has the AUTHORITY of God to TEACH all Nations!

2)Scriptures tell us.. "Scriptures are USEFUL for Teaching and Rebuking etc" Church TEACHES and CHURCH Rebukes the scriptures don't. YES the Scriptures are "USEFUL" but they are NOT Alone!

3)History points at "The CHURCH" history shows "The CHURCH" bringing Jesus to the masses, for the first fifteen hundred years there were very few bibles; Bibles were expensive works of art, owned by the rich.
Until the printing press it was only "The CHURCH" teaching about Jesus that brought salvation to men!

4)Scriptures, point to the CHURCH.. *"It is Holy, *it has God's authority to TEACH, *man MUST Listen to the Church, *The Church is the body of God, *Jesus loves the Church, *The Church is the BRIDE, *The gates of hell will NOT prevail against the Church, *Jesus feeds the Church, etc

5) The DOCTRINE if "Scripture Alone" is man made.
Martin Luther made the doctrine, he was by himself, it was just him that made the doctrine, ONLY Luther.. ONE MAN! Scripture is clear, "When two or three come together in God's name he is with them!" God was NOT with Martin Luther!

6) If you believe the TEACHING of Martin Luther- "Scripture Alone"- then you are stuck in a LIE!
Believing the TEACHING, tells you that you are believing Martin Luther PLUS Scripture..... NOT.... Scripture Alone! Scripture ALONE tells you Church can't teach, it tells you no one can teach... ONLY SCRIPTURE!

7) Luther said.. "I don't need CHURCH, all I need is scripture"! He said Church was headed by Satan, thus he BELIEVED that Somehow.. "Satan OVERPOWERED God and Satan TOOK God's body away from God"! Thus by believing this.. he was rejecting Scripture... Scripture is CLEAR.."Jesus will be with his CHURCH ALWAYS, to the very end of the age!

8) Luther was a Catholic Priest, he was AMONG the Catholic Church.
2 Peter 2:1
But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves.
2 Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.
NOTE... This PROPHESY can NOT work in the reverse... "The Catholic Church was NOT AMONG Martin Luther!"
It can only work this way "Martin Luther was AMONG the Catholic Church Martin Luther was "AMONG YOU"!!
This can only mean.. "The Catholic Church is the WAY OF TRUTH"!

Dogknox

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)