Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bible Verse? Um...
07-10-2013, 09:22 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2013 09:23 AM by MoonCanvas.)
Bible Verse? Um...
How come theists occasionally try to convert atheists by quoting a bible verse? What good does it do?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2013, 09:25 AM
RE: Bible Verse? Um...
Depends. Some know that there are good verses in the bible, that appeal to many. Others see the reasoning in the bible, while circular, as good enough reason to believe. Such as, we know there is a God, because the bible says so. We know the bible is right and the word of God, because the bible says so. The bible came from God, because the bible says so. So God is right, wrote the bible, and the bible tells us, that God is right. Others use the verses, because it is part of what makes them believe, and feel that if they share that, it will make more sense to those that do not believe. Basically, if something makes sense to me, then I would share it, thinking that if it makes sense to me, it should make sense to others.

If everyone was thinking the same thing, then no one would be thinking at all.
07-10-2013, 09:26 AM
RE: Bible Verse? Um...
You mean Abrahamists. I have never really seen Hindus or Buddhists quoting scripture. Jews, Christians, and Muslims do.

Depends on the Theist. If they're trying to convert you, that's the very reason why the Bible verses follow.

If they're not trying to convert you, it may be for clarification, or to invoke an agreed-upon source by a Christian, Jew, Muslim, etc.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Cool A verse from The holy book omshebeeb 2 653 05-31-2012 02:29 PM
Last Post: EqualAtheist

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)