Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Bible like and dislikes
06-28-2013, 10:23 AM
Bible like and dislikes
Hypothetically, if you get a chance to revamp the bible, what would you take out and what would you add in?

For example, I would allow the acceptance of Homosexuals in God's eyes and the acceptance of gay marriages.

I would take out verses like:
The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: 'Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever. It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy. Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.' (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)

because it's not relevant any more.

Note: if you've got no suggestions, or don't like the though of this hypothetical question, please don't abuse and just walk on by. I'm not here to insult anyone.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-28-2013, 10:29 AM (This post was last modified: 06-28-2013 10:34 AM by Painkiller.)
RE: Bible like and dislikes
As has been stated on your other thread, God, I don't see why you're talking about changing the Bible. Why not just a hypothetical set of rules for all cultures to follow, or a set if universal human doctrines? I'm not offended by the idea, I just wonder why you seem to be investing so much importance into one specific religious text that you openly claim that you have no belief in, respect for or appreciation of. Do you live in an environment where Christianity is seen as the only real viable option?
Find all posts by this user
06-28-2013, 10:34 AM
(06-28-2013 10:29 AM)Painkiller Wrote:  As has been stated on your other thread, God, I don't see why you're talking about changing the Bible. Why not just a hypothetical set of rules for all cultures to follow, or a set if universal human doctrines. I'm not offended by the idea, I just wonder why you seem to be investing so much importance into one specific religious text that you openly claim that you have no belief in, respect for or appreciation of. Do you live in an environment where Christianity is seen as the only real viable option?

If you have read my previous posts, I have been a christian for 30 years. So yes I am tied to Christianity, my friends and families are mostly christians.

My investment is really non of your concern. Why are you investing so much importance in bringing me down? Just allow the discussion to go on with an open mind.

Stick to the questions please.
06-28-2013, 10:40 AM
You're here to get people angry, wind them up and show what a big tough iconoclast you are, Nads. You know it, and I know it. Anyone who wants to debate with you is free to do so, but don't think anyone's fooled.

Take care now.
06-28-2013, 10:41 AM
So what are you going to tell your family and freinds whom you converted to christianity?
Oh, I was wrong.......
I was mistaken....

what are they going to say about your new Bible?
maybe you are wrong this time too....

Click Here to know more about Islam
06-28-2013, 10:42 AM (This post was last modified: 06-28-2013 10:45 AM by godnads.)
(06-28-2013 10:40 AM)Painkiller Wrote:  You're here to get people angry, wind them up and show what a big tough iconoclast you are, Nads. You know it, and I know it. Anyone who wants to debate with you is free to do so, but don't think anyone's fooled.

Take care now.

You have your right to your opinions and I respect that.
(06-28-2013 10:41 AM)KAYSER Wrote:  So what are you going to tell your family and freinds whom you converted to christianity?
Oh, I was wrong.......
I was mistaken....

what are they going to say about your new Bible?
maybe you are wrong this time too....

We shall see.

Let me ask you, since you are a person from another faith. What don't you like about the Christian bible?
06-28-2013, 10:47 AM
(06-28-2013 10:42 AM)godnads Wrote:  You have your right to your opinions and I respect that.
We've had people here who actually wanted to do what you are doing for supposedly genuine theological reasons. They don't respond that calmly to criticism...ever.

06-28-2013, 10:51 AM
(06-28-2013 10:47 AM)IMtM Wrote:  
(06-28-2013 10:42 AM)godnads Wrote:  You have your right to your opinions and I respect that.
We've had people here who actually wanted to do what you are doing for supposedly genuine theological reasons. They don't respond that calmly to criticism...ever.

Thanks for the compliment.
06-28-2013, 10:53 AM
(06-28-2013 10:42 AM)godnads Wrote:  Let me ask you, since you are a person from another faith. What don't you like about the Christian bible?
I believe in the Bible even if i am not a christian,
I don't like the fact that it has been modified by people like you

Click Here to know more about Islam
06-28-2013, 10:55 AM
(06-28-2013 10:53 AM)KAYSER Wrote:  I believe in the Bible even if i am not a christian,
I don't like the fact that it has been modified by people like you

So which unmodified bible do you believe in?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)