Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bikes, Horse racing and Kabbalah
10-09-2017, 09:43 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2017 11:27 PM by Yefet.)
RE: Bikes, Horse racing and Kabbalah
Went down to visit the kids this weekend, what a place ! Spotless, and a very relaxing and beautiful place, (San Luis Rey Training Center) had 2 Heineken's and a BBQ lunch before they even carted us to the barn area, God forbid you should walk, I want to live there!
they clean in the Am then pick the stalls trough out the day, Sheel and Bernie are in two different barns, over 500 stalls and 2 medical facilitys, Sheel is with other mares and Bernie (named him Fan of Bernard) with other 2 yr old colts in training
Sheel is looking good and a handful to handle, she walks everyday on a treadmill and swims twice a week, she has her own turn out connected to the stall and comes and go as she pleases, will re x-ray in a month or two, scans have been negative, no heat or lameness, a good sign, and make decisions on her training based on how she is healing
Bernie is still new so he is in more of a tight training atmosphere, almost track like, They found a minor lung infection while in Quarantine, was told not a big deal, has been completely cleared up, We are waiting till after Christmas to start heavy training again, he worked pre sale at Keenland so he will get a lot of round pin work and a few light gallops to stay in shape. He has a better attitude and much easier to handle than sheel, he is just as well bred but just dosent have that breathtaking awe look sheel has, he looks like all the other 2 yr olds, we will see.
Looking for An Apt or Condo near Arcadia But everything down there is almost as high as here but want to be there to watch them run
Gambler back in training at Turf Paradise, they open the 14th, he is ready, well, as ready as he gets anyway and could be in the first week, depends on what races are written, he really needs a mile or more to be competitive.
Took lots of pictures and videos but haven't figured out this photobucket thing yet
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2017, 07:10 PM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2017 07:13 PM by Yefet.)
Gambler racing Monday 10/16 the 7th race at Turf Paradise, 8500 claiming, drop should help, 7 1/2 Furlongs on the turf, He has ran this distance twice with 2 seconds. Really needs to draw a check, he cant carry the other two but anything helps, he only worked once since last at Emerald, typical of him a very slow maintenance type work and he walks slowly to and from the track...LOL
10-16-2017, 10:14 AM
Maybe you need to invest in a Winnebago, Yefet!! Big Grin That would give you a fun trip and instant accommodations!!

I love reading about your kids, lol!

Best wishes on the race today!
10-16-2017, 03:10 PM
(10-16-2017 10:14 AM)Alison2 Wrote:  Maybe you need to invest in a Winnebago, Yefet!!

Great plan... if the horse loses out, you can always cook meth in the Winnebago Big Grin

Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it
10-16-2017, 04:14 PM (This post was last modified: 10-16-2017 04:49 PM by Yefet.)
(10-16-2017 10:14 AM)Alison2 Wrote:  Maybe you need to invest in a Winnebago, Yefet!! Big Grin That would give you a fun trip and instant accommodations!!

I love reading about your kids, lol!

Best wishes on the race today!

We got it all worked out, the Mrs dosent like it in LA, so I will go down by myself and stay in a friends house in sun valley, about an hr drive to arcadia but close enough, thanks for the BW's Ali
Not expecting a lot, its 97 degree's right now and he does not do well in the heat, there in the 4th race now, was told on his toes and feeling good but I learned a long time ago with him he runs well only when he wants to..LOL
They just went 22.13 44.69, it takes him longer than that to get out of the gate, they are flying and the front speed holding, dosent look good for plodder's like Gambler, The #6 horse has tons of front speed and dropping from 20K, oh well he needs the work anyway, has not been out for over a month and 1/2, (44 day to be exact)
10-16-2017, 06:10 PM (This post was last modified: 10-16-2017 06:24 PM by Yefet.)
Ran 4th, not a bad race but was on wrong lead most of stretch after swinging 5 wide caught behind traffic, about what we hoped for had lots of energy and galloped out well
Was not claimed so we will get them next time with a little more ground to work with! Don't know why he likes TP but he does
10-17-2017, 08:32 AM
Maybe he's just a late bloomer, Yefet.

I'm still hopeful!!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)