Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Billboard Message
07-13-2011, 01:48 PM
Billboard Message
Saw a Church billboard the other day that said....
Nothing harms the truth more then stretching it.

I thought that was interesting. Was curious if they knew about how that statement could work against them. Thoughts?

If everyone was thinking the same thing, then no one would be thinking at all.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-13-2011, 02:32 PM
RE: Billboard Message
Are you meaning the bible and how, from an atheistic view, it's untrue?
07-13-2011, 02:32 PM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2011 02:32 PM by Alison2.)
07-13-2011, 03:27 PM
People could look at it and say what a stupid message on a church billboard. They don't undestand truth very well. Truth cannot be harmed but a liar can wander from it.
07-13-2011, 03:50 PM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2011 04:11 PM by S-word.)
Billboard Message

TIME, is the greatest of all teachers, the only problem is, that he kills all his students.
07-13-2011, 03:54 PM
clock is ticking proverbs 8:36 "But whoever fails to find me harms himself; all who hate me love death"
07-14-2011, 07:26 AM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2011 07:31 AM by EqualAtheist.)
(07-13-2011 02:32 PM)Alison2 Wrote:  Are you meaning the bible and how, from an atheistic view, it's untrue?

Not completely...but from the point of view, the truth should be this....but then you have thousands of denominations saying no, the truth is this. I understand that most of the core beliefs in all denominations are usually that same, but to have so many versions of it, with slight variations, in my mind, is stretching it. So the billboard to me is a bold statement....basically we have the actual truth, any other church...is doing the worst thing that can be done to it. More like that.

I mean the obvious atheist view, is, your billboard is full of [censored]. You wouldn't know the truth if you fell into it, was covered in it, and could not wash it off. I try to look at things in different ways though. I mean imagine a Muslim reading that billboard and what they would think about it.
(07-13-2011 03:27 PM)Edward Wrote:  People could look at it and say what a stupid message on a church billboard. They don't undestand truth very well. Truth cannot be harmed but a liar can wander from it.

Or, you could get people like me, who ask, What is the truth, and how do we know it without proof. People like myself who realize, in the sum of this universe, how little we might actually know. Personally I do not think I could be arrogant enough to say....I know the truth about everything. I have ideas, but admit they could be wrong.

(07-13-2011 03:50 PM)S-word Wrote:  Billboard Message

TIME, is the greatest of all teachers, the only problem is, that he kills all his students.

I do not think time is a killer. I simply thing time goes on and we lack the ability to keep going with it.

(07-13-2011 03:54 PM)Edward Wrote:  clock is ticking proverbs 8:36 "But whoever fails to find me harms himself; all who hate me love death"

This goes back to the marketing thing I was talking about. Need to make it urgent to get people to buy, or else they keep putting it off.

If everyone was thinking the same thing, then no one would be thinking at all.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)