11-24-2009, 07:43 PM
Bishop Tobin...Chris Matthews..... Abortion
CHAPTER TWO
"YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF"
ARTICLE 5
THE FIFTH COMMANDMENT
I heard C.M. had a problem with Bishop Tobin

CATECHISM OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
2272 Formal cooperation in an abortion constitutes a grave offense. The Church attaches the canonical penalty of excommunication to this crime against human life. "A person who procures a completed abortion incurs excommunication latae sententiae,"77 "by the very commission of the offense,"78 and subject to the conditions provided by Canon Law.79 The Church does not thereby intend to restrict the scope of mercy. Rather, she makes clear the gravity of the crime committed, the irreparable harm done to the innocent who is put to death
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-25-2009, 12:43 AM
RE: Bishop Tobin...Chris Matthews..... Abortion
(11-24-2009 07:43 PM)catholicstation Wrote:  CHAPTER TWO
"YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF"
ARTICLE 5
THE FIFTH COMMANDMENT
I heard C.M. had a problem with Bishop Tobin

CATECHISM OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
2272 Formal cooperation in an abortion constitutes a grave offense. The Church attaches the canonical penalty of excommunication to this crime against human life. "A person who procures a completed abortion incurs excommunication latae sententiae,"77 "by the very commission of the offense,"78 and subject to the conditions provided by Canon Law.79 The Church does not thereby intend to restrict the scope of mercy. Rather, she makes clear the gravity of the crime committed, the irreparable harm done to the innocent who is put to death
=======================================
I would vote for this
====================================
I think they should fine and put in jail all abortion supporters who do not attend an ultrasound abortion

If their taxes are going to it - it should be mandatory they see it
11-25-2009, 01:56 AM
Is this you?
11-25-2009, 02:49 AM
Holy Babylon
Is this you?
------------------------------------------------
No - it is my doppelganger -

What do You want?
11-25-2009, 11:44 PM
I agree, abortions should be stopped. I am Pro-Life, not Pro-Choice. You can cut off the limbs and crush the skull of a baby, but you can't cut off the limbs and crush the skull of its father.
11-27-2009, 01:38 AM
Only a selfish fool would go through with an abortion!

It sickens me that people can be so casually cruel.

I hate sin.

"Hidden underneath the stoned cold surface of every Pious Person lays buried a Kinky Pervert, Stop bringing shovels, Where not digging!"-Azrael
11-27-2009, 07:08 AM
(11-27-2009 01:38 AM)Azrael17 Wrote:  Only a selfish fool would go through with an abortion!

It sickens me that people can be so casually cruel.

I hate sin.

No woman makes light of an abortion, and to think so is idiotic. I've said this in other threads, I have friends who have had no choice but to go down this route, so to call them selfish is just wrong. I have seen the psychological scars it leaves.

Both of you, that kind of comment is unjust. You are not women, and you do not know what it is like, so I suggest you check your own behaviour before judging others.

Az, especially with the comments you come out with I'd have expected better.
11-28-2009, 04:50 AM
Unjust? Did you not read my last post? Although the expecting mother may have no choice, neither does the baby; nor will it ever.
11-28-2009, 06:58 AM
(11-28-2009 04:50 AM)Holy Babylon Wrote:  Unjust? Did you not read my last post? Although the expecting mother may have no choice, neither does the baby; nor will it ever.

I apologise. I read both posts at once and saw red a bit at Azrael's, but lumped you both together. Years ago one of my closest friends called me in tears as she'd had to have a termination, so I take flippant remarks quite seriously. I disagree strongly with anyone who judges women who've had to have abortions, as it's not a clear cut case, in my opinion.

Babylon, you were referring to late term abortions, which I have to agree are a different ethical matter to early stage ones. Early stage is usually carried out taking a tablet which causes the body to reject the foetus. This is done before the pain receptors in the brain have developed, and it's basically aborting a bunch of cells at that point, even if it has started to look human.

Once pain receptors have developed, and that's a stage under debate in the medical community, then it becomes a different matter I believe. Especially since unborn babies can survive outside their mother at much earlier stages now due to science.

I do think there's a massive difference between killing a father, and killing something that's not been born yet, but I see your point. I have weighed all this up too, as I had to teach this subject, and so in order to not be biased I've researched most arguments for pro-life and pro-choice, but I still personally fall in the latter category.

The statistics in Europe also show there are less abortions where it is legal, (such as Switzerland I believe, but I'd have to check my old notes), whereas in Catholic Ireland there are lots of illegal ones, or the women have to travel to the UK to have it done.

Sorry to rant, but anyone who thinks women take it lightly (or most men for that matter) just don't know the facts and are trying to look at the subject too theoretically, not basing the ideas in reality.
11-28-2009, 03:32 PM
I understand that women don't take it lightly. One of my mother's friends was forced to have an abortion by her parents. She didn't want it and when she tried to hide her pregnancy, they found out anyways. In my opinion, a baby is developed the second egg and sperm meet; when all the DNA is laid down for the baby's future life, what it will look like, how it will act, etc. Of course I understand pro-choice and everything and I could easily agree with it, but I don't. It may be because I'm simply not a woman myself or because I've never had to witness someone go through something like that, but I just don't agree with it.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)