Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Blessed And Holy
09-17-2017, 10:21 AM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2017 09:30 PM by Visqueen.)
Blessed And Holy
Luke chapter 20:36 and Revelation 20:4-6. In the first resurrection, they neither marry nor die, but are equal to angels. They are blessed and holy, neither will the second death have powers over them. They have become children of God and priests of Jesus Christ.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-17-2017, 11:18 AM
RE: Blessed And Holy
Amen, I'm looking forward to it with hopeful expectation.
09-18-2017, 12:59 PM
I look forward to you exclusivist, pomposity-filled guys going away too.

09-18-2017, 01:23 PM
(09-17-2017 10:21 AM)Melchizedek Wrote:  Luke chapter 20:36 and Revelation 20:4-6. In the first resurrection, they neither marry nor die, but are equal to angels. They are blessed and holy, neither will the second death have powers over them. They have become children of God and priests of Jesus Christ.

Why do you mention only the first resurrection? Will those raised from the dead at the second resurrection after the thousand years and who are in the book of life be allowed to marry?

Luke mentions only one resurrection. This is reasonable because according to Revelation any given person will experience only one resurrection, the first (presumably small) batch before the thousand years and the second (presumably large) batch after.

Quote:Luke 20
34 Jesus replied, “The people of this age marry and are given in marriage. 35 But those who are considered worthy of taking part in the age to come and in the resurrection from the dead will neither marry nor be given in marriage, 36 and they can no longer die; for they are like the angels. They are God’s children, since they are children of the resurrection.

The first resurrection.

Quote:Revelation 20
4 I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.

The second resurrection.

1 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

I presume Luke meant that the no-marriage condition applies to all those resurrected regardless of which resurrection it was. I imagine there is no marriage in Hell either, although a couple of married guys I know would disagree.

And here I sit so patiently waiting to find out what price
You have to pay to get out of going through all these things twice
Dylan
09-19-2017, 12:09 AM
(09-17-2017 10:21 AM)Melchizedek Wrote:   Luke chapter 20:36 and Revelation 20:4-6. In the first resurrection, they neither marry nor die, but are equal to angels. They are blessed and holy, neither will the second death have powers over them. They have become children of God and priests of Jesus Christ.

Judgment Day is the day you die. All of us will experience this, it is a part of life. Only the wicked will experience the second death, which is Hell. Eventually, they will cease to exist. There is only one resurrection, it will occur days after the Messiah's death and it will include all the angels. Zechariah 14:5. "...and the Lord my God shall come, and all the saints with thee". The living God of Israel will reign forever in the world from Jerusalem as King of the Universe.
09-19-2017, 01:27 AM
(09-19-2017 12:09 AM)susanblange Wrote:  
(09-17-2017 10:21 AM)Melchizedek Wrote:   Luke chapter 20:36 and Revelation 20:4-6. In the first resurrection, they neither marry nor die, but are equal to angels. They are blessed and holy, neither will the second death have powers over them. They have become children of God and priests of Jesus Christ.

Judgment Day is the day you die. All of us will experience this, it is a part of life. Only the wicked will experience the second death, which is Hell. Eventually, they will cease to exist. There is only one resurrection, it will occur days after the Messiah's death and it will include all the angels. Zechariah 14:5. "...and the Lord my God shall come, and all the saints with thee". The living God of Israel will reign forever in the world from Jerusalem as King of the Universe.
This is Jesus resurrection.
09-19-2017, 12:21 PM
(09-19-2017 01:27 AM)Melchizedek Wrote:  

Jesus did not rise from the dead, if he did, he's a Zombie. If he had risen from the dead, he would be here. Also, if he rose from the dead, then the resurrection is past. Allegedly, there were also angels that were resurrected. There is only one resurrection, not two or three as Christians believe.
09-19-2017, 04:20 PM (This post was last modified: 09-19-2017 04:26 PM by Melchizedek.)
(09-17-2017 11:18 AM)sonofason Wrote:  Amen, I'm looking forward to it with hopeful expectation.
Jesus is the answer

(09-18-2017 12:59 PM)IMtM Wrote:  I look forward to you exclusivist, pomposity-filled guys going away too.
Jesus is the answers

(09-18-2017 01:23 PM)Imprecise Interrupt Wrote:  
(09-17-2017 10:21 AM)Melchizedek Wrote:  Luke chapter 20:36 and Revelation 20:4-6. In the first resurrection, they neither marry nor die, but are equal to angels. They are blessed and holy, neither will the second death have powers over them. They have become children of God and priests of Jesus Christ.

Why do you mention only the first resurrection? Will those raised from the dead at the second resurrection after the thousand years and who are in the book of life be allowed to marry?

Luke mentions only one resurrection. This is reasonable because according to Revelation any given person will experience only one resurrection, the first (presumably small) batch before the thousand years and the second (presumably large) batch after.

Quote:Luke 20
34 Jesus replied, “The people of this age marry and are given in marriage. 35 But those who are considered worthy of taking part in the age to come and in the resurrection from the dead will neither marry nor be given in marriage, 36 and they can no longer die; for they are like the angels. They are God’s children, since they are children of the resurrection.

The first resurrection.

4 I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.

The second resurrection.

1 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

I presume Luke meant that the no-marriage condition applies to all those resurrected regardless of which resurrection it was. I imagine there is no marriage in Hell either, although a couple of married guys I know would disagree.
Jesus Christ is the answers

(09-19-2017 12:21 PM)susanblange Wrote:  
(09-19-2017 01:27 AM)Melchizedek Wrote:  

Jesus did not rise from the dead, if he did, he's a Zombie. If he had risen from the dead, he would be here. Also, if he rose from the dead, then the resurrection is past. Allegedly, there were also angels that were resurrected. There is only one resurrection, not two or three as Christians believe.
Call Jesus Christ?
09-19-2017, 05:23 PM
(09-19-2017 04:20 PM)Melchizedek Wrote:  Call Jesus Christ?

I tried... no answer. He probably doesn't exist Wink

Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it
09-24-2017, 09:45 AM
(09-19-2017 05:23 PM)Herminator Wrote:  
(09-19-2017 04:20 PM)Melchizedek Wrote:  Call Jesus Christ?

I tried... no answer. He probably doesn't exist Wink
The church and spirit of our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ know it members. Which member are you?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)