Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can a Muslim woman marry a Non-Muslim?
10-23-2009, 01:37 AM
Can a Muslim woman marry a Non-Muslim?
There is a young Muslim woman who I think likes me, but I don't want her to do something against her beliefs,
So some one tell me is it wrong for a Non-Muslim to marry a Muslim!

Also if there is some thing in Islam against cross faith marriages, cause I don't want her father to kill me just because I got married to his daughter.
I refuse to become Muslim!
so no I will not convert.
She refuses to convert, so Ger!

"Hidden underneath the stoned cold surface of every Pious Person lays buried a Kinky Pervert, Stop bringing shovels, Where not digging!"-Azrael
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2009, 06:45 AM
RE: Can a Muslim woman marry a Non-Muslim?
No you can't marry her mate. A Muslim woman shouldn't marry someone who is not Muslim.

However, a Muslim man can marry a Christian (or a Jew I think) as they are also a person of the book.
10-23-2009, 02:06 PM
This is true, the Muslim woman should not marry anyone but a Muslim.
But the Muslim man has the right to marry non-Muslim woman from the Christian or Jewish only.
you have good information , Zagreus

but ,Azrael, why you do not want to enter Islam?
It is the right religion, has good believes, real answers about us , the world and The God.
I advise you to study Islam, you can go to the nearest Islamic center for you and ask about Islam. Through Islam can have this life and the afterlife.
10-23-2009, 03:13 PM
Technically the Bible warns against Christians marrying non-Christians as well. It is not in the form of a strict commandment, but it does warn against being "unequally yoked" to a non-believer. And when it does happen - as with Solomon - it always ends badly. Except for Esther, but that's not the point of that book. The point of that book is to gain temporal power and then show blatant favoritism to your fellow Jews Smile

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
10-23-2009, 03:44 PM
(10-23-2009 03:13 PM)GTseng3 Wrote:  Technically the Bible warns against Christians marrying non-Christians as well. It is not in the form of a strict commandment, but it does warn against being "unequally yoked" to a non-believer. And when it does happen - as with Solomon - it always ends badly.

Let's face it, Solomon overdid it. 700 wives and 300 concubines?!? Did he ever get any sleep?
10-23-2009, 03:54 PM
(10-23-2009 03:44 PM)Parousia Wrote:  Let's face it, Solomon overdid it. 700 wives and 300 concubines?!? Did he ever get any sleep?

Sleep? Probably not. Can you imagine the nagging?!?!

700 Wives:
"You never take us anywhere. Why do you spend more time with her? When can my mother come and stay? I want flowers... etc."

300 Concubines:
"Why won't you marry me? I want kids. Why don't you make me feel special? Etc."

Solomon:
"Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! 1,000 mother in laws!!!!!!!!!!!"

1,000 Mother In Laws:
"You don't treat my daughter right. I warned her about men like you. If only her father hadn't sold her! etc."
10-23-2009, 07:12 PM
(10-23-2009 03:54 PM)Zagreus Wrote:  
(10-23-2009 03:44 PM)Parousia Wrote:  Let's face it, Solomon overdid it. 700 wives and 300 concubines?!? Did he ever get any sleep?

Sleep? Probably not. Can you imagine the nagging?!?!

700 Wives:
"You never take us anywhere. Why do you spend more time with her? When can my mother come and stay? I want flowers... etc."

300 Concubines:
"Why won't you marry me? I want kids. Why don't you make me feel special? Etc."

Solomon:
"Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! 1,000 mother in laws!!!!!!!!!!!"

1,000 Mother In Laws:
"You don't treat my daughter right. I warned her about men like you. If only her father hadn't sold her! etc."

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Or even just, "When will I see you again?"
*gets out perpetual calendar*
01-31-2010, 04:54 AM
No, and I do not the wise
But I am sure that there is a wise
Because Allah know every
Really I get nervous from these subjects
01-31-2010, 09:52 AM
A Muslim man is allowed to marry a Christian woman, but a Christian man is not permitted to marry a Muslim woman. A Muslim woman is not permitted to marry a non-Muslim.

Proof and futher reading is in the Qur'an in Sura 5:5 says: ". . . Likewise you are permitted to marry chaste believing women [Muslims] or chaste women among the people who were given the Scripture [Jews and Christians] . . . . " Maududi, vol. 1, p. 427.

Additionally
Qur'an surah 24:31 also states that women are to lower their gaze around men, so they do not look them in the eye.

What's on
02-17-2010, 07:01 AM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2010 07:40 AM by muslim girl.)
(01-31-2010 09:52 AM)Aijan7d Wrote:  Qur'an surah 24:31 also states that women are to lower their gaze around men, so they do not look them in the eye.

Qur'an surah 24:31 Allah says in it
"And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband\'s fathers, their sons, their husband\'s sons, their brothers or their brother\'s sons, or their sister\'s sons, or their women, or the slaves whom their right hands possess, or male servants free of physical needs, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex; and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O ye Believers! Turn ye all together towards God, that ye may attain Bliss. "
and just hte verse before is
surah 24:30
"Say to the believing men that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty: that will make for greater purity for them: and God is well acquainted with all that they do. "
The explanation that Allah ask women and men not to look by sexy way to each other except they are marriage

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Toungue Why Did Prophet Muhammad (p) Marry Young Aishah (r)? super.girl 46 4,522 11-28-2017 05:20 AM
Last Post: Amememhab
  Muslim Believe about Other Religions sabeelshah 0 170 03-31-2017 06:05 AM
Last Post: sabeelshah
  What is Islam, from the mouth of a Muslim? Azrael17 134 9,790 12-27-2014 11:04 AM
Last Post: Herminator
  Are there any Muslim posters here? TG123 7 1,150 08-21-2013 11:20 AM
Last Post: KAYSER
  What's the mimimum a Muslim must do? Aum 28 1,983 11-07-2012 05:03 PM
Last Post: Visqueen
  Question for Muslims or non-Muslim Arab speakers about word in Umarii Treaty TG123 2 827 10-10-2012 10:07 AM
Last Post: muslim girl
  question for Muslim posters about Ramadan fast TG123 46 3,353 10-07-2012 02:09 AM
Last Post: kevlar
  72 virgins in the Muslim Paradise is borrowed pagan astrotheology biomystic 160 22,861 03-13-2012 08:36 PM
Last Post: Edward
  Is it okay for Muslim women to have jobs? Stonecold 9 4,528 06-08-2011 04:18 AM
Last Post: Abu Rashid
  Is it okay for a Muslim to join a Christian organisation? Stonecold 8 1,348 06-04-2011 03:05 PM
Last Post: crosspien

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)