Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Celtic Paganism
12-25-2008, 03:05 AM
Celtic Paganism
My beliefs are as follows.
1.there are multiple gods in charge of various aspects of life and being.
2.everthing in existacne has a spirit and spirits guard over over various things
3.I am reposible for my own actions though gods can influce me in my choices and the complications that result from my actions.
3. i am reborn again and again until i win my way into an underworld populated by my ancestors/the gods/others spirits

i am new to the ways of this religion having recently converted from atheisism, i wonder if others of this branch of paganism exist on this site who are more knowlegeable of if it, or if any one is interested.
i welcome all feedback.

"Perhaps you've seen them only then you've just believed
And when they're fleeing then you feel you've been deceived
But in that feeling something ancient's been retrieved"
-Jack Hardy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-25-2008, 02:56 PM
RE: Celtic Paganism
(12-25-2008 03:05 AM)Urthred Wrote:  My beliefs are as follows.
1.there are multiple gods in charge of various aspects of life and being.
2.everthing in existacne has a spirit and spirits guard over over various things
3.I am reposible for my own actions though gods can influce me in my choices and the complications that result from my actions.
3. i am reborn again and again until i win my way into an underworld populated by my ancestors/the gods/others spirits

i am new to the ways of this religion having recently converted from atheisism, i wonder if others of this branch of paganism exist on this site who are more knowlegeable of if it, or if any one is interested.
i welcome all feedback.
so, did the vikings come up with this?
12-25-2008, 09:18 PM
yes/no it is a complicated answer because the norse vikings while a technically a Celtic area had a different religion and while i do not hold that as mine some modern druids do. the specfic type i adhere to orginates in ancient wales, britain, ireland, and ancient Gual. but weather or not the form im adhereing is a replica of that anient belief i would have to say no though i am always on the look out to expand upon this and recapture the old faith, i hold this as one of the most important tasks to my belief. Modern druids have gotten a bad rap in this day an age do mainly to uneducated individuals claiming to belong so that they can get away with carnal desires and in some cases murder by claiming it is part of religion. This is NOT part of my beliefs nor will i accept the claims that it is.

-Jack Hardy
12-25-2008, 10:29 PM
why did you convert to atheism to this? i have honestly never even heard of this religion?
12-26-2008, 02:07 AM
I converted becasue i felt that there was somethings that i couldnt explain with conventional knowledge, such as the nature of a soul and the nature of action and reaction. I could buy random chance as a viable option in most things but to classify the generosity and kindness of a person as some peice of DNA that was never found was a flimsy arguement. Now the Theories put forth by various anthroplogists over the years were of a more persausive arguement in that they claimed that human kindness and comapssion were socially constructed triats that were to benefit society. But this failed when put forth to the theory of evolution in that human beings are adapting to best survive in the world by either physically developing new traits (such as opposable thumbs) to aid in their survival, now if you've read Darwin he also allowed for creatures to evolve in their methods for interacting with the world as a form of evolution (the species that develeopes language to comunicate and warn others agaisnt danger is more likely to survive). So if we fit human compassion into the theory of evolution as a trait used for survival we find that yes they are more capable and more likely to aid each other in this sense but it falters when it comes to dealing with other species/human races. So this trait is warped into a distrust of outsiders, while clinging to a group but as we seen over time that at least with humans grouping together while we are more capable to defend ourselves but by distrusting even hateing others limits reproduction options creates cycles of incest and interelations among increasingly geneticly similar beings. I am forced then to acknowledge the easier defence by i cananot ignore the damage being done to the group because of this trait as recessive genes would become more dominate and the likeley hood of defects within the human species. I cite as examples the Roman emprie with its incestous emperoers and with no offense intended the Intermarrige and incest among the royal family of England and some of the older european royal families. Coming to this conclusion i was forced to state that human compassion or the soul (the soul as ive alsways heard it being defined as the core and center for a persons emotions) is not pratical for human existance. arriving at this conclusion i found myself without a secular theory for its orgins and purposes to which i then directed my attention to non-secular theories.

Christianity has never appealed to me do to its many contradictions and hypocrisys, the same being true for judism, islam, mormanism etc... i upon conducting research for a paper for different reasons found Celtic Paganism and finding the ancient teachings to be viable as in allowing for modern theories to still be viable and unrestricted in the relgion if found myself increasingly drawn in.

for a basic understanding [url] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celtic_polytheism[/url] has the basic history right with very few flaws (wikipedia being what it is).

-Jack Hardy
12-26-2008, 01:42 PM
So, you looked for a religion that was compatible with science and explained human nature?
12-26-2008, 06:04 PM (This post was last modified: 12-26-2008 06:08 PM by smellycat.)
make your own religion m8,why not even athiest have 1.
you get a good life and paid from satan if you make a alternative religion ,that people follow,why not write songs,the more you opose the bible,the richer you get.even athiest get paid to rebuff God.there all muppets but they like the money.

Good evil salvation
12-26-2008, 06:18 PM
(12-26-2008 06:04 PM)smellycat Wrote:  make your own religion m8,why not even athiest have 1.
you get a good life and paid from satan if you make a alternative religion ,that people follow,why not write songs,the more you opose the bible,the richer you get.even athiest get paid to rebuff God.there all muppets but they like the money.
hey m8, his religion is just as legit as yours.

PS-what does m8 mean?
12-26-2008, 06:28 PM
i don,t use my knowledge to piss over my brothers back.

Good evil salvation
12-27-2008, 04:19 PM
(12-26-2008 06:28 PM)smellycat Wrote:  i don,t use my knowledge to piss over my brothers back.
neither do i...what is your point?

LMFAO...how much knowledge do you really need to piss over my brother's back?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Wink neo-paganism Vana 18 1,207 09-20-2014 01:31 AM
Last Post: Vana
  Was Paganism the FIRST belief system megaflies 15 1,634 04-06-2014 06:33 AM
Last Post: 01234g
  Paganism Exposed CabinInTheForest 85 15,696 11-12-2013 06:54 PM
Last Post: Satyros
  Paganism & Multiculturalism Vagabond 23 2,148 07-13-2013 11:40 AM
Last Post: Niva
  Why are so many Professing Christians Drawn to Paganism? michael39 19 2,252 12-23-2010 11:36 PM
Last Post: biomystic

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)