Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Censored words
06-12-2011, 12:51 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2011 12:54 PM by Outside_the_Gate.)
Censored words
I'm amused by the (censored) sign that shows up often on this forum. Obviously words like bum, tit and arse will get censored but what's wrong with saying (censored)(censored)(censored)?

PS Bugger, I genuinely believed my words would be censored and covered up with (censored)!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2011, 04:24 PM
RE: Censored words
well [censored]. Perhaps some [censored] words to not get censored. Usually if I am going to use a [censored] word that needs to be censored...I add the censor myself. I usually try not to use them though. Was once told by a friend, when I was younger, and trying to fit in, that profanity is the lack of intelligence to think of something better to say. Have tried not using profanity ever since then.

If everyone was thinking the same thing, then no one would be thinking at all.
06-13-2011, 09:03 AM
wish lesbi@n wasn't censored, and g*psy was.
06-13-2011, 09:11 AM
(06-13-2011 09:03 AM)Aingeal Wrote:  wish lesbi@n wasn't censored, and g*psy was.
Hi Aingeal.
What's wrong with lesbian & Gypsy? That's interesting. What else is on the forbidden list?
06-13-2011, 09:17 AM
There's nothing wrong with lesbi@n, I don't know why it's on the list. G*psy I want to see on the list, because it is a racial slur, like n!gger
06-13-2011, 10:17 AM
I was not aware "gypsy" was considered a racial slur. What's the background on that? What non-offensive terms are preferable?

No single step in the search for enlightenment should ever be considered sacred; only the search should.
-Ann Druyan
06-13-2011, 11:26 AM
Remember when I discovered that cu.nts wasn't censored? Great times, until some killjoy (cough-Zag-cough) noticed and updated.
06-13-2011, 01:44 PM
Quote: I was not aware "gypsy" was considered a racial slur. What's the background on that? What non-offensive terms are preferable?

The term "G*psy" came from the idea that the Rroma/Romani people were from Egypt. The idea was that they were cursed by God (for one of half a dozen theories) but the one that contributed to the name was that they were the Egyptians that carried out the Slaughter of Innocents. Now it's become associated with crime and the stereotype that we're all criminals: ie: I've been gypped, or the idea that we're "dirty."

As far as non-offensive, generally Romani is the best because usually Rrom or Rroma make people think of that city in Italy.
06-13-2011, 09:53 PM
When you reach a certain num^er of posts you reach RF heaven and are allowed to swear, fucken' cool hey?

????????????????
06-14-2011, 06:46 AM
(06-13-2011 11:26 AM)Painkiller Wrote:  Remember when I discovered that cu.nts wasn't censored? Great times, until some killjoy (cough-Zag-cough) noticed and updated.

Nothing to do with me. I can't alter the swear filter. If I could I'd do some much funnier words. 'And' for example.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Words in a legal dictionary EqualAtheist 5 829 11-29-2011 12:56 PM
Last Post: theMIDDLEway

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)