Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Chrisian spiritualism?
07-12-2009, 11:03 PM
Chrisian spiritualism?
So I had an interesting conversation on the bus today with a young lady. She claimed to be Christian, and we chatted for a bit about that, and it comes out that her version of "Christianity" is actually more spiritualism. She doesn't believe Christianity is right, so much as there is some sort of spiritual force out there, and that all religions lead to it in their own way, and that's what is important (pity us atheists, I suppose.)

And yet she still identifies as Christian, because she was raised Christian and she does believe in a god, of sorts.

And that made me wonder, how many people identify with a religion while actually believing more of a vague spiritualism?

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-22-2009, 11:39 AM
RE: Chrisian spiritualism?
(07-12-2009 11:03 PM)GTseng3 Wrote:  And yet she still identifies as Christian, because she was raised Christian and she does believe in a god, of sorts.

And that made me wonder, how many people identify with a religion while actually believing more of a vague spiritualism?

people are confused
some wonder
most wander

namste

NATURE cannot be HIDDEN only VEILeD with NARRATIVES that defy NATURE

CodeX4 and the Reconciliation of Science and Religion
http://kachina2012.wordpress.com/about/
08-16-2009, 08:16 PM
i'm just trying to digest the fact that managed to have a conversation with a stranger on the bus and a pretty deep one as well by the sounds of it...
the only people that i've seen talking on the bus (besides old ladies) have either been drunk, crazy or both.....
08-16-2009, 08:40 PM
I like striking up random conversations. Keep in mind Socrates just asked random people questions on the street. As a society we are becoming closed off and insular, I try to combat that whenever possible. Engage people! Talk to them! Meet them!

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
08-17-2009, 02:38 PM
(08-16-2009 08:40 PM)GTseng3 Wrote:  I like striking up random conversations. Keep in mind Socrates just asked random people questions on the street. As a society we are becoming closed off and insular, I try to combat that whenever possible. Engage people! Talk to them! Meet them!

In my opinion, Socrates was an annoying jerk. I just might have punched him out if he pulled that Socratic method stuff on me. Tongue
08-17-2009, 06:25 PM
I think a couple people probably did Smile

But it worked! Well, you know, until they got so annoyed that they gave him hemlock. But still!

08-17-2009, 11:31 PM
I drank what!?
08-21-2009, 11:14 PM
Most ancient pagan religions believed that all paths lead to the same Truth (heaven, god, whatever). Hinduism is the only living religion that still really follows this formula.

Still, there are many people who believe in this principle even when they are followers of the Abrahamic religions (which spawned the idea that there is only one 'right way').

P.S. Gandhi; need I say more?

Mikha'El
09-10-2009, 10:05 PM
(08-21-2009 11:14 PM)MikhaEl Wrote:  Most ancient pagan religions believed that all paths lead to the same Truth (heaven, god, whatever). Hinduism is the only living religion that still really follows this formula.

Still, there are many people who believe in this principle even when they are followers of the Abrahamic religions (which spawned the idea that there is only one 'right way').

P.S. Gandhi; need I say more?

Mikha'El

I think the word You are looking for is:"Theosophy" (Narcissistic Spiritualism) :If your brother is starving feed him a hamburg

As far as "Abrahamic Religions" - Consequences of Your actions - based on Divine Revelation & Informed conscience

P.S. - Too many to list -
Saints & Angels - http://www.catholic.org/saints/stindex.php
06-24-2010, 06:45 AM
Christian Spiritualism is the process whereby all religions came into being -- as a result of communication with God and God's Kingdom of Spirit. Its fundamental doctrine states that God is Spirit, we are Spirit, our departed loved ones are Spirit, our "enemies" are Spirit; and that is how we are all connected.

4gb compact flash

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Swedenborg's Proven Spiritualism Splendor 14 722 01-03-2017 11:02 PM
Last Post: shiverleaf15
  Real face of Spiritualism(New Age) Emre_1974tr 1 405 10-20-2015 06:28 PM
Last Post: KAYSER

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)