Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Convert Me
03-06-2010, 11:26 PM
Toungue Convert Me
Hi there! My name is Kayla, and I'm new to this forum. Currently I have no religion but believe in a higher power. I am open to any kind of religion, as long as it is open to my beliefs - I am bisexual and will under no circumstances change that (unless it's just me realizing I like one gender better than the other on my own terms) or try to hide it. So, give me your testimony, and tell me why I might like the religion you are a part of. I had been Mormon for 11 years, converted to Wicca and had been Wiccan for 4 years, and now I feel I need a new path. So lemme know. (anyone wondering, I'm 16, not 15. I've been trying to find a new path for a year now lol)

Sunday mornin' wake up early, Skip church service to find my Jesus. I know it sounds so sacrilegious, But I just don't belong in a place like that.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2010, 12:35 AM
RE: Convert Me
Listen...Read..research..If something FEELS RIGHT, pursue it. Go with your nature.

The worst thing you can do is to try to mold yourself to a belief system. Find one that fits who you are, or at least, wish to be.
03-07-2010, 06:20 AM
(03-06-2010 11:26 PM)writtensound Wrote:  ...why I might like the religion you are a part of...

It sounds like all you want are some friends who will stand by you and support you in whatever you want to do. Since you're not interested in finding truth, and since you're not willing to allow yourself to be critiqued by the teachings of a religious faith, then you don't really need a religion at all. Just find some friends who think like you and hang out with them.

http://www.biblicaltraining.org/ --- http://www.ntwrightpage.com/
03-07-2010, 11:37 AM
(03-06-2010 11:26 PM)writtensound Wrote:  Hi there! My name is Kayla, and I'm new to this forum. Currently I have no religion but believe in a higher power. I am open to any kind of religion, as long as it is open to my beliefs - I am bisexual and will under no circumstances change that (unless it's just me realizing I like one gender better than the other on my own terms) or try to hide it. So, give me your testimony, and tell me why I might like the religion you are a part of. I had been Mormon for 11 years, converted to Wicca and had been Wiccan for 4 years, and now I feel I need a new path. So lemme know. (anyone wondering, I'm 16, not 15. I've been trying to find a new path for a year now lol)

everything defaults to UNIVERSAL archetypes.
JC and CJ can be your guides here.
Joseph Campbell and Carl Jung

http://kachina2012.wordpress.com/about/
you might find this site interesting...
IGNORANT bible babblers stay away, they FEAR what is offered.
TRUTH does that...

http://2012forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php...32bc0d94b7
Kayla the wiccan, you do sound like a god/goddess who goes both ways?
Alchemy was all about merging the two 'energies'.

religious plebes on this site are IGNORANT of all I share.
They FEAR what they do not understand.
And HOPE for the best.

I have no desire to convert by the way.
I only want to help YOU TO REMEMBER TO REMEMBER
You will then know what to do, what your purpose is....

leave these squabbling bible babblers to fight over hell.

namaste

NATURE cannot be HIDDEN only VEILeD with NARRATIVES that defy NATURE

CodeX4 and the Reconciliation of Science and Religion
03-07-2010, 07:08 PM
(03-07-2010 06:20 AM)Stereophonic Wrote:  
(03-06-2010 11:26 PM)writtensound Wrote:  ...why I might like the religion you are a part of...

It sounds like all you want are some friends who will stand by you and support you in whatever you want to do. Since you're not interested in finding truth, and since you're not willing to allow yourself to be critiqued by the teachings of a religious faith, then you don't really need a religion at all. Just find some friends who think like you and hang out with them.

Not at all. I actually want something constant to live for. Friends and other people connected to you can always leave. Spirit will never leave. What I'm searching for is a religion that will be the anchor to keep my feet on the ground. When I say "tell me why I might like the religion you are a part of", I'm asking for someone to explain the mechanics of their religion, and I will figure out from there if I am interested in pusuing that. I have no idea where you might've gotten the idea that that meant I want people around me who think like me. I have friends who will accept me for who I am no matter what. That isnt my concern. Im the kind of person that needs structure, but if I dont mold to that structure, I wont change who I am - only things I do.

Sunday mornin' wake up early, Skip church service to find my Jesus. I know it sounds so sacrilegious, But I just don't belong in a place like that.
03-07-2010, 07:54 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2010 10:00 PM by Stereophonic.)
(03-07-2010 07:08 PM)writtensound Wrote:  ...explain the mechanics of their religion...

The Christian faith is all about a God who loves people enough to give them the most precious gift of free will. Without free will, we could never be anything more than automatons; without free will, there can be no real love.

But free will is not without problems of its own: all people who have lived long enough have chosen to do things that hurt themselves and other people. The more bad choices we make, the more difficult it is to stop making more bad choices. Ultimately, God must oppose evil--if God didn't, then there would be no practical difference between good and evil, and we would be no different from the animals who are not held to any moral standards at all.

So God created us with free will, but free will has proven to be more than any mere human can handle. All humans have chosen to do wrong things, and this cloud of wrongdoing creates a barrier between God and humans. God cannot just wipe away this cloud without thereby making our free will of no account. So God became human in Jesus; Jesus showed us how to live and love, and he ended up suffering a cruel and undeserved death. The undeserved suffering of Jesus, who was God in human flesh, provided a sufficient atonement that allows God to forgive us without also condoning the evil that people do. God then raised Jesus from the dead in order to validate the example and teaching and claims that Jesus made, and for which he was killed by the jealous religious leaders of his day.

Christians are people who believe that God loves them enough to suffer with them and for them. Christians want to follow the teaching and example of Jesus. Christians worship together and work together for good. Though our worship is offered to God, it actually benefits us, in that it reminds us that there is a God who gives purpose and meaning to life--a God who make true love possible.

http://www.biblicaltraining.org/ --- http://www.ntwrightpage.com/
03-07-2010, 10:19 PM
Quote:Listen...Read..research..If something FEELS RIGHT, pursue it. Go with your nature.

The worst thing you can do is to try to mold yourself to a belief system. Find one that fits who you are, or at least, wish to be.

Best advice in this thread so far.

If truth is one, it is not possible for something to be scientifically false and religiously true.

-Baha'u'llah
03-08-2010, 07:35 AM
(03-06-2010 11:26 PM)writtensound Wrote:  Hi there! My name is Kayla, and I'm new to this forum. Currently I have no religion but believe in a higher power. I am open to any kind of religion, as long as it is open to my beliefs - I am bisexual and will under no circumstances change that (unless it's just me realizing I like one gender better than the other on my own terms) or try to hide it. So, give me your testimony, and tell me why I might like the religion you are a part of. I had been Mormon for 11 years, converted to Wicca and had been Wiccan for 4 years, and now I feel I need a new path. So lemme know. (anyone wondering, I'm 16, not 15. I've been trying to find a new path for a year now lol)

Don't get converted, you'll only find out they were wrong at the end.
Live a good life, believe in God if you want. Just don't believe in religion or the gods they've created. Life is too short to spend your time trying to abide by the unrealistic rules they dump on people. Notice that most of their rules say DON"T do this or that. The ones that say Do this or that are about worship and obey the DON"T rules or your but is butter. Stay well away from religions.
03-09-2010, 01:56 AM
all i can say is go with you'r instinct's . what ever fits you'r own personel beliefs . p.s dont listen to raphael , he spends most of his time in a strait jacket.....but he's ok.....for a atheist!!! .
03-09-2010, 07:45 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2010 07:49 AM by Raphael.)
the clue
to what you
should do
is in your name

written sound?
Einstein 'wished upon a star' that he would have preferred to be a concert violinist.

take a cue from him what you should do.
forget all the chatter the bible babblers offer..
can't you tell they are 'lost'

plus the danger always exists if you join any of the psuedo fractal fractionated divided judaeo/christian tribes...you just might get *activated* Waving Goodbye one day, EWE might get the call from the meSSiah that all of these westernized manchurian candidates await.

Then you will reach into your closet and pull out a skeleton and don your NAZI uniform once again.

Yup the judeao/christian closet is filled with all kinds of costuming.
NAZI uniforms, USA uniforms, KKK, countless military uniforms endorsed by the holier than thou righteous SOBs who claim life, liberty, etc etc etc

what BS
leave the babblers to themselves

pick up an instrument and play along with the universe.
I am taking Al Einstein's cue 'written sound'
I want to come back a composer next time, not a judeao/christian/islamic composter.
Only way to tune out all the nonsense and chatter and whitey righty noise is to activate your inner musical score.
Best way to score points for yer soul.

The message Joseph Campbell wants you to know?
IGNORANCE is not bliSS

namaste

NATURE cannot be HIDDEN only VEILeD with NARRATIVES that defy NATURE

CodeX4 and the Reconciliation of Science and Religion

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Convert to what? Jozef 42 3,232 12-22-2012 08:54 PM
Last Post: Fender

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)