Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Could Over Population bring about our Extinction?
08-20-2013, 05:21 PM
Could Over Population bring about our Extinction?
As technology and medicine improve people live longer and can have more babies. Sicknesses that once would have killed people are now curable by vaccination or surgery.

Science keeps improving.

The Human Race continues to populate and grow larger each day if I am not mistaken.
The Earth only has a certain number of natural resources even food could become hard to come by if the population grew too large.

If Humanity Over Populates the Earth will it be the cause of our Extinction? Your thoughts and ideas?

If it could result in our extinction then should we do some thing to prevent over population? If so what sorts of ideas would you propose?

In Genesis it says:
"Be fruitful and increase in number; Fill the earth and subdue it." Fill being the key word used. Perhaps now that our population has reached a high number we don't have to worry as much about being fruitful and multiplying because we have made the Earth full.

"Hidden underneath the stoned cold surface of every Pious Person lays buried a Kinky Pervert, Stop bringing shovels, Where not digging!"-Azrael
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-20-2013, 06:00 PM
RE: Could Over Population bring about our Extinction?
(08-20-2013 05:21 PM)Azrael17 Wrote:  As technology and medicine improve people live longer and can have more babies. Sicknesses that once would have killed people are now curable by vaccination or surgery.

Science keeps improving.

The Human Race continues to populate and grow larger each day if I am not mistaken.
The Earth only has a certain number of natural resources even food could become hard to come by if the population grew too large.

If Humanity Over Populates the Earth will it be the cause of our Extinction?

No .. disbelief & wickedness will cause it.
However, before the final extinction, the planet will have a final, global peaceful civilisation. Sadly, before that happens, there will be another world war .. worse than ever due to technolgical advances .. there will be a huge death toll!Sad

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me beside the still waters.
08-20-2013, 06:50 PM
(08-20-2013 06:00 PM)muhammad_isa Wrote:  
(08-20-2013 05:21 PM)Azrael17 Wrote:  As technology and medicine improve people live longer and can have more babies. Sicknesses that once would have killed people are now curable by vaccination or surgery.

Science keeps improving.

If Humanity Over Populates the Earth will it be the cause of our Extinction?

No .. disbelief & wickedness will cause it.
However, before the final extinction, the planet will have a final, global peaceful civilisation. Sadly, before that happens, there will be another world war .. worse than ever due to technolgical advances .. there will be a huge death toll!Sad

How will disbelief cause our extinction?

Ever hear of John Lennon?

"Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one
Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one" - Imagine by John Lennon

"Hidden underneath the stoned cold surface of every Pious Person lays buried a Kinky Pervert, Stop bringing shovels, Where not digging!"-Azrael
08-20-2013, 06:59 PM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2013 07:00 PM by muhammad_isa.)
(08-20-2013 06:50 PM)Azrael17 Wrote:  How will disbelief cause our extinction?

It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Unfortunately, it's only poetry, and however romantic it may sound, it's not true! ie. It's a 'pipe-dream'

True guidance does not come from 'isms' ie. man-made philosophies
Almighty God does not expect us to give up all our wealth, though it's our duty to share it, especially with those who are struggling. He forbids us to deal with interest, whatever the percentage, as that is abhorrent to Him and causes gross inequality!
TRUE GUIDANCE comes from our Creator, Lord of the Universe.

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me beside the still waters.
08-20-2013, 07:18 PM
(08-20-2013 06:59 PM)muhammad_isa Wrote:  
(08-20-2013 06:50 PM)Azrael17 Wrote:  How will disbelief cause our extinction?

It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Unfortunately, it's only poetry, and however romantic it may sound, it's not true! ie. It's a 'pipe-dream'

True guidance does not come from 'isms' ie. man-made philosophies
Almighty God does not expect us to give up all our wealth, though it's our duty to share it, especially with those who are struggling. He forbids us to deal with interest, whatever the percentage, as that is abhorrent to Him and causes gross inequality!
TRUE GUIDANCE comes from our Creator, Lord of the Universe.

Well he did say he was a dreamer!

I believe in a god that reveals it's self to and through people, that all good inspiration comes from a divine source and that source is God.

There is no such thing as man made any thing,
God thought up all of creation before creating it, nothing can be added to it and nothing taken away. God blessed mankind with the ability to be creative but nothing mankind invents or creates was actually created by man because all things we "believe" we create originated from a single source.

Nothing can exists with out it's apparent dissimilar to correspond with it and to define it.

Still how will disbelief cause our extinction?

08-20-2013, 07:29 PM
(08-20-2013 06:59 PM)muhammad_isa Wrote:  Unfortunately, it's only poetry, and however romantic it may sound, it's not true! ie. It's a 'pipe-dream'

World peace is a "pipe dream"? Gods, what a pessimistic statement.

Кровь за Кровь, Во Славу Великим!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-20-2013, 11:09 PM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2013 11:15 PM by chucknance.)
God, the Lord of the Old Testament, was disappointed when humans began to dominate earth after paradise was lost (66 million years ago during the dinosaurs era). God will do nothing to prevent humans from self-destructing. It may be from a nuclear holocaust, another world war, diseases, overpopulation, or from some other type of calamity.

Contrary to religious beliefs, God has not been happy with humanity. God did what He could to save humankind. To begin, he made Jews his chosen people, but after irreconcilable differences, including a desperate attempt to give testimony as a man (Jesus), God assumed a policy of nonintervention. Now, it is just a matter of time before the end is here.

It is a sad story for humankind. Christians think Jesus, the son of God will save them, but that is a lie. Jesus was God, not His son. Mostly, the Jews know about God's essence. So, now we have Israel, the last bastion of human dignity in the face of God (Lord). I do not believe there will be a second coming for Jesus (God). In the end, God will on the side of Israel, his chosen people.
God, the Lord of the Old Testament, was disappointed when humans began to dominate earth after paradise was lost (66 million years ago during the dinosaurs era). God will do nothing to prevent humans from self-destructing. It may be from a nuclear holocaust, another world war, diseases, overpopulation, or from some other type of calamity.

Contrary to religious beliefs, God has not been happy with humanity. God did what He could to save humankind. To begin, he made Jews his chosen people, but after irreconcilable differences, including a desperate attempt to give testimony as a man (Jesus), God assumed a policy of nonintervention. Now, it is just a matter of time before the end is here.

It is a sad story for humankind. Christians think Jesus, the son of God will save them, but that is a lie. Jesus was God, not His son. God is a duality, which no one seems to understand. As a man, he revealed his true nature, which was misinterpreted to be son and father. Mostly, the Jews know about God's essence, which is the LORD. So, now we have Israel, the last bastion of human dignity in the face of God (Lord). I do not believe there will be a second coming for Jesus (God). In the end, God will be on the side of Israel, his chosen people.
08-21-2013, 07:33 AM
Azrael Wrote:How will disbelief cause our extinction?

Hey Isa, can you answer the above question? I'm really interested in your response.

Chuck Wrote:Now, it is just a matter of time before the end is here.

Do you have an end date? I would like to cross off a few things from my bucket list prior.

Absence of evidence is evidence of absence - Me
08-21-2013, 11:33 AM
The concern about over population has been around for generations. the issue of resources has never been an issue of supply but rather of distribution. The Ukraine alone is capable of providing enough grains to feed the entire planet. The problem is they lack the capacity to transport it due to government corruption, a failing infrastructure, and western corporate interests. According to the NRDC, 40% of food produced in the U.S. ends up in landfills. 52% of fruits and vegetables are discarded. When you consider the gluttony of the North American diet, the amount of food wasted is staggering. My neighbour drives her children to school each day, even though walking is faster. We have enough and to spare. Our destruction will not come from over population.
08-21-2013, 12:56 PM
I admit that I don't have stats to back up these claims, but it seems that the issue is less about "over population" than imbalance of resources. There's enough space and resources to sustain the current population of the world, but NOT to sustain them in the lifestyle enjoyed by the majority of people in the West (again, no actual evidence to back up this wild supposition).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Half of British population opppose evolution British88 23 2,149 08-28-2011 08:32 AM
Last Post: Zoe Doidge

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)