Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Could all the Monotheist religions be corrupted by satan??
11-05-2008, 06:24 PM
Could all the Monotheist religions be corrupted by satan??
Just a question for us to ponder. Is it possible that satan could have corrupted all the monotheistic religions. Could Judaism, Christianity, Catholicism, and Islam be corrupted? Each says the others are corrupted, but what if they all are? This thread is meant to discuss the possibility.

This may help us all to come to the correct understand so all people of the scriptures can find the right path to GOD. In order to do this, we must first be willing to be unbias and critically evaluate our own religions. This way we can keep our personal biases out of the picture to come to the absolute truth, if possible.

Peace out.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2008, 06:26 PM
RE: Could all the Monotheist religions be corrupted by satan??
Perhaps we can start in chronological order from Judaism, to Christianity/catholicism to Islam.
11-05-2008, 10:58 PM
I believe in the possibility that Christianty at its dawn was in its truest form but might have been misrepresented in some ways.
Find all posts by this user
11-05-2008, 11:33 PM
JonathanT Wrote:I believe in the possibility that Christianty at its dawn was in its truest form but might have been misrepresented in some ways.

Personally, I always had great difficulty accepting Christianity due to the belief that Jesus was GOD incarnate. Mainly, because there are so many verses in the Bible that state he was not GOD. For example:

# "I cannot do anything of myself. I judge as I hear, and my judgment is honest because I am not seeking my own will but the will of him who sent me." [ John 5:30 ]

# Jesus said: ``My doctrine is not my own; it comes from him who sent me.'' [ John 7:16 ]

# "Men of Israel, listen to me! Jesus the Nazorean was a man whom God sent to you with miracles, wonders, and signs as his credentials. These God worked through him in your midst, as you well know." [ Acts 2:22 ]

# ``...The man who hears my word and has faith in him who sent me possesses eternal life.'' [ John 5:24 ]

# "Whoever welcomes me welcomes, not me, but him who sent me." [ Matthew 10:40, Mark 9:37, Luke 9:48, & John 13:20 ]

# ``...I have not come of myself. I was sent by One who has the right to send, and him you do not know. I know him because it is from him I come; he sent me.'' [ John 7:28-29 ]

# Jesus looked up to heaven and said, ``...Eternal life is this: to know you, the only true God, and him whom you have sent, Jesus Christ.'' [ John 17:1-3 ]

# All who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. [ Romans 8:14 ]

# Jesus looked upward and said, ``Father, I thank you for having heard me. I know that you always hear me but I have said this for the sake of the crowd, that they may believe that you sent me.'' [ John 11:41-42 ]

# As he was setting out on a journey a man came running up, knelt down before him and asked, ``Good Teacher, what must I do to share in everlasting life?'' Jesus answered, ``Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone.'' [ Mark 10:17-18 ]

# ``None of those who call me `Lord' will enter the kingdom of God, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven." [ Matthew 7:21 ]
# ``...Go to my brothers and tell them, `I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.' '' [ John 20:17 ]

In addition, it never made sense to me why it took the church 325 years after Jesus died to figure that he was GOD at the conference of Nicene. I mean, I cannot see Jesus withholding information like that from his family, friends, and disciples.

I have a strong feeling that Paul was the one who corrupted Christianity.
11-05-2008, 11:47 PM
I also find it very interesting that Judaism became corrupted in the same way Islam did. GOD sent Jesus to the children of Israel because they polluted their religion by upholding man-made doctrines that documented oral traditions (sayings & actions) attributed to prophets (Moses etc.) instead of following only GOD's words in the Torah. They books are called the Mishna & Gemarra (a.k.a. the Talmud).

Interestingly enough, the Quran states many, many times not to uphold any source of religious guidance beside the Quran. Yet, they uphold the same kind of man-made doctrines documenting oral traditions (sayings & actions) of Prophet Muhummad. These books are called Hadith & Sunnah and came approximately 200 years after Muhummad died. Thus, they are impossible to be from him. In fact, the Quran states that Muhummud was forbidden from teaching it or GOD would have stopped the revelations to him. Since, the Quran is complete and fully detailed, Muhummad clearly fulfilled that command.

Ironically, there are even hadiths that reject hadiths. For example.

The Prophet said, "Do not write down anything from me except the Quran."
[Ahmed, Vol. 1, Page 171, and Sahih Muslim]

This Hadith states that the Prophet maintained his anti-Hadith stand until death. [Ahmed, Vol. 1, Page 192]

Although, telling a muslim not to follow Hadiths & sunnah is like telling a Christian that Jesus is not GOD. There tends to be a lot of hostility, unfortunately.
11-06-2008, 07:11 AM
im just curious as to what christian thoughts are on the exclusion of gospels like the gospel of thomas and the recently found gospel of judas, both which were written at the time but were rejected when the religion was unified. Do these have any place in the truth seeing as they were rejected after the death of christ???

my atheism is just like your religion
only i subtract 1 one more god
11-06-2008, 10:40 AM
athos123 Wrote:im just curious as to what christian thoughts are on the exclusion of gospels like the gospel of thomas and the recently found gospel of judas, both which were written at the time but were rejected when the religion was unified. Do these have any place in the truth seeing as they were rejected after the death of christ???

It is clear from John 7:16 that Jesus came with a doctrine (scripture).

Jesus said: ``My doctrine is not my own; it comes from him who sent me.'' [ John 7:16 ]

That is a good question. Where are the Gospels of Jesus? Anybody?
11-06-2008, 11:45 AM
It has been argued that the Gospels of Jesus would do away with 'churches' and denominations, as we know them. Christianity is (in a very small nutshell) freewill acceptance and salvation of Jesus Christ, it's a personal relationship that is cultivated within a group (your particular choice of denomination).

I have a lot of problems with religion ... but I have absolutely no problems with my faith. I think that Big Religion can, and does, keep some things (scrolls, etc.) stored away. Who owns them? The Jewish faith? The Catholic faith? That's not for me to decide. In the same turn, I think that the lost scrolls should be made public and translated by several different people and then compared for content.

Now, having birdwalked off the topic ... reading the actual words of Jesus, I think that we might all be a bit surprised at what He said. I also think that the man-made part of the branches of religion are where we all went haywire.

As for the original question, I think that all religions have a good and an evil. Whether it's God v. Satan, a god v. an evil, nice v. mean or however it's represented, the basis of most religions are doing good deeds, avoiding the bad deeds. Right v. Wrong. It's how things after that are dealt with that makes people draw lines in the sand, take sides, buck the system, become anit-establishment, become right-and left-wing nuts, etc.

Justice -- When you get what you deserve.
Mercy -- When you don't get what you deserve.
Grace -- When you get what you don't deserve.
11-06-2008, 05:59 PM
I hear you on that "Big Religion" statement of yours, Alison. Sometimes I feel uncomfortable to answer 'what denomination are you' because then I feel like I'm not experiencing my own personal relationship with God, it sounds kinda 'shared' like there's other people with the exact same thoughts and feelings about Christianity as I do...do you know what I mean?

Sometimes I'm even tempted to just say "I'm my own Christian." because I don't always agree with what 'The Church' says or does. I'm simply one of those Christians who reads the Bible and prays for guidance, then finds my own path to walk with God on, instead of relying on the guidance of the pastor, though he or she may be very wise on the subject, and what the ideas of 'mainstream Christianity' preach to the general public.

Am I making much sense?
11-06-2008, 06:07 PM
Quote:Personally, I always had great difficulty accepting Christianity due to the belief that Jesus was GOD incarnate. Mainly, because there are so many verses in the Bible that state he was not GOD. For example:

# "I cannot do anything of myself. I judge as I hear, and my judgment is honest because I am not seeking my own will but the will of him who sent me." [ John 5:30 ]

# Jesus said: ``My doctrine is not my own; it comes from him who sent me.'' [ John 7:16 ]

# "Men of Israel, listen to me! Jesus the Nazorean was a man whom God sent to you with miracles, wonders, and signs as his credentials. These God worked through him in your midst, as you well know." [ Acts 2:22 ]

# ``...The man who hears my word and has faith in him who sent me possesses eternal life.'' [ John 5:24 ]

# "Whoever welcomes me welcomes, not me, but him who sent me." [ Matthew 10:40, Mark 9:37, Luke 9:48, & John 13:20 ]

# ``...I have not come of myself. I was sent by One who has the right to send, and him you do not know. I know him because it is from him I come; he sent me.'' [ John 7:28-29 ]

# Jesus looked up to heaven and said, ``...Eternal life is this: to know you, the only true God, and him whom you have sent, Jesus Christ.'' [ John 17:1-3 ]

# All who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. [ Romans 8:14 ]

# Jesus looked upward and said, ``Father, I thank you for having heard me. I know that you always hear me but I have said this for the sake of the crowd, that they may believe that you sent me.'' [ John 11:41-42 ]

# As he was setting out on a journey a man came running up, knelt down before him and asked, ``Good Teacher, what must I do to share in everlasting life?'' Jesus answered, ``Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone.'' [ Mark 10:17-18 ]

# ``None of those who call me `Lord' will enter the kingdom of God, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven." [ Matthew 7:21 ]
# ``...Go to my brothers and tell them, `I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.' '' [ John 20:17 ]

In addition, it never made sense to me why it took the church 325 years after Jesus died to figure that he was GOD at the conference of Nicene. I mean, I cannot see Jesus withholding information like that from his family, friends, and disciples.

All of those verses you mentioned is Jesus basically saying "give all the credit to all I say and do to my Father in heaven." Just because he's giving credit to Father God doesn't mean Jesus himself didn't have the supernatural power from Father God.

Since Jesus technically came directly from God in heaven, he came to earth as 'God the human' and by that I mean he was still capable of doing supernatural things despite his physical mortality. It actually sounds like you're trying to say that Jesus wasn't really holy.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)