Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Could someone please explain this Islamic science
10-09-2008, 02:25 PM
Could someone please explain this Islamic science
Could someone please explain these particular quotes to me? WITHOUT DISRESPECT FOR ISLAM, I am Catholic, but had read the Quran and Hadiths. I know that Muslims point to scientific proofs within the Quran, but these seem to be quite contradictory to modern science.

"When he reached the setting place of the sun, he found it setting in a muddy spring and found a people thereabout. We said: ‘O Dhul-Qarneyn! Either punish or show them kindness"’ (Surah 18:86).

"Abu Dharr (one of Muhammad’s close companions) was with Muhammad during the sunset. Muhammad asked him: ‘Do you know, O Abu Dharr where this sets?’ He answered: ‘God and His apostle know better.’ Muhammad said: ‘It sets in a spring of slimy water"’

Now as I read these versus describe the sun prostrating itself before God, but the sun does not move, nor is it within the atmosphere of the earth. So how can this be?

Second.....
" He is created from a water gushing forth
Proceeding from between the back-bone and the ribs"
This is in reference to ejaculation and conception, I also remember something about if a man orgasisms first the child will be a boy, and a girl if it is the woman (I could find the exact passage if you need).
Again, these aren't in connection to what we presently know through science. Please do not point to the kidneys, a man without kidney function can still father a child.

Thank you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2008, 07:00 PM
RE: Could someone please explain this Islamic science
All these things were written thousands of years ago, were they not? Even if they got 1 thing right, its fairly impressive don't you think?
10-24-2008, 02:33 PM
Here is a URL that lists contradictions in the Qur'an:

http://www.carm.org/islam/Koran_contradictions.htm

Muslims believe the Qu'ran to be the word of God. If it is, there shouldn't be contradictions in it. Since there are many serious ones, it obviously isn't the literal word of God. The same argument applies to the Bible and the Book of Mormon.

God is perfect. People aren't. All sacred scriptures are imperfect translations of the one true Covenant.
11-03-2008, 03:12 PM
if there is a god somewhere please help 'em
11-06-2008, 02:23 PM
freedomthinker Wrote:Could someone please explain these particular quotes to me? WITHOUT DISRESPECT FOR ISLAM, I am Catholic, but had read the Quran and Hadiths. I know that Muslims point to scientific proofs within the Quran, but these seem to be quite contradictory to modern science.

"When he reached the setting place of the sun, he found it setting in a muddy spring and found a people thereabout. We said: ‘O Dhul-Qarneyn! Either punish or show them kindness"’ (Surah 18:86).

"Abu Dharr (one of Muhammad’s close companions) was with Muhammad during the sunset. Muhammad asked him: ‘Do you know, O Abu Dharr where this sets?’ He answered: ‘God and His apostle know better.’ Muhammad said: ‘It sets in a spring of slimy water"’

Now as I read these versus describe the sun prostrating itself before God, but the sun does not move, nor is it within the atmosphere of the earth. So how can this be?

Second.....
This is in reference to ejaculation and conception, I also remember something about if a man orgasisms first the child will be a boy, and a girl if it is the woman (I could find the exact passage if you need).
Again, these aren't in connection to what we presently know through science. Please do not point to the kidneys, a man without kidney function can still father a child.

Thank you

First things first, using hadiths & sunnah as a source of religious guidance and scientific fact is fundamentally flawed because they are fabricated hearsay attributed to Muhummad approx. 200 years after Muhummad died. Thus, they cannot possibly be from him. The book muslims are commanded to uphold (the Quran) states very clearly that the Quran is to be the only source of religious guidance. Anything else is condemned in Quran. Thus, hadith and sunnah are not exempt. So, using fabrications to support science is illogical.

Second, the Quran was written over 1400 years ago and the sheer quantity of modern scientific discoveries that confirm what Quran stated so very long ago is a proof in itself that this book is Divine in origin. However, majority of translations do not accurately translate the verses. Thus, there is a lot of ambiguity. If the verse were translated correctly you would see the science is concrete.

Many are surprised to find out that all the English translations (except one) were translated by non-native arabic speakers. Thus, their native tongue was neither English or Arabic. Therefore, by default, there is a lot of "lost in translation" situations. In fact, there is only one translation of Quran into English that was done by a native Arabic speaker who is fluent in English too. The best translation of Quran out there can be found here.

Note: there is a Quran translation comparison utility so you can be certain the verses in this translation are translated correctly.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-06-2008, 06:17 PM
I went to the Quran translation you recommended and reread a few suras.

Why does God use "GOD" (third person/singular), "me"/"my" (second person/singular) and "we" (first person/plural) in sura 2, The Heifer?
11-07-2008, 08:09 AM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2008 08:11 AM by GODisONE.)
Messenger Wrote:I went to the Quran translation you recommended and reread a few suras.

Why does God use "GOD" (third person/singular), "me"/"my" (second person/singular) and "we" (first person/plural) in sura 2, The Heifer?

In the English speaking world, where the trinity doctrine is prevalent, some people are intrigued by God's usage of the plural tense in the Quran. The overwhelming message of the Quran, where there is absolutely no compromise is that "GOD IS ONE" (2:133, 163; 4:171; 5:73; 6:19; 9:31; 12:39; 13:16; 14:48, 52; 16:22, 51; 18:110; 21:108; 22:34; 37:4; 38:65; 39:4; 40:16; 41:6; 112:1).

Whenever the first person plural form is used by the Almighty, it invariably indicates participation of other entities, such as the angels. For example, the revelation of this Quran involved participation of the angel Gabriel and the prophet Muhammad. Hence the use of the plural form in 15:9 "We revealed this scripture, and we will preserve it." The plural form here simply reflects the fact that the angel Gabriel and the prophet Muhammad participated in the process of delivering the Quran.

Another example has to do with blowing the breath of life into Adam and Jesus. The creation of Adam took place in heaven and God directly blew into him the breath of life. Thus, the first person singular form is consistently used: "I blew into Adam from My spirit" (15:29, 38:72). The creation of Jesus, on the other hand, took place on earth, and Gabriel carried God's "word" to Mary. The plural form is consistently used when referring to the creation of Jesus (21:91, 66:12).

When God spoke to Moses directly, without the mediation of angels, we see that God is speaking exclusively in the singular tense: "I am God. There is no other god besides Me. You shall worship Me alone, and observe the regular contact prayers (Salat) to commemorate Me." (20:12-14).

Whenever the worship of God is mentioned, the singular tense is used (51:56).

I hope this answers your question.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-28-2009, 07:51 AM
Okay I want to tell you that I don't know so much a bout how to explain quran

But I look for it in Arabic sources and that’s what I find
عين
Means
The sea or spring (it means the eye too it means so thing do you know any word in English which means several meaning it is like that…)
حمئة
Means muddy

I love Allah

Some say that this ayah (which you are asking a bout) means that
He (The man which quran was speaking about him) Arrive somewhere and sea the sunset (do you know when you arrive to the see and sea the sunset there it will look like that the sun is diving , is not that is right?)There.

The land which (he arrives to) was so wide and had fertile soil and so many springs.
The most of fertile soil has black color.

So that land was full of muddy springs

When he arrives to that land he saw the sunset that land was so wide,
So he thought t that the sun set in it in one of its muddy springs.

You know in the past no one knew what we know now.
But Allah does
Allah know everything

But take care

The quran said that
"He found it"
Allah doe not say that
"It was"
Because Allah know that the sun does not set on the land
but Allah tells Us a storey and the storey should be told as it
08-29-2009, 03:41 PM
[/color]Please see my reply below in red:

In these verses, Allah clearly said that Dhul-Qarneyn saw, it does not says that Allah said so. So very simply, if you go to the Western Part of the world where land is finished before Water of sea, then you can see sunset, it will look like that sun is going down in water as in several desktop pictures you can see same view, and I am pretty sure same view was seen by Dhul-Qarneyn which is mentioned in Quran. I hope this is clear to you if not, please feel free to write me a private or open message and I shall be in touch until you satisfied.
Allah knows the truth.

[color]Please always give complete reference of book and Hadith number when you ask any question related to Quran and Hadith. Here I must tell you that Quran is the only book on which all Muslims are 100% agree. Hadith books have several issues amoung different Muslim. But answer on your question is once again same as first question, this is a sight seen by a human being like Dhul-Qarneyn. Muhammad (PBUH) is a human being not God of course a Messanger and best of all world but still a human being who spent his life on earth before many centuries. Is it clear? Maybe if you give me complete reference, I could give you more detailed answer!
Allah knows the truth.[/color]

[color]Very simply, your knowlege is not prefect, you don't know that science has finally recognised and accepted that sun moves. (you said it does not move). Allah said in Quran that every creation in Universe and outside always praise glory of Allah but you (people on earth like me and you) can not hear. Same way, we don't know how Sun prostrate before Allah but of course it does. 2/3 years ago, we were not even accpting that Sun moves, but now science believe it moves. Few years ago we were not accepting the trees are live creation but now we know. Same ways several fects that we never knew in past years are known these days. Sooner or later, this will also come out that how Sun prostrate before his and our Lord.[/color][color]

Second.....

Please go to youtube.com and write these words "miracle of man's creation" you will find several videos of how a baby gets created in mother's body or this is the direct link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cguVuRBCybQ if you can work with. Of course your answer is within this.
Also see mircles of Quran in your tube!
Allah knows the Truth![/color][color]
08-29-2009, 04:16 PM
So your answer is, "We don't know, but we're sure science will eventually admit that it is wrong and that the sun actually does prostrate itself before Allah?"

This is a perfect example of why religious thinking is bad. You are willing to ignore all the problems with your particular sacred book, and focus only on the few things that match up. Even when this requires you to deny scientific discovery.

You, just like every Christian I know, explains away verses that contradict other verses, or verses that contradict science, by claiming that they are metaphor, or not to be taken literally. But then you insist that other parts of your book be taken literally. This double-standard simply is not logically viable.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The main Islamic book i.e. Quran is a not a science book but has scientific clues. magdy-evidence 6 624 09-03-2015 02:30 PM
Last Post: KAYSER
  How does evolution explain complex insect instinct? SeekingReality 12 1,774 05-23-2013 02:28 PM
Last Post: john amoss

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)