Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Crazy or what?
09-17-2017, 04:40 AM
Crazy or what?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-asia-...-of-Christ

Apparently seven guys have claimed to be Jesus on his 'second coming'!

I remember posting on a forum some years ago where a member claimed to be Jesus popping down here on his second appearance. The chap seemed quite distressed when none of us took him seriously. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-17-2017, 04:53 AM
RE: Crazy or what?
Imprecise Interrupt posted a very similar article in his blog a number of weeks back. But that's OK, you posting it here will probably reach a wider audience, goldenrain. Smile Anyways, it all comes down to people wanting truth, and like the starving person who will eat anything that looks like food, the followers of the "unique" individuals will latch themselves onto whatever they feel obtains.

09-17-2017, 05:10 AM
(09-17-2017 04:53 AM)IMtM Wrote:  Imprecise Interrupt posted a very similar article in his blog a number of weeks back. But that's OK, you posting it here will probably reach a wider audience, goldenrain. Smile Anyways, it all comes down to people wanting truth, and like the starving person who will eat anything that looks like food, the followers of the "unique" individuals will latch themselves onto whatever they feel obtains.

I suppose one should feel sorry for people who believe in such nonsense. Jesus is long dead and isn't going to put in another appearance, imo.
09-17-2017, 01:44 PM
(09-17-2017 04:40 AM)Goldenrain Wrote:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-asia-...-of-Christ

Apparently seven guys have claimed to be Jesus on his 'second coming'!
I remember posting on a forum some years ago where a member claimed to be Jesus popping down here on his second appearance. The chap seemed quite distressed when none of us took him seriously. Big Grin

These ideas came about when life was very very harsh, very violent. people even strong ones were but damsels in distress looking for the knight in shining armor to come save them. Back then the knight was the king and naturally God was made in his image. The King alone had the power and wealth to protect his subjects and give them a shot at a fair life

But naturally the king, with enemies everywhere, demanded obedience and loyalty(belief) and again people of that era created such heavens in the sky - a life of ease under a king-like God who would give them the good life. Religions of that day exploited the king's demand for loyalty and obedience by asking for the same from believers - "only the believers will be rewarded, everyone else will be cast into hell" - it achieved two things - 1. it kicked out the disbelievers - the Atheists & others who asked uncomfortable questions 2. the only ones left were the eager believers, these could be manipulated and controlled at will

It was just a question of numbers, once the numbers increased it was an easy matter of hunting down the disbelievers and atheists and having them killed! Since holy books and history was in their hands, the killings were easily explained as killing "evil doers"

Sadly the weak and the coward are still with us - still damsels in distress - still looking for the knight in shining armor to come save them

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  God is a Crazy Guy RamaRaksha 30 511 11-17-2017 03:25 PM
Last Post: RamaRaksha
  omg!!! crazy MRlogic 61 5,290 12-27-2010 12:29 PM
Last Post: MRlogic
  Hello my name is Helio and i am the son of Extra Terrestrials, am i crazy?? james 5 1,132 11-25-2010 11:54 AM
Last Post: Sinlful Hypocrite

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)