Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Crucifixion
03-08-2010, 08:26 AM
Crucifixion
I always ask those trying to preach the gospel to convert me if crucifixion was God's best plan for his Son.
I have $20 to give the evangelist capable of a good reply.
Promise.

More bakeries less churches; more baking powder less religion.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2010, 08:30 AM
RE: Crucifixion
I've got an invisible swimsuit I will sell to you for that $20

????????????????
03-08-2010, 09:33 AM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2010 09:43 AM by Stereophonic.)
Whenever you use the word, "best," you have to put it into the context of all other available options.

How do you think God should deal with the problem of sin, given the constraints of:

1) Human free will
2) Moral reality, which entails that a distinction be made between good and evil
3) Consequences for evil, as required for there to be a real distinction between good and evil
4) God's love, which requires that the entire burden of evil (and its consequences) NOT be placed upon God's creatures

Try to answer these questions without resorting to your current understanding of Christian theology (which, from what I have seen in your posts thus far, seems inaccurate).

http://www.biblicaltraining.org/ --- http://www.ntwrightpage.com/
03-08-2010, 11:49 AM
Stereo, your collection of theological imponderables defines you as confused and inaccurate.
Was crucifixion THE best plan from a God of love, if you prefer?
1. There is no "Free Will"! Try to prove its existence and I will shoot you [your argument] down quickly.
2. Good & Evil was not prearranged by us, humans.
3. The "consequences" of Evil lay at God's door - we are born INNOCENT!
4. God is NOT love; in fact what is love? You are stuck right away!

03-08-2010, 12:05 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2010 12:05 PM by Stereophonic.)
(03-08-2010 11:49 AM)julio Wrote:  ...1. There is no "Free Will"! Try to prove its existence and I will shoot you [your argument] down quickly...

If there is no free will, then nothing else really matters.

Go ahead now and try to shoot down the concept of free will, if that is in fact what you believe you are predestined to attempt at this particular time on this particular thread...

http://www.biblicaltraining.org/ --- http://www.ntwrightpage.com/
03-08-2010, 12:33 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2010 01:08 PM by julio.)
(03-08-2010 12:05 PM)Stereophonic Wrote:  
(03-08-2010 11:49 AM)julio Wrote:  ...1. There is no "Free Will"! Try to prove its existence and I will shoot you [your argument] down quickly...

If there is no free will, then nothing else really matters.

Go ahead now and try to shoot down the concept of free will, if that is in fact what you believe you are predestined to attempt at this particular time on this particular thread...
See how you applied your "free will" right away?!...
With a "IF"!
You're not sure.
You'll never be sure.
[You are free to choose - to a point - but not free to choose the results of your choices; always.]
Free Will would allow you to choose the results, but not even the [imaginary] God can do that!
Therefore: yes, there is no Free Will.
It's a philosophical misnomer.
And yet, religion merchandises that for self-interest.
The term "free" is indefinable.
The term "will" is an imponderable.
Have a sunny afternoon.
Religion is your brain by the power of another.

03-08-2010, 01:12 PM
(03-08-2010 08:26 AM)julio Wrote:  I always ask those trying to preach the gospel to convert me if crucifixion was God's best plan for his Son.
I have $20 to give the evangelist capable of a good reply.
Promise.

Basically, you are asking a mere human to judge the almighty God's actions and say if God could have done something better. Do you really think a human being can know better than God? The premise of your question, that a human could possibly know better than God, is flawed in the extreme and therefore nullifies that entire question.
03-08-2010, 01:28 PM
That means that when a man arrives in the forum to tell us that Jesus' crucifixion was an act of God we MUST believe him?!...

03-08-2010, 01:30 PM
(03-08-2010 01:28 PM)julio Wrote:  That means that when a man arrives in the forum to tell us that Jesus' crucifixion was an act of God we MUST believe him?!...

That depends. Are you a Christian? If you are, then you would not even be asking the question. If you are not, then you have other issues to deal with besides trying to judge God.
03-08-2010, 01:30 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2010 01:34 PM by julio.)
Or do you need "Prophets" to tell you that Jesus' crucifixion was God's plan for something?!...
Do prophets tell you that they are prophets, or do OTHER MEN tell you that they are prophets?!...
Ah, the religious mind!
Religion is a disease of the soul.
(03-08-2010 01:30 PM)TheCatholic Wrote:  
(03-08-2010 01:28 PM)julio Wrote:  That means that when a man arrives in the forum to tell us that Jesus' crucifixion was an act of God we MUST believe him?!...

That depends. Are you a Christian? If you are, then you would not even be asking the question. If you are not, then you have other issues to deal with besides trying to judge God.
"Judge God" is jargon!
Nobody judges any God.
We have "free will" to ask ANY question!
I asked if killing Jesus by crucifixion was the best possibility.
I can easily see other better options.
Do you?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Crucifixion of Jesus PBUH KAYSER 131 7,117 Yesterday 06:56 PM
Last Post: KAYSER
  Evolution from Mark to John: let us talk about the garden and timing of crucifixion Ahmadi 15 2,806 02-17-2010 11:32 AM
Last Post: Parousia

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)