Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dare I ask the question - Does anyone else hate Christmas?
12-05-2009, 07:25 AM
Dare I ask the question - Does anyone else hate Christmas?
This is the time of year for family and friends to get together, unfortunately I will not be allowed to see or visit some of my children or grandchildren. I have paid a heavy price for leaving what I regarded as rules, regulations and rituals of an unbelievable religion. I have published my life story at
http://www.bbc.co.uk/mystory/stories/fam...ds/151208/ Title: The Impossible Dream. My post today is to ask if there are any other people who believe Christmas is a difficult time - and not the festive season that the majority celebrate? Take care THANKS
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2009, 01:30 PM
RE: Dare I ask the question - Does anyone else hate Christmas?
Christmas is great as long as you take advantage of it as a holiday to spend with a few people you care about. If you get wrapped up in the "meaning of Christmas" though, it just gets annoying.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
12-05-2009, 06:50 PM
Fortunately my Christian parents never got hung up on the religious ritual side of Christmas, and it was always a time for fun for us kids, and all our relatives. Thus as an atheist family today, we still celebrate the holiday with our pagan Christmas tree & all. At a certain age you get to choose who you spend Christmas with, don't waste the holiday with people who will bring you down, even if they are close family.
12-08-2009, 08:48 AM
(12-05-2009 06:50 PM)rm10 Wrote:  Fortunately my Christian parents never got hung up on the religious ritual side of Christmas, and it was always a time for fun for us kids, and all our relatives. Thus as an atheist family today, we still celebrate the holiday with our pagan Christmas tree & all. At a certain age you get to choose who you spend Christmas with, don't waste the holiday with people who will bring you down, even if they are close family.
Thanks for your comments rm10 - Sounds like you have a great time at Christmas. I just hate the commercial side and the fact that I don`t see all my children. Today I wanted to contact everyone personally for replying or reading my story on the website. Hopefully I will be given the opportunity to reveal the whole story and finally put that chapter to rest. Taking the best from the past, leaving the worst behind and going forward into a brighter future. Thanks again and take care.
12-08-2009, 01:02 PM
I just read your story on the link and I can understand your sadness at this time of year. Nothing hurts so much as being separated from your family during a time culturally dedicated to family togetherness. Sucks.

Do you ever get to see your children? I would think that legally you have that right (at least here in the U.S. - not sure about U.K.).

---------------
Not selling anything.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)