Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Debate! Biomystic vs. GTseng3
01-21-2010, 12:35 AM
Debate! Biomystic vs. GTseng3
Okay, so Biomystic said that "he and god" would take me on. So here's the thread I set up for that. While I know everyone wants a piece of this, I would appreciate, just for readability, if you keep it between myself and biomystic at least for a few days.

So, again, atheism is a null hypothesis. It basically just says "god has no evidence at all." Thus, first point has to go to biomystic, since he's the one presenting his version of god. Not to mention he regularly slams other religions, so I expect him to tell me why his god is more believable than other gods.

I'm looking forward to this. It should be interesting, no matter who wins.

Just a few general suggestions (not rules, I wouldn't presume to make rules, just suggestions):

1. List your sources.
2. Since we're talking about god informal logic is as valid as formal logic, but at least some basic reasoning must be involved. God does not exist (or cease to exist) because someone says so.
3. We all know mentioning Hitler or making personal attacks do not actually invalidate the argument, but they are bad form. Lets try and make this a clean debate.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-21-2010, 06:15 PM
RE: Debate! Biomystic vs. GTseng3
We are Holy One.
I win.
Everyone can go home now and celebrate.

Praise
01-21-2010, 07:41 PM
Someone is a little bit scared of losing. Tongue

"One who cannot truly destroy cannot truly create."
01-21-2010, 08:01 PM
Allow me to rebut.

No, you are not. You are typing on an internet forum, therefore you are human, because no other known being types on an internet forum. Thus you are clearly not the holy one.

To refute me you need to provide some evidence to the contrary.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
01-21-2010, 09:32 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2010 09:36 PM by Zagreus.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvEnIkz82A0

(Ding! Ding!)

*Takes out GT's gumshield, wipes his forehead, and gives him some water.*

"Motivational speech"

*Gumshield back in*

(Ding! Ding!)

As you were gentlemen.
01-21-2010, 09:48 PM
I'm actually sorely disappointed. I was looking forward to a good debate, and I got... that.

It's like Rocky going through all that work, and then facing Ashley Olson. When she was three. And then watching her knock herself out without lifting a finger.

I'm just... man, I went to all the work of setting up this thread. I feel cheated.

01-21-2010, 10:01 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2010 10:04 PM by Zagreus.)
There might be more. I've book marked all the Rocky / Mr. T. training montages just in case there are, and we can always finish on 'Eye of the Tiger.'

Maybe this is like the bit with Apollo to build up tension? Perhaps Hillbilly is like Hulk Hogan?

Is Parousia going to come in like the debate Dolph Lundgren?

"I must break you"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaMu6NldFCw
01-21-2010, 10:14 PM
(01-21-2010 06:15 PM)biomystic Wrote:  We are Holy One.
I win.
Everyone can go home now and celebrate.

Praise
That was your debate? Pathetic.
01-21-2010, 10:27 PM
(01-21-2010 08:01 PM)GTseng3 Wrote:  Allow me to rebut.

No, you are not. You are typing on an internet forum, therefore you are human, because no other known being types on an internet forum. Thus you are clearly not the holy one.

To refute me you need to provide some evidence to the contrary.

Ah, you're making it too easy. If you read my post I said "We" are Holy One. Not me all by myself. "We", and many of "Us" are busy typing away on internet forums. You are part of Us, depending on which scriptural reference book you as part of We are looking at.

Weeeeee,

Score one for the Biomystic!
01-21-2010, 10:36 PM
This is a true story of a mystic from medieval Islam, who was summoned to the court of a king to hold a debate with some of the outstanding scholars of his time. But to the amazement and chagrin of all, the outcome of the debate turned out to be exactly the opposite of what they had expected. Within a few exchanges of arguments and counter-arguments the great academics were driven out of their depth, gasping for their breath and groping for words. None could succeed in matching the intricacies of the Sufi's ethereal logic. At this point, the king was struck with a brilliant idea and ordered the warden of the elephants' house to have the most ferocious of his elephants brought to the palace grounds. This particular elephant happened to be stricken with a madness no less than that of the Sufi. The only difference perhaps was that in the Sufi's mind the outer reality did not exist. But the elephant wanted to destroy all outward reality himself. From the one end the Sufi was pushed into the open and from the other the elephant was let loose. The Sufi without losing his breath, ran for his life forthwith.

Observing this, the king shouted from the balcony of his palace, 'Don't run away O Sufi, from this phantom elephant. He is only a figment of your imagination!' 'Who is running away?' shouted back the Sufi. 'It is only a figment of your imagination.' Thus ended the predicament of the Sufi but not the debate itself. It still rages on. Biomystic is following in his footsteps!

I am second coming of Thomas Paine. If you are a Christian, have you read Age of Reason?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)