Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Deities that were demonized
07-11-2017, 04:04 PM
RE: Deities that were demonized
Might be just me, but I think that's bending the rules a wee bit. If memory serves this hasn't been named the Paganism sub-forum as I'm one of the few Pagans here. But it certainly was not intended for Christianity and Judaism, which have their own sub-forums. If you want to go on about what the bible says, that might be a better place for it than here.

Кровь за Кровь, Во Славу Великим!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2017, 04:14 PM
(07-11-2017 04:04 PM)Satyros Wrote:  Might be just me, but I think that's bending the rules a wee bit. If memory serves this hasn't been named the Paganism sub-forum as I'm one of the few Pagans here. But it certainly was not intended for Christianity and Judaism, which have their own sub-forums. If you want to go on about what the bible says, that might be a better place for it than here.

I am not a Christian nor a Jew.
Iesous was Demonized by the Jews and YaHuWeH was demonized by the Gnosistics.
Find all posts by this user
07-11-2017, 04:20 PM
(Still not relevant) but no, Jesus was not demonized by the Jews, he was rejected as the messiah by the Jews. Haven't really ever heard of YHWH being demonized by Gnostics, but I'd bet that it's rejection as well.

Кровь за Кровь, Во Славу Великим!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-11-2017, 04:22 PM
(07-11-2017 03:44 PM)Eloh Wrote:  
(07-11-2017 03:37 PM)Imprecise Interrupt Wrote:  
(07-11-2017 03:19 PM)Eloh Wrote:  
(07-11-2017 03:10 PM)Imprecise Interrupt Wrote:  Eloh

Are you saying that Judaism and Christianity can be seen as polytheistic religions?

YaHuWeH is a naturalistic deity, that uses statements of incomparability, but yes, there are many gods.

Yes or no, are you saying that Judaism and Christianity can be seen as polytheistic religions? If they cannot be viewed as polytheistic religions, they cannot be discussed here.

Christianity and Judaism are Polytheistic.
Christianity is Polytheistic.
Judaism is Monolatristic but Polytheistic neverless.
"The Word" is my proof.

I was not concerned with 'proof'. This is the Religions of the World section (ROTW) where the religion of the particular forum is accepted without question and cannot be debated against. If the idea is put forth in the Polytheism forum (here) that Christianity can be viewed as polytheistic, it seems to me (*) that this is acceptable as long as somebody actually practices polytheistic Christianity. The whole idea of the ROTW section is to allow discussion by practitioners of the religion in question and others willing to respect their beliefs. Do you or anyone else actually practice polytheistic Christianity? Is there a coherent body of belief that needs to be respected?

If polytheistic Christianity can be treated as a legitimate topic of discussion in this forum, it might be more appropriate to start a separate thread on the topic. This is assuming there are practitioner(s) and a coherent body of belief. If that is not the case the General Religion forum sounds like the proper place.

My fiftieth of a dollar anyway.

* I am nobody special, not a mod, just some guy with opinions.

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
- Albert Einstein
07-11-2017, 04:32 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2017 04:33 PM by Eloh.)
(07-11-2017 04:22 PM)Imprecise Interrupt Wrote:  
(07-11-2017 03:44 PM)Eloh Wrote:  
(07-11-2017 03:37 PM)Imprecise Interrupt Wrote:  
(07-11-2017 03:19 PM)Eloh Wrote:  
(07-11-2017 03:10 PM)Imprecise Interrupt Wrote:  Eloh

Are you saying that Judaism and Christianity can be seen as polytheistic religions?

YaHuWeH is a naturalistic deity, that uses statements of incomparability, but yes, there are many gods.

Yes or no, are you saying that Judaism and Christianity can be seen as polytheistic religions? If they cannot be viewed as polytheistic religions, they cannot be discussed here.

Christianity and Judaism are Polytheistic.
Christianity is Polytheistic.
Judaism is Monolatristic but Polytheistic neverless.
"The Word" is my proof.

I was not concerned with 'proof'. This is the Religions of the World section (ROTW) where the religion of the particular forum is accepted without question and cannot be debated against. If the idea is put forth in the Polytheism forum (here) that Christianity can be viewed as polytheistic, it seems to me (*) that this is acceptable as long as somebody actually practices polytheistic Christianity. The whole idea of the ROTW section is to allow discussion by practitioners of the religion in question and others willing to respect their beliefs. Do you or anyone else actually practice polytheistic Christianity? Is there a coherent body of belief that needs to be respected?

If polytheistic Christianity can be treated as a legitimate topic of discussion in this forum, it might be more appropriate to start a separate thread on the topic. This is assuming there are practitioner(s) and a coherent body of belief. If that is not the case the General Religion forum sounds like the proper place.

My fiftieth of a dollar anyway.

* I am nobody special, not a mod, just some guy with opinions.

I am not a Christian nor a Jew but my beliefs are strongly tied to a Polytheistic view of the Bible. I am friends with many of the Biblical Deities, but as to avoid fighting about who or rather what I "believe"(know) that I am, I will not talk about myself as there is no proof that I can give. That said, Iesous was not YaHuWeH's son, but El Elyon's son, even Legion said so.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How do Celtic deities differ from those of Rome in pre-Christian Ireland. mactire 0 281 07-26-2015 04:16 PM
Last Post: mactire
  Universal Deities azurescen 1 1,017 06-04-2011 07:30 AM
Last Post: Don.Q

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)