Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Describe your personal "heaven"
08-12-2011, 11:37 PM
Describe your personal "heaven"
Supposing for the sake of argument there was an afterlife and it was in every way perfect -- ie, we would spend an eternity there doing all the things we love doing and so on. What would yours be like?

I intend this more as a game than anything else, but I think it could lead to some interesting philosophical discussion. What is there that you find so wonderful that you could spend an eternity doing it?

I think for me, the greatest thing heaven could possibly be would be the chance to simply ask questions of an omniscient being. How awesome would it be to be able to ask ANY question and get an accurate and truthful answer? Anything I could possibly want to know about science, history, philosophy, the cosmos, anything. That is something I could happily spend the rest of eternity on.

Barring that, I'd want it to look something like Camp Woodward, but without the cheerleaders, bikers, and skateboarders.

No single step in the search for enlightenment should ever be considered sacred; only the search should.
-Ann Druyan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-13-2011, 01:59 PM
RE: Describe your personal "heaven"
darkness, with no more brain activity. Basically, what I think already happens.

If everyone was thinking the same thing, then no one would be thinking at all.
08-13-2011, 10:24 PM
The son of mans heaven is here not in another so call after life like religions believe, but sinners won't be allowed in the club of the just. The son of man gives Glory to God and in turn the Lord glorifies Him. I am son of man, I know the Lord and I keep His words.The Lord is the God of the living not of the dead. Anyone who does not eat the flesh of the son of man and drink his blood has no life in him, for my flesh is true food and my blood is honest drink. Anyone who eats my flesh and drinks my blood will live forever and I'll raise him up on the last day.

I am about to create new heavens and a new earth; The things of the past shall not be remembered or come to mind.
Instead, there shall always be rejoicing and happiness in what I create; For I create Jerusalem to be a joy and its people to be a delight;
I will rejoice in Jerusalem and exult in my people. No longer shall the sound of weeping be heard there, or the sound of crying;
No longer shall there be in it an infant who lives but a few days, or an old man who does not round out his full lifetime; He dies a mere youth who reaches but a hundred years, and he who fails of a hundred shall be thought accursed.
They shall live in the houses they build, and eat the fruit of the vineyards they plant;
They shall not build houses for others to live in, or plant for others to eat. As the years of a tree, so the years of my people; and my chosen ones shall long enjoy the produce of their hands.
They shall not toil in vain, nor beget children for sudden destruction; For a race blessed by the Lord are they and their offspring.
Before they call, I will answer; while they are yet speaking, I will hearken to them.
The wolf and the lamb shall graze alike, and the lion shall eat hay like the ox (but the serpent's food shall be dust). None shall hurt or destroy on all my holy mountain, says the Lord.
08-13-2011, 11:36 PM
You know I don't think they'll live to 100 just eating grapes OK? No cars then? How come you die in heaven, your getting very confused aren't you purple.

????????????????
08-14-2011, 06:32 AM
If God does exist, then total union with God is the only thing that I think you could happily do for EVER. Which is good as most religions already say that's what'll happen.
08-14-2011, 06:45 AM
But then what do you do Arj...................do we become braindead? What does my intelligence have to keep me interested for eternity?

????????????????
08-14-2011, 11:37 AM
A neverending library. Oh, and lots of sex (naturally).

Join Atheism Today! Be sure to ask about our sexy parties. Big Grin
08-14-2011, 01:32 PM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2011 01:33 PM by Visqueen.)
(08-14-2011 11:37 AM)jrpurdon Wrote:  A neverending library. Oh, and lots of sex (naturally).

Finally - someone responds the way I was thinking! hahaha

I want a neverending library with multiple levels that are reached by way of small wrought iron spiral staircases, and where the highest shelves can only be reached by rolling ladders. There are comfy chairs set in private recesses scattered round about for reading. There is an extensive - nay, completely comprehensive rare book section.

In the next room is my bar and oh look - there's Matt Pike enjoying a Jameson. When he's done we're going to jam together because it's heaven so I can play the guitar at his level - then I switch to the drumkit because it's heaven so I'm a complete master of double bass drums.

Sorry no idea why that entire thing is underlined - not supposed to be!
08-14-2011, 01:34 PM
(08-14-2011 11:37 AM)jrpurdon Wrote:  A neverending library. Oh, and lots of sex (naturally).

Obviously there must be lots of sex. Perhaps somewhere other than a library though, I'd personally find people reading and going "shhh!" a bit distracting while trying to have sex, and vice-versa too.

In the end, it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
08-14-2011, 02:16 PM
(08-14-2011 01:34 PM)Zoe Doidge Wrote:  Obviously there must be lots of sex. Perhaps somewhere other than a library though, I'd personally find people reading and going "shhh!" a bit distracting while trying to have sex, and vice-versa too.

When I'm not having sex, the library is empty.

Join Atheism Today! Be sure to ask about our sexy parties. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Words can't describe the disgust I felt when reading this... HeathenHero95 101 4,319 05-25-2014 08:09 PM
Last Post: Cletus Jenkins
  Personal faith and life transforming spirituality kloepp 7 1,302 01-15-2013 04:16 PM
Last Post: StarStuff
  A personal relationship with Jesus Huitaca 40 4,952 10-08-2011 03:53 PM
Last Post: EqualAtheist
  Is Jesus your personal beast of burden? Greatest I am 7 1,863 08-25-2010 08:39 AM
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Personal Christianity biomystic 3 966 07-02-2010 07:59 PM
Last Post: biomystic

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)